It's gameday....%@^ FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just gonna watch the whole ACC tourney from last year and pretend that didn't just happen.

We might end up 4-14 in conference but Coach L will get every ounce of talent from this team (and it ain't much.)

After the year we had last year. it's hard to see us fall but it was expected. WE knew that. Next year will be better. You just can't lose that many seniors and expect much unless your name is one and done NBA boot camp Kentucky.

Advertisement
Tough way to lose, but the team seemed to just run out of gas in the last few minutes. They play very hard, but the rotation is short because we don't have much depth. We also lack anyone resembling a #1 option, so when it comes to crunch time, we're going to struggle to score in almost every close game. We played well against a taller, better, more talented team, but winning close games is going to be difficult for this team. Next year, we'll have some of those guys who can create and get their own shot, and we'll be much better. For now, I'm just enjoying how hard this team plays and how much they scrap and claw to keep themselves in games.

Yeah, moral victories are what we will have to feast on this year. But as a Jaguars, Magic and Marlins fan, I've just about had it with moral victories.

Team just doesn't have enough, which we knew coming in. We lack 1-2 badly needed guys (Burnett, Rodrguez, McClellan) who would push this team over the top. We've faded at the end of games (VT, FSU, GW) because we don't have enough. We basically have a 7 man rotation, 8 if Swoope can be counted on. The fact that we're even in these games against NCAA teams (and I think FSU will be one) is all on Coach L.

It's a significant accomplishment that the team is playing this competitively and speaks volumes about the type of coach that we have in Coach L. It also speaks volumes about the guys on this team and how hard they are working to play for Coach L. Rion Brown was the 6th best player on last year's team and Garrius Adams would have been, at best, the 7th best player on last year's team, and those two guys are our primary scorers. We expected Jekiri to take the next step offensively, and he hasn't done that at this point. The level of Kirk's contribution has been a nice surprise, and Kelly has had some really great games. Manu is a 17 yr old that is really improving, but has been forced into playing more minutes that anyone would want.

After the early season losses and struggles, I thought we'd get blown out on a pretty regular basis in the ACC. The adjustments made by this staff and the improvement of this team so far have been really incredible. I look forward to watching this team scrap the rest of the season and look forward to the reinforcements we'll get next season. Go 'Canes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back