Its Big Game hunting season now

We are down to the last 8 spots. IMO its time to put the full pressure on these players

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
OT - Tristen Leigh/Savion Byrd/Marcus Tate
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

I really wish teams werent subjected to the 25 hard cap in a year like this.
Crap, I thought I was in Eye in the Sky thread about guns and expected pics of trophy game heads. I guess context matters. So we are still recruiting, good.

Advertisement
Auburn is where offensive skill players go to die. Hopefully this case is self evident by years end.
Exactly! Auburn is good for DL... I can't think of any offensive players who have ever blossomed in the NFL. I would negatively recruit the **** outta them. Like name one NFL all pro. Lol... Those guys flame out so quickly when they leave Auburn.

Ivins On Kinchens:

I'm not buying the Auburn smoke just yet after talking with someone close to Kinchens on Thursday. Kinchens has a close bond with Ephraim Banda and that relationship could very well end up being the difference.

On Williams:

Speaking of Banda, the assistant appears to be the primary reason why the Hurricanes made the "final two" for American Plantation five-star safety James Williams last week. Williams told me earlier this week that he views the folks in Coral Gables as "family" and has felt that way ever since he initially gave a verbal commitment to Miami the spring before his sophomore season while on campus at a Junior Day.

I still think that Georgia should be considered the leader and have no plans to move my 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast off the 'Dawgs' anytime soon, but think that things could get very interesting down the stretch if Manny Diaz is able to win a bunch of games in Year 2 as that would give Williams a reason to stay home. I'll add that Williams has indicated that he plans to take official visits to both UM and UGA (likely after his senior season) before announcing a decision close to or during the Early Signing Period.

Advertisement
Crazy that people like you don’t know that kids aren’t morons and “figured this out“ eons ago.

Kids and their families enjoy money. Lots of it.

Give it a rest.

Plenty of Miami players from strong teams have made MILLIONS in the NFL, which is a lot more than 100K for picking a particular college.

Yeah, you have to wait a couple of years to collect the money, I get it.

Advertisement
Give it a rest.

Plenty of Miami players from strong teams have made MILLIONS in the NFL, which is a lot more than 100K for picking a particular college.

Yeah, you have to wait a couple of years to collect the money, I get it.

Spoken perfectly by someone who has never struggled for anything. This is downright comical. Truly as clueless as it gets. Which is pretty ironic coming from the token member of the board who loves to thump his chest about how smart he is. Totally blind.

Spoken perfectly by someone who has never struggled for anything. This is downright comical. Truly as clueless as it gets. Which is pretty ironic coming from the token member of the board who loves to thump his chest about how smart he is. Totally blind.

Holy ****e, what a load of garbage. "Never struggled for anything"? Try again. I grew up near Eatonville and Pine Hills (Crime Hills) in Orlando, ask caneinorlando how great those areas were a few decades ago (or even now). I can't even count the number of times that we had one or more of our utilities turned off because my dad couldn't pay the bills. I started working when I was 13 in order to buy my own school clothes. I had to find a job I could ride my bike to, and I bought my first car (for $200) after my first year at UM (fortunately, my roommate was my best friend from HS and he had a car).

The "token" member of the board who loves to thump his chest about how smart he is? Hilarious. There are plenty of people who do the same. But, yes, I am smart, and that's the only thing that saved my life. When I was in high school and considering UM, I was working for minimum wage but I started filing my own tax returns so that when I applied for financial aid I could get 100% financial assistance, since my parents couldn't provide even the meager amount that any college expected as a "family contribution". My first two years at UM, I worked a crappy work-study job for the Housing department, driving around on that truck (with "Cardona", that skinny Cuban dude) delivering refrigerators and stoves and beds and sofas to all of the people living in the Apartment area.

You have no idea. "Never struggled for anything". Go fvck yourself.

Holy ****e, what a load of garbage. "Never struggled for anything"? Try again. I grew up near Eatonville and Pine Hills (Crime Hills) in Orlando, ask caneinorlando how great those areas were a few decades ago (or even now). I can't even count the number of times that we had one or more of our utilities turned off because my dad couldn't pay the bills. I started working when I was 13 in order to buy my own school clothes. I had to find a job I could ride my bike to, and I bought my first car (for $200) after my first year at UM (fortunately, my roommate was my best friend from HS and he had a car).

