It's Great To Be A Miami Hurricane

grover

Senior
Premium
Been a long drought, boys. But we're back.

**** Tobacco Road, **** Clemson and Dabo, Double **** FSU, that program is dust.

I'm not going all 15-0. But you can see it, you can taste it, you can smell it, Victory.

This program is like the Ukrainian army, shelled and battered, beaten down, But never defeated. And now we've been resupplied with first-world weapons and we're going to go out and kick the living **** out of the ACC.

iwo jima2.png

* p.s., no disrespect to our war heroes and vets.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimbo's record at A&M:
9-4
8-5
9-1 (Covid)
8-4

Mario is just beginning. If we lose that game, it's a speed bump not a train wreck.

I said what I said. Nobody wanted Mario here more than me. Nobody. Check the receipts. But we’re not back because we got a DT transfer. We’re back when we go on the road and beat Top 10 teams, which A&M certainly will be. Jimbo is a fraud, but he has a better roster. We’re certainly on the right road back if/when we win that game. Not in April.

BUT….tonight is a great night. The last 4 months have been a great 4 months. I’m not here to poo-poo on what we’re building. But chill on the “back” talk. Let’s build.

I said what I said. Nobody wanted Mario here more than me. Nobody. Check the receipts. But we’re not back because we got a DT transfer. We’re back when we go on the road and beat Top 10 teams, which A&M certainly will be. Jimbo is a fraud, but he has a better roster. We’re certainly on the right road back if/when we win that game. Not in April.

BUT….tonight is a great night. The last 4 months have been a great 4 months. I’m not here to poo-poo on what we’re building. But chill on the “back” talk. Let’s build.
Not disagreeing with you but the overhaul of the entire program isn’t going to hinge on one September game this fall

We aren’t there yet where we are doing those things to me, but we are closer than we were and that’s not just about this transfer, it’s just the top to bottom overhaul for me

Just my opinion though

Not disagreeing with you but the overhaul of the entire program isn’t going to hinge on one September game this fall

We aren’t there yet where we are doing those things to me, but we are closer than we were and that’s not just about this transfer, it’s just the top to bottom overhaul for me

Just my opinion though

We are on the road to getting there. We are laying framework. We are building. But this is a football program. At the end of the day, the literal only thing that matters is winning football games. Only. Are we doing the things necessary to start winning football games? I genuinely believe we are. And it started with hiring the 1000.0% right man for the job. So, I’m excited. I’m beyond excited. But Mario Cristobal does not have Miami “back” with a 0-0 career record on the football field. Neither does John Ruiz or anyone else. And 1 game in September doesn’t tell the entire story either. But it sure tells a much bigger piece of it than anything else can in April.

Advertisement

**** Tobacco Road, **** Clemson and Dabo, Double **** FSU, that program is dust.

I'm not going all 15-0. But you can see it, you can taste it, you can smell it, Victory.

This program is like the Ukrainian army, shelled and battered, beaten down, But never defeated. And now we've been resupplied with first-world weapons and we're going to go out and kick the living **** out of the ACC.

View attachment 183764
This clip from First Contact sums up the last 16 years.

To paraphrase...
They invade South Florida to recruit and we fall back
They assimilate entire high schools and we fall back
Not again. The line must be drawn here - this far and no farther.

And I will make them pay for what they've done

We are on the road to getting there. We are laying framework. We are building. But this is a football program. At the end of the day, the literal only thing that matters is winning football games. Only. Are we doing the things necessary to start winning football games? I genuinely believe we are. And it started with hiring the 1000.0% right man for the job. So, I’m excited. I’m beyond excited. But Mario Cristobal does not have Miami “back” with a 0-0 career record on the football field. Neither does John Ruiz or anyone else. And 1 game in September doesn’t tell the entire story either. But it sure tells a much bigger piece of it than anything else can in April.
Yeah I’ve said a bunch of times what I am really looking for this year is the “how”

We got fed the same lines every year for years and then we show up against Bama and get outclassed in every way possible

We’ve been so streaky and in dogfights every week because the team was just not prepared and not put in positions to win consistently

Our eyes will tell us a lot this fall even if the record or final stats say something different

Advertisement
Yeah I’ve said a bunch of times what I am really looking for this year is the “how”

We’ve been so streaky and in dogfights every week because the team was just not prepared and not put in positions to win consistently

Our eyes will tell us a lot this fall even if the record or final stats say something different

Yes, but we’ve been streaky and in dogfights against Virginia and NC State and Pitt. That’s mediocrity. That’s nowhere close to where we need to be. We need to be Alabama, we need to be Georgia. Those teams beat UVA and Pitt by 30 nine times outta 10.

I’m not saying I expect this in month 1 of year 1. That’s silly. But we have gotten blown off the field by basically anyone good for the last several years. We usually aren’t even competitive against anyone with a pulse. Read that sentence again. Not even competitive. You don’t go from that to “back” before you even play a football game.

But yes, the “how” is and will be important. Part of that is at least showing up in college station. Not being down 30 at the half would be a start.

View attachment 183764
giphy (2).gif

giphy (3).gif

Advertisement
Back