Its almost time.

GoCanes!!

Recruit
Banned
Ok Canes fans we are less than a month away and I was talking to a buddy about this today so I wanted to get the fans take on this season and the confidence meter for each game.

Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 9
@Texas A&M- 4
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 7
@VT- 7
Duke- 8
@Virginia- 8
FSU- 6
@Georgia Tech- 7
@Clemson- 3
Pittsburgh- 6

With that said I believe we will go 9-3 this year and 6-2 in the ACC which should get us to Charlotte. I think this staff makes a difference on the small things that have got us these past few seasons with all the mental mistakes and missed tackles. So if we sure those little things up and have a great season 10-2 is definitely a possibility..

WE NEED TO PACK THE ROCK!!

Advertisement
Ok Canes fans we are less than a month away and I was talking to a buddy about this today so I wanted to get the fans take on this season and the confidence meter for each game.

Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 9
@Texas A&M- 4
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 7
@VT- 7
Duke- 8
@Virginia- 8
FSU- 6
@Georgia Tech- 7
@Clemson- 3
Pittsburgh- 6

With that said I believe we will go 9-3 this year and 6-2 in the ACC which should get us to Charlotte. I think this staff makes a difference on the small things that have got us these past few seasons with all the mental mistakes and missed tackles. So if we sure those little things up and have a great season 10-2 is definitely a possibility..

I’m going for:
Bethune cookman - 10
Southern miss - 10
A&M - 3.75
Middle Tenn - 10
UNC - 7.5
VTech - 8
Duke - 8.5
UVA - 8
FSU - 8.25
GTech - 9
Clemson - 3.5
PITT - 6.5

This is based on what should be a significant talent/coaching advantage for almost every matchup. Us losing any games outside of A&M and Clemson would be more about us beating ourselves rather than any of the teams out scheming us or out talenting us.

10 GIF

Advertisement
Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 9
@Texas A&M- 3.5
Middle Tennessee- 9.5
UNC- 6.5
@VT- 6
Duke- 8
@Virginia- 6.5
FSU- 7
@Georgia Tech- 7
@Clemson- 2
Pittsburgh- 6.5

Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 9
@Texas A&M- 3.5
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 5
@VT- 6
Duke- 8
@Virginia- 5
FSU- 5
@Georgia Tech- 7
@Clemson- 2
Pittsburgh- 5

Advertisement
Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 10
A&M- 3
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 8
@VT- 8
Duke- 9
@Virginia- 8
FSU- 8
@Georgia Tech- 8
@Clemson- 6
Pittsburgh- 6

Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 9
@Texas A&M- 4
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 7
@VT- 7
Duke- 8
@Virginia- 8
FSU- 6
@Georgia Tech- 7
@Clemson- 3
Pittsburgh- 6

Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 10

@Texas A&M- 8 - Their new DC is trash AF against the run, which is our bread and butter

Middle Tennessee- 10

UNC - 8 - revenge tour, it’s could get ugly FAST with a new QB early in the season

@VT- 10 - Mario is gonna shut their new head coach up - he runs his mouth about Miami ALOT - somewhat personal here

Duke - 10 - MANNY DIAZ is 2-0 with a 42.5 point differential over the last 2. LOL.

@Virginia - 5 - this will be the game to watch for a slip - Virginia is GOOOOD - Armstrong is the second best qb in the ACC behind TVD

FSU - 1000 - Rivalry but - NOPE

@Georgia Tech- 10

@Clemson - 5 - Healthiest team wins - also **** BLAKE JAMES FOR NOT SCHEDULING A HOME AND HOME

Pittsburgh - 8 - 8-2 vs PITT since ACC - they don’t have nearly as much juice this season IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bethune- 10
Southern Miss- 10
@Texas A&M- 5.5
Middle Tennessee- 10
UNC- 7
@VT- 7.5
Duke- 10
@Virginia- 7
FSU- 8
@Georgia Tech- 8.5
@Clemson- 4.5
Pittsburgh- 8.5

Last edited:
Bethune cookman - 10
Southern miss - 10
@A&M - 4
Middle Tenn - 10
UNC - 7
@VTech - 8
Duke - 9
@UVA - 7
FSU - 9
@GTech - 9
@Clemson - 3
PITT - 6

A lot of offensive talent left the coastal, that and an improved defense should allow our offense to be a big advantage.

