ITS GAMBLING TIME

@joeyhh owes us a Wet Bulb forecast--the timing of which has been a mystery no longer. I got bored and threw the 2021 seasonal post dates for JoeyHH forecasts in R along with kickoff times. On average, Joeyhh provides his forecast 1.583 days before kickoff. I threw those parameters into a normal and poisson distribution and computed the probabilities Joeyhh will post a "Gameday Weather" thread.

17.5% probability that thread would have been posted by 3:30pm today.
57.0% probability that thread will be posted by midnight tonight.
90.5% probability that thread will be posted by tomorrow 3:30pm.
99.2% probability that thread will be posted by midnight tomorrow night.

Do what you will with this information.

View attachment 206353
Can you explain what any of this means to us degenerates

Advertisement
@joeyhh owes us a Wet Bulb forecast--the timing of which has been a mystery no longer. I got bored and threw the 2021 seasonal post dates for JoeyHH forecasts in R along with kickoff times. On average, Joeyhh provides his forecast 1.583 days before kickoff. I threw those parameters into a normal and poisson distribution and computed the probabilities Joeyhh will post a "Gameday Weather" thread.

17.5% probability that thread would have been posted by 3:30pm today.
57.0% probability that thread will be posted by midnight tonight.
90.5% probability that thread will be posted by tomorrow 3:30pm.
99.2% probability that thread will be posted by midnight tomorrow night.

Do what you will with this information.
Dude I did well in statistics in college but I've never even heard of a Poisson distribution, you just blew my mind.

Purdue plus 3.5.
Love Purdue +3.5 at home. Their QB is a 5th yr SR that had a really good season last year, they finished strong. Really don't know much on Ped St.

WVU was really unpredictable last year, but seems like a lot of points for Pitt to give after losing some key players.

That's the extent of my analysis.

Advertisement
Can you explain what any of this means to us degenerates
Sure.

Assuming you are familiar with the zeal with which Joeyhh's creates Wet Bulb Gameday Weather threads, I simply wanted to calculate the likelihood of when we could expect to see his forecast thread.

From data, I was able to determine that we will have approximately a 57% chance of getting the wet bulb forecast sometime tonight before midnight. That number climbs quickly to 99.2% by tomorrow night midnight. Only one time did we have to wait until actual gameday to receive the forecast; when we hosted NCSU on October 23, 2021 and received it 8 hours prior to kickoff. All things held constant; I measure the probability of that occurring again anytime this year at 1.79%.

Sure.

Assuming you are familiar with the zeal with which Joeyhh's creates Wet Bulb Gameday Weather threads, I simply wanted to calculate the likelihood of when we could expect to see his forecast thread.

From data, I was able to determine that we will have approximately a 57% chance of getting the wet bulb forecast sometime tonight before midnight. That number climbs quickly to 99.2% by tomorrow night midnight. Only one time did we have to wait until actual gameday to receive the forecast; when we hosted NCSU on October 23, 2021 and received it 8 hours prior to kickoff. All things held constant; I measure the probability of that occurring again anytime this year at 1.79%.
Thanks. I'm not familiar with any of it but a quick google search told me wet bulb temp is the heat stress in sunlight. Thats the type of things I want to get into when I decide to take this gambling serious and really up my bet amounts

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** Penn State. **** Penn State. **** Penn State. That is all. Happy gambling boys.

Advertisement
Please keep this thread going..I'm up $500 on the bookie off of my first parlay last week.

Futures I’m on:

- Jaxon Smith Nijgba Over 1200.5 receiving yards (-120)
- Miami to win the Coastal (+150)
- Oregon St over 5.5 wins (-140, this soared to 6.5 so don’t play that)
- Houston to make the AAC Champ game (-135, they don’t have to play UCF or Cinci, huge advantage)
- Utah over 8.5 wins (-130)
- Kentucky Under 8 wins (-110)

Also cashing a special on Saturday I requested on Bovada back in November: Mario Cristobal to be the next head coach of the University of Miami (+350) 😁 but they won’t cash it until he is physically on the sidelines game one.

Week 1 Plays (some are completed but I dropped them in another thread):

- Penn St -3 (-135)
- Spencer Sanders over 250.5 yds passing (-125)
- Louisville -3 (-130)
- Michigan St -12.5 1H (-115)
- Houston -3 (-120)
- LSU -2.5 (-110), locked that in back in July

Will post some more / props when they start coming out. If anyone has any questions or curious as to the matchups, happy to discuss at length.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back