Its Big Game hunting season now

Or they’ll limit grad transfers to counting against the 85 total cap but not against the 25 per class. Or both. It may be impossible not to take Garcia if he wants to flip. But since that’s not on the table today, no need to rush into a HS QB any time soon if at all.
Yep, if king and the offense does what we hope, I don’t think we will be worrying about QB recruiting

Advertisement
And one may not be a QB.

Let’s face it, after King, that QB room is a complete black hole. No one knows what will come out the other side once Lashlee gets a loom at them and some time to try and develop them.

Well, maybe Matocha can do what Slovis did and be a 3 star who steals the show from the 4/5 star QBs. I'm rooting for him.

Is it possible to count some of the 21 cycle forward to the 22 cycle? So that we have a large 21 class but a smaller 22 class. We currently have 17 commits but we need 10 more spots.

Advertisement
We are down to the last 8 spots. IMO its time to put the full pressure on these players

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
OT - Tristen Leigh/Savion Byrd/Marcus Tate
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

I really wish teams werent subjected to the 25 hard cap in a year like this.
We need CBs

We are down to the last 8 spots. IMO its time to put the full pressure on these players

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

We need to have more than one DB on this list...

Advertisement

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

so no DE Ishmael? No 3rd Corner?

More realistic if you drop either Brown or Smith and those OTs.

Probably will only sign 2 DTs and add Chase Smith

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

gotta have another CB and personally, I dont take another RB (take a guy like Brashard as an ATH and he could be another RB option, but I dont use a full RB spot on Daniels.

1 QB spot (Garcia or Milroe)
1 WR spot (Jaden Alexis)
1 more OT
2 DL spots (Ishamel and Thomas Davis) and of course you find a freaking way to make room for Taylor if he wants in
1 CB spot (Markevious Brown or Duce Chestnut)
1 S spot (Kam Kitchens)
2 ATH spots (Chase Smith, Yulkeith Brown or Brashard Smith)

Possible drop of Malik Curtis and Allan Haye if bigger fish want to come aboard.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Awesome discussion. I agree with the camp that feels we need another corner but in my opinion we absolutely need another running back in this class.

If we are down to 8 spots, you have Kitchens, Ishmael, and Davis, a corner, QB, Running back, leaves 2. The 25 cap this year with the success we should have on the field does stink. Those two spots make me think we will only take two DTs and you figure out a way to get Taylor in if he wants in. I would love Chase Smith in this class. But i’m at a loss on what to do with those two ships left if things break out the way everyone here thinks they will.

Advertisement
Nooooo! Can't take that chance unless he can totally redeem himself in the coming year.
He hasn't redeemed himself already? The kid undeniably matured this past season, won multiple big games while at UM, and he'll be the most talented and experienced QB on the roster heading into the game with Bama.

Sure, they can give TVD a shot to win the spot but do I expect to actually win it? No, I don't.

QB - Jake Garcia
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
WR - Yulkeith Brown
DL - Leonard Taylor
DL - Thomas Davis
DB - Kam Kitchens

any cat named southside anything is cool with me homie

Taylor, Williams, Marshall, Collier, any of the elite OTs have a spot if they want one.

Other than that:
1 QB. Hopefully Garcia
1 OL
WR Smith
WR Brown
DE ishmael
DE from Georgia
1 CB
Kinchens

Advertisement
Back