Advertisement
Tempering expectations about the season overall...

I never once said people should be worried or shaking in their boots about FSU.

They’re a sub .500 team with a really bad roster & a horrendous QB coached by Norvell & play them at Hard Rock.

I know people ain’t spend all off-season brow-beating me to Death about Mario being the second coming to Saban himself to start getting doubtful about FSU of all teams...

I expect tough games @ Va Tech, @UVA, @Clemson etc.. but Home vs FSU??? Nahhhh
Haha. I’m just fooling. Was just funny coming from you. No way in **** Mario loses his 1st FSU game. That is one on the schedule I am confident with. I usually play it a little closer to the vest with rivalry games, but not this one in this specific year with these 2 rosters.

I’m very confident with VaTech as well tbh. For me it’s NC, VA, ATM, Clemson that I’m seeing as the biggest battles.

Haha. I’m just fooling. Was just funny coming from you. No way in **** Mario loses his 1st FSU game. That is one on the schedule I am confident with. I usually play it a little closer to the vest with rivalry games, but not this one in this specific year with these 2 rosters.

I’m very confident with VaTech as well tbh. For me it’s NC, VA, ATM, Clemson that I’m seeing as the biggest battles.
The UNC game will be contingent upon who they pick as their QB.

If it’s Drake Maye we might be in for a dog fight in that one because he’s a big arm QB & they have the best retuning WR in the ACC & their pass rush is actually set to be good this season because they’ve recruited very well at DL over the last couple classes. Desmond Evans has potential to break out, he looked like a premier pass rusher in their Spring Game.

Va Tech because it’s a road game & because they got a good QB out of the portal in Grant Wells from Marshall & their WR corps is good as well. The caveat to that game is what kind of offense that Brent Pry/Tyler Bowen will run. Tyler Bowen is a Joe Moorehead disciple like Gattis, so they may end up being a run heavy team which can neutralize their passing threat, but otherwise that’s a game that comes down to lots of other variables like health & momentum due to the time of the season when we play them.

The Pitt game to finish the season may be a tougher than most will expect.

Obviously, losing Kenny Pickett & Jordan Addison is huge but Kedon Slovis is more than serviceable & they still picked up 2 very good productive WR’s with speed out the Portal in Konata Mumpfield & Jerrod Means to go with Jayden Wayne who was already on the team retuning from last year.

It comes down to philosophically how aggressive Frank Cignetti Jr will be & whether or not he incorporates any of the concepts they had from their last year’s lethal passing attack into this year’s offense.

The UNC game will be contingent upon who they pick as their QB.

If it’s Drake Maye we might be in for a dog fight in that one because he’s a big arm QB & they have the best retuning WR in the ACC & their pass rush is actually set to be good this season because they’ve recruited very well at DL over the last couple classes. Desmond Evans has potential to break out, he looked like a premier pass rusher in their Spring Game.

Va Tech because it’s a road game & because they got a good QB out of the portal in Grant Wells from Marshall & their WR corps is good as well. The caveat to that game is what kind of offense that Brent Pry/Tyler Bowen will run. Tyler Bowen is a Joe Moorehead disciple like Gattis, so they may end up being a run heavy team which can neutralize their passing threat, but otherwise that’s a game that comes down to lots of other variables like health & momentum due to the time of the season when we play them.

The Pitt game to finish the season may be a tougher than most will expect.

Obviously, losing Kenny Pickett & Jordan Addison is huge but Kedon Slovis is more than serviceable & they still picked up 2 very good productive WR’s with speed out the Portal in Konata Mