Its Big Game hunting season now

Taylor, Williams, Marshall, Collier, any of the elite OTs have a spot if they want one.

Other than that:
1 QB. Hopefully Garcia
1 OL
WR Smith
WR Brown
DE ishmael
DE from Georgia
1 CB
Kinchens
Collier ain’t that good man. Taylor Williams Marshall it an elite OT are in if they want. Collier doesn’t break up the class like that ya know. Now if he commits right now and vows to shut it down. Then yes you accept his commitment AS A SAFETY.

Advertisement
QB- don't really care who it is, I trust lashlee
WR- Brashard Smith
CB- Markevious Brown
DE-Thomas Davis
DT- Leonard Taylor
S- Kinchens
ATH- Chase Smith, personally I think he can play LB and if T Johnson cant stay out of trouble, I would be replace him for Smith and bring in Dink Jackson as a striker. And with this you still have room for an elite OT.
OT- I think this spot should be open for an elite prospect.

Last edited:
You can’t drop jaquans brother. Kids got the dog in him

i love Jaquan, and i HATE dropping kids that been with us from the start, but i just dont see it with Tyler. I dont know what his numbers are, but i just dont see the speed to play LB on tape. Hope he proves me wrong

Advertisement
Advertisement
You take chase smith over amari daniels
I agree with this, as far as player upside, but does it make sense from a roster building standpoint. We cannot afford to go into 2021 with 3 scholly RBs if Cam declares and Burns transfers. Kids want to play so if Burns doesn't win the backup job this year he's gone after the bowl game.

For that reason, we probably have to take Amari. Now I'd like 4 WRs but if we had to take less between RB and WR it'd be WR, and even that would hurt (possibility of Wiggins and Pope declaring, plus Harley grad).

I tell you, I think I'd move Hammett to DE as the lone DE in the class, and take Chase Smith. That way we keep stacking our offensive chips and take 2 RB and 4 WR.

Tyler Johnson is not going to be dropped. I don’t care what the industry ranks him he is a big time linebacker prospect.
Bingo. If anyone gets dropped unfortunately it'll have to be one of our DTs. If we land Taylor we cannot afford to tie up 3 spots at DT. We need that spot at CB for M Brown. And we're still 1 over if JWill or Walker counted for the '21 class.

Curtis is the only kid in the class that I can see being dropped
So we taking 3 DTs over depth/talent needs at RB/WR/CB?

I don't want to see any of our kids dropped but, wish they could all be Canes, however it just can't always work out that way

Advertisement
You put a timeline in a guy like Daniels. Only offense sports should be reserved for 1 Qb and 1 WR.

The remaining spots after that need to be all Defense.
We need offensive skill talent upgrades more than we need upgrades on DEF. As much as our Canes familia has groaned about our DEF, I'm almost certain we've ranked in the Top 30 on DEF every year that Coach Diaz has been there. Can we rank just in the top 40 on offense? If so, we'll be in great shape

So we taking 3 DTs over depth/talent needs at RB/WR/CB?

I don't want to see any of our kids dropped but, wish they could all be Canes, however it just can't always work out that way

You don’t remember the bad old days under late Shannon and all of Al Golden. I am for dropping a DT if he isn’t Cane material. But I also think 3 DTs isn’t too much given how many fail to pan out.

Maybe the kids who were redshirted last year emerge as killers and we don’t need to load up so much. But we can’t go back to getting gutted up the middle with no pressure on passing downs.

You don’t remember the bad old days under late Shannon and all of Al Golden. I am for dropping a DT if he isn’t Cane material. But I also think 3 DTs isn’t too much given how many fail to pan out.

Maybe the kids who were redshirted last year emerge as killers and we don’t need to load up so much. But we can’t go back to getting gutted up the middle with no pressure on passing downs.
Yeah I agree with this right here. With that said, I think a deciding factor in determining how many DT’s we take in 2021 could very well be based on where Q. Williams and Roberts from the 2020 class end up position-wise.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think we have a clear idea on what position those boys ultimately end up playing. Can anybody with knowledge shed any light on that?

Advertisement
I just went back and watched both Brown's, Daniels', Alexis' and B Smith's highlights, and I've revised my opinion. I agree with Southside that the best combo would be taking Daniels as the second RB and Smith as the third WR. They both bring great combinations of speed and power. I stopped counting at how many tackles they broke through.

I don't think we need a 4th WR. I think we use that spot for another DB.
So would you rather have 3 DTs or upgrade at WR by taking 4? 2 DTs and 4WRs

He hasn't redeemed himself already? The kid undeniably matured this past season, won multiple big games while at UM, and he'll be the most talented and experienced QB on the roster heading into the game with Bama.

Sure, they can give TVD a shot to win the spot but do I expect to actually win it? No, I don't.
I give you that he had his moments last year. But, he's too inconsistent.

Advertisement
Back