The "token" member of the board who loves to thump his chest about how smart he is? Hilarious. There are plenty of people who do the same. But, yes, I am smart, and that's the only thing that saved my life. When I was in high school and considering UM, I was working for minimum wage but I started filing my own tax returns so that when I applied for financial aid I could get 100% financial assistance, since my parents couldn't provide even the meager amount that any college expected as a "family contribution". My first two years at UM, I worked a crappy work-study job for the Housing department, driving around on that truck (with "Cardona", that skinny Cuban dude) delivering refrigerators and stoves and beds and sofas to all of the people living in the Apartment area.

You have no idea. "Never struggled for anything". Go fvck yourself.

Cool story. And I’ll bet if someone offered you a couple hundred grand when you were 17 years old, plus jobs/housing for your family members, you’d have said “well yeah, that’d change the entire trajectory of my life and that of the people around me, but no thanks. I’m gonna go to Miami and hope I can make millions in a few years.”

Fvck. Outta. Here. You don’t know **** about a struggle and having ADULTS MANIPULATE YOU for their own personal gain.

If any of that is true, then genuinely good for you. Not many in that situation would have done the same. But it doesn’t change a singular thing about what I said. And if you don’t believe me, just look at the current landscape. The evidence is all there. The kids are leaving home, in droves. For money. And who the **** could blame them? When you don’t have a pot to **** in, you don’t turn down life changing money. No matter how much you think someone should. And you’d have done the same **** thing like 99.9% of us would.

Advertisement
Cool story. And I’ll bet if someone offered you a couple hundred grand when you were 17 years old, plus jobs/housing for your family members, you’d have said “well yeah, that’d change the entire trajectory of my life and that of the people around me, but no thanks. I’m gonna go to Miami and hope I can make millions in a few years.”

Fvck. Outta. Here. You don’t know **** about a struggle and having ADULTS MANIPULATE YOU for their own personal gain.

If any of that is true, then genuinely good for you. Not many in that situation would have done the same. But it doesn’t change a singular thing about what I said. And if you don’t believe me, just look at the current landscape. The evidence is all there. The kids are leaving home, in droves. For money. And who the **** could blame them? When you don’t have a pot to **** in, you don’t turn down life changing money. No matter how much you think someone should. And you’d have done the same **** thing like 99.9% of us would.

Cut the crap, you child.

Almost nobody is offered "a couple hundred grand" until just recently in history. There are a few kids who have been able to draw that amount of money, and a lot who have taken a lot less. That's like trying to use Lebron James or Kobe Bryant to justify every good HS basketball player skipping college. Just stop it.

Go back to the original post that I commented on, you jackhole. It was talking about multiple SoFla kids wanting to play on a team together. And don't act like all of those kids are getting "a couple hundred grand plus jobs/housing for family members". That's a load of crap and you know it.

What I was referring to, and what is incontrovertible by people such as yourself, is that many, many kids who played for great schools, such as Miami in the day, or Alabama/Ohio Taint/Clemson more recently, can benefit from playing on great teams. In all honesty, not every first-round pick out of Miami was probably "first round caliber", but they benefited from playing on a dominant team. That's why you'll always see first-round busts coming out of Alabama and Ohio Taint and Clemson. A lot of those kids get a "halo effect" since they play on teams that destroy all the competition.

Meanwhile, Miami players haven't been drafted "as high" for over a decade, yet we still have one of the highest numbers of NFL players. But because Miami isn't winning 10 or 12 games every year, these players suffer from the opposite of the halo effect.

You, of course, are too into "making assumptions" about what people said and what people's life stories are to understand nuance. I am talking about kids impacting their futures by teaming up to play for a good university (Miami), where they will get a good education, and where (if they win a bunch of games) they will be set up to be drafted higher (than maybe they deserve) and will have a good education that will allow them to earn money for the rest of their lifetimes. The combination of NFL money and lifetime money can easily dwarf the "couple hundred grand" that is thrown at them illegally to induce them to sign LOIs.

To act as if I don't have compassion or understanding for these kids is YOUR projection. You can go back and read everything I've ever posted, I have ALWAYS advocated for more benefits to be provided to athletes, I have ALWAYS supported more family assistance (particularly for children of players), I have ALWAYS said that these kids should have post-graduation benefits related to royalties from the sale of jerseys and video games.

