It's Just Different

Ish won’t coach LBs and so far he isn’t really recruiting them either. They may call him an OLB coach on the official site but nobody on that roster is listed that way and they didn’t tell Nick Cull or Jacorey Thomas they were gonna be OLBs. Considering the talk of that position becoming an in the box nickel back with coverage skills instead of a big safety/smallish LB position it makes sense.

The point was to talk about what we’re lacking in recruiting LBs and bringing up Ish this cycle and his attributes ain’t got anything to do with it because he’s not the primary on any of the recruits we’re after currently and unless he has a connection to a kid you may not see him doing it in the future
Patke’s been here 5 years and our linebacker recruiting has been very poor. Ish is new and known as a solid recruiter, has local ties, and yes, has olb next to his name. Striker, whatever. We’ll see how that goes. You're arguing with yourself. whole exchange is stupid. Sorry i bothered respond to you.

Advertisement
When you have ELITE recruiters. Watching T-Rob work while mentoring a young former cane in DVD is ******* amazing man. Simpson is getting big-time kids on campus every **** weekend. Preaching NFL experience.

Linebacker recruiting is and will continue to be a ****sh*w until we bring in a DOG qualified to coach and recruit at Miami.

Closer to where we belong. Not there yet.

Thanks for your feedback, Mr. Durant.

When you have ELITE recruiters. Watching T-Rob work while mentoring a young former cane in DVD is ******* amazing man. Simpson is getting big-time kids on campus every **** weekend. Preaching NFL experience.

Linebacker recruiting is and will continue to be a ****sh*w until we bring in a DOG qualified to coach and recruit at Miami.

The only thing that matters is results. Results as in getting these mofos in class.

Not trying to be negative, but............June is over and done. Dead period is starting again. We had multiple huge recruiting events, and "experts" here said don't worry we are getting lots of great players. Should we just accept that until everyone sees how the team performs, we are not going to have many announcments?

And before everyone piles in and says "this year is different-Covid lockdown" nearly every other power five team has over half of their classes filled. Yes, I know that many will decommit and change, but at this point EVERYONE must admit that we are doing it differently from everyone else. I get waiting for top 100 players, [even thought Bama, OSU, UGa, UF, Clem, UNC, O, Tex, and nearly everyone else who gets top players already have their share] but why are we not getting/letting anyone commit?

Not trying to be negative, but............June is over and done. Dead period is starting again. We had multiple huge recruiting events, and "experts" here said don't worry we are getting lots of great players. Should we just accept that until everyone sees how the team performs, we are not going to have many announcments?

And before everyone piles in and says "this year is different-Covid lockdown" nearly every other power five team has over half of their classes filled. Yes, I know that many will decommit and change, but at this point EVERYONE must admit that we are doing it differently from everyone else. I get waiting for top 100 players, [even thought Bama, OSU, UGa, UF, Clem, UNC, O, Tex, and nearly everyone else who gets top players already have their share] but why are we not getting/letting anyone commit?
Legit like 2 days ago after Paradise, Manny commented on this and clarified the fact that we are purposely doing this. He wants the commits to feel authentic and not push kids to commit before they're ready. Admittedly it's tough seeing all this commitment action and us not getting anything, but several "in the know" posters have confirmed we are doing this on purpose and Manny has said as much in the last few days. Just have to sit back and wait like the rest of us without any sources lol

Advertisement

So, will you feel better when we have 5-7 guys in the boat by the end of July ?

E35349B6-80BC-4093-8593-55C8ECAE42E1.jpeg

Maybe this will put your mind at ease?

T-rob leads recruiting on all top targets including LBs. Ish is a good recruiter too

Advertisement
Patke’s been here 5 years and our linebacker recruiting has been very poor. Ish is new and known as a solid recruiter, has local ties, and yes, has olb next to his name. Striker, whatever. We’ll see how that goes. You're arguing with yourself. whole exchange is stupid. Sorry i bothered respond to you.

IIRC, Patke is not a positional recruiter. He has parts of FL and NJ areas and some others. He's the primary recruiter for Tolan, Jackson and a couple others, I believe. Also, if you're gonna blame someone on LB recruiting/evals/dev, blame Manny first.

IIRC, Patke is not a positional recruiter. He has parts of FL and NJ areas and some others. He's the primary recruiter for Tolan, Jackson and a couple others, I believe. Also, if you're gonna blame someone on LB recruiting/evals/dev, blame Manny first.
I haven't blamed anyone. I simply stated 'Let’s see what we recruit this cycle. Not content with where we’re at but we have a brand new LB coach who also has a good rep as a recruiter.' I got back some lecture on patke and ish.

this was the worst move Diaz made. Instead of hiring another linebackers coach who can recruit he pulls an Al Golden and hires a guy who can’t coach or recruit the position. Major mistake We will see what happens

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back