It's gameday....%@^ FSU

Advertisement
FSU is pretty good. They're 11-4, 2-1 and coming off a 24 point win over Maryland at home and a 15 point win over Clemson on the road. They have non conference wins at UCF by 12, over VCU by 18, and over UMass by 5. Their losses are to Florida by 1, Michigan by 2, Minnesota by 10 and UVA by 12.

Advertisement
FSU is pretty good. They're 11-4, 2-1 and coming off a 24 point win over Maryland at home and a 15 point win over Clemson on the road. They have non conference wins at UCF by 12, over VCU by 18, and over UMass by 5. Their losses are to Florida by 1, Michigan by 2, Minnesota by 10 and UVA by 12.

Yikes. I didn't realize that they were that good. Imagine if they had been successful in getting Wiggins.

The interesting thing about FSU is that they don't really have a star player (same as us). They have three players averaging between 12.4 and 13.9 PPG and their two leading scorers, Ian Miller and Aaron Thomas, have been coming off the bench the whole year. They're a pretty big team - they have two seven-footers who average around 30 minutes combined per game, and have no one in their rotation under 6'3", which is how they are one of the top shot blocking teams in the country. Like most Hamilton teams, they play a pretty stifling defense (26th in the country in PPG allowed and 8th in defensive rating).

They play a bit more uptempo and score a bit more than most Hamilton teams do, which isn't a surprise as they usually pretty poor in the halfcourt. They have 35 more turnovers on offense than assists (230 to 195 in 15 games). They shot a ridiculous 16 of 24 from 3 on Sunday against Maryland, which is part of the reason why they won by 24 points - if you take that game out, they're 31.1% from 3 rather than 35.2%, which is worse than us (32.4%). If we see a team that shoots that well, we're in a lot of trouble, but if we get the team that scored 50 and 56 points in each of the prior two games then we have a shot (12-point loss to Virginia and 15-point win over Clemson, meaning yes, Clemson scored 41 points at home and then beat Duke two days later).

I don't feel great about it, as they're bigger and likely play a better defense than us, but you never know - if we get into a slugfest with them, we can certainly come out on top, as we've seen.

Advertisement
Does anyone know of a way to watch other than espn3? I'm on dorm wifi and don't know the username and password, and I hate to even ask anyone on here for one...

Advertisement
Advertisement
15-11 at the under 8 timeout. We've given up like 50 offensive rebounds and are shooting like 5-20. FSU is shooting much better, but has approximately 30 turnovers.

Canes up 28-24 Kirk out of his mind and Manu playing well. Rion not really looking to score hit a big three late. FSU started out hot canes scrapped back.

Advertisement
Back