Do I support tax fraud in the form of cash payments to "father figures" and others who steer these kids to sign LOIs at various schools? No, I do not.

But this sad-story nonsense that some people use to justify a few hundred kids taking money to sign with the top football programs DOES NOT FIX the lives of the hundreds of thousands of people who are poverty-stricken, but have less athletic talent.

I agree that the system sucks. I would like to see a "Defund the NCAA" movement. But I'm not going to sit here and advocate a "get yours" system where a handful of kids take illegal benefits just to get revenge against an imperfect system.

Fix the system for everyone, not just the kids who can run the fastest or lift the most weight (and, of course, their "father figures").

Advertisement
Cut the crap, you child.

Almost nobody is offered "a couple hundred grand" until just recently in history. There are a few kids who have been able to draw that amount of money, and a lot who have taken a lot less. That's like trying to use Lebron James or Kobe Bryant to justify every good HS basketball player skipping college. Just stop it.

Go back to the original post that I commented on, you jackhole. It was talking about multiple SoFla kids wanting to play on a team together. And don't act like all of those kids are getting "a couple hundred grand plus jobs/housing for family members". That's a load of crap and you know it.

What I was referring to, and what is incontrovertible by people such as yourself, is that many, many kids who played for great schools, such as Miami in the day, or Alabama/Ohio Taint/Clemson more recently, can benefit from playing on great teams. In all honesty, not every first-round pick out of Miami was probably "first round caliber", but they benefited from playing on a dominant team. That's why you'll always see first-round busts coming out of Alabama and Ohio Taint and Clemson. A lot of those kids get a "halo effect" since they play on teams that destroy all the competition.

Meanwhile, Miami players haven't been drafted "as high" for over a decade, yet we still have one of the highest numbers of NFL players. But because Miami isn't winning 10 or 12 games every year, these players suffer from the opposite of the halo effect.

You, of course, are too into "making assumptions" about what people said and what people's life stories are to understand nuance. I am talking about kids impacting their futures by teaming up to play for a good university (Miami), where they will get a good education, and where (if they win a bunch of games) they will be set up to be drafted higher (than maybe they deserve) and will have a good education that will allow them to earn money for the rest of their lifetimes. The combination of NFL money and lifetime money can easily dwarf the "couple hundred grand" that is thrown at them illegally to induce them to sign LOIs.

To act as if I don't have compassion or understanding for these kids is YOUR projection. You can go back and read everything I've ever posted, I have ALWAYS advocated for more benefits to be provided to athletes, I have ALWAYS supported more family assistance (particularly for children of players), I have ALWAYS said that these kids should have post-graduation benefits related to royalties from the sale of jerseys and video games.

Do I support tax fraud in the form of cash payments to "father figures" and others who steer these kids to sign LOIs at various schools? No, I do not.

But this sad-story nonsense that some people use to justify a few hundred kids taking money to sign with the top football programs DOES NOT FIX the lives of the hundreds of thousands of people who are poverty-stricken, but have less athletic talent.

I agree that the system sucks. I would like to see a "Defund the NCAA" movement. But I'm not going to sit here and advocate a "get yours" system where a handful of kids take illegal benefits just to get revenge against an imperfect system.

Fix the system for everyone, not just the kids who can run the fastest or lift the most weight (and, of course, their "father figures").

I envy your naivety. And your adderall tolerance.

Chase smith needs to be in this class..if Yul and Brashard won’t in we can miss it n Amari
This is a no brainer!! Assuming B Smith and Brown are in then you Upgrade the Roster w/ Chase Smith who’s a dual position star and one of the better athlete’s in Florida. I think Chase Smith’s a take no matter the scenario. If for some reason Hickson and Likens miss on either of the aforementioned offensive targets then they’ll need to make room for Daniels with someone else.

So would you rather have 3 DTs or upgrade at WR by taking 4? 2 DTs and 4WRs
If they're the right tackle definitely. It's easier to get WRs than DTs. Our problem has not been getting WRs but how we use them. Now we have a roster full of question marks even though they may have the skills.

Last edited:
Its still early, and i have this feeling every year around this time lol, but i think a lot of big time players are going to want in. There is no way in **** Manny can mess up this season. The recruiting classes that we have putting together after lookimg like **** on the field have been impressive. Now add the wins and the NIL and look out!

Never say no way.

do-or-do-not-there-is-no-jinx.jpg

We said the same thing last year

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back