Its Big Game hunting season now

So would you rather have 3 DTs or upgrade at WR by taking 4? 2 DTs and 4WRs
If we take 4 WR’s and one of them is Smith who can play some RB in a pinch, why the need to take Amari? Especially considering spots are most likely going to be in short supply and we probably look to take two RB’s in 2022 when the RB class is much deeper in FL. And if in the end, spots are not in short supply or hot demand, then that most likely means we had another rough year on the field. We can then assume the class will probably be in chaos anyways along with coaching changes on the horizon at that point...

Advertisement
You don’t remember the bad old days under late Shannon and all of Al Golden. I am for dropping a DT if he isn’t Cane material. But I also think 3 DTs isn’t too much given how many fail to pan out.

Maybe the kids who were redshirted last year emerge as killers and we don’t need to load up so much. But we can’t go back to getting gutted up the middle with no pressure on passing downs.
We were dominant when Miami had a disruptive DL like Sapp, Brown, Wilfork, Willis, etc. Got to go all in on Taylor.

Tyler Johnson is not going to be dropped. I don’t care what the industry ranks him he is a big time linebacker prospect.
I’m down! Just wondering how we make it work for prospects like Chase Smith if other positions fill up fast.

Hope all the kids feel the same pressure as us! Ha!

Advertisement
I think we find a way to sign more than 25 and count a few kids forward to the 22’ class. Too much talent to pass on this cycle.

Its still early, and i have this feeling every year around this time lol, but i think a lot of big time players are going to want in. There is no way in **** Manny can mess up this season. The recruiting classes that we have putting together after lookimg like **** on the field have been impressive. Now add the wins and the NIL and look out!

Well then administration needs to develop a process that makes it financially feasible to recruits.

Look, while UM's ability to offer need-based financial aid to all incoming freshmen is helpful, it won't necessarily be a way to get an extra 4-star in the recruiting class.

Think about this...there is a lot of ego involved...a kid would have to bypass his entire National Signing Day routine (as a blueshirt cannot sign an LOI or FAA), skip the official recruiting visit, skip the in-home...

Yeah, this isn't going to help us sign a bigger class. It might give us an unusual way to get one extra guy occasionally, a guy who is not highly-recruited and a guy who can handle not getting the usual perks of recruiting...

But people need to stop saying "blueshirt" every time they want to exceed the annual 25 IC limit.

Bingo. If anyone gets dropped unfortunately it'll have to be one of our DTs. If we land Taylor we cannot afford to tie up 3 spots at DT. We need that spot at CB for M Brown. And we're still 1 over if JWill or Walker counted for the '21 class.

Jarrid Williams did, Issiah Walker could not.

Look, while UM's ability to offer need-based financial aid to all incoming freshmen is helpful, it won't necessarily be a way to get an extra 4-star in the recruiting class.

Think about this...there is a lot of ego involved...a kid would have to bypass his entire National Signing Day routine (as a blueshirt cannot sign an LOI or FAA), skip the official recruiting visit, skip the in-home...

Yeah, this isn't going to help us sign a bigger class. It might give us an unusual way to get one extra guy occasionally, a guy who is not highly-recruited and a guy who can handle not getting the usual perks of recruiting...

But people need to stop saying "blueshirt" every time they want to exceed the annual 25 IC limit.
How are colleges able to sign 27 28 29 players in one cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too much ‘22 talent to lose more IC’s I think. We’ll just have to make due with what we can collectively get for the ‘21 cycle. Unless we manage to blueshirt some additional players?

Last cycle Penn State had 27, Maryland had 27, Auburn had 26, Texas AM had 26.

Check the classes before that. They had room to count players back (early enrollees can count towards the previous class if it wasn't full). We do don't. And won't until we next undersign a class.

Advertisement

Ok mate that makes complete sense. I think folks are just trying to find a way to gather additional talent given our restrictions. And not PWO wise either.

Check the classes before that. They had room to count players back (early enrollees can count towards the previous class if it wasn't full). We do don't. And won't until we next undersign a class.
Omg thats exactly why I was saying can we count some of these kids forward to the 22 cycle and take a bigger 21 class.

Omg thats exactly why I was saying can we count some of these kids forward to the 22 cycle and take a bigger 21 class.

No. It is exactly what you are not saying. Counting back (to a class of less than 25) is possible. Counting forward is not.

The classes you mentioned followed less than full ones. Our 21 class will follow a full class.

Advertisement
Back