It's been 60 days since Miami was embarrassed by Pitt...

### UM athletic director Blake James disputes any notion that Al Golden kept his job because of a large buyout (which is a substantial portion of the $10 million-plus left on his contract).

“Al is here because we believe in him as a coach,” said James, who remains in pursuit of a neutral site football game with UF (possibly in Orlando).

A UM trustee involved in athletics said the buyout is substantially lower after next season.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

tumblr_n3x5q7yziv1rcqq8co1_500.gif

Advertisement
Been on a cruise for a week. Aside from having to sit at card table with an OSU fan sometimes, it was wonderful until I returned home t0 find this thread still continues. I had hope it had been replaced with "It's been ... days since Golden left." Sad, sad, sad.

Advertisement
respect for you jedi

I'd follow you into **** if that's where the war is, you're a warrior

Advertisement
Been over on recruiting board and had to come back over here for reality dose. Al is still frigging HC so nothing matters. It is strange how great the 2016 class is. Maybe those kids expect him gone and hope for real coach.

Advertisement
Been over on recruiting board and had to come back over here for reality dose. Al is still frigging HC so nothing matters. It is strange how great the 2016 class is. Maybe those kids expect him gone and hope for real coach.
I bet my lifes salary that the class won't be #1 on NSD 2016.

I bet my lifes salary that the class won't be #1 on NSD 2016.

#1 or #101 I don't care. As long as track suit guy isn't the head coach, the future will look bright.

Golden has already proven that he can't win with good recruits. ESPN said the other day that both TCU and Baylor have never had a top 20 recruiting class. Imagine what those coaches could do with the recruits Al has gotten since he got here?

Advertisement
I totally want Golden gone but I guess I'm confused on why this thread is still a thing? I thought the whole point was to do this until we knew if he was being retained or fired....and since we know he is here now I don't see the point anymore.

Advertisement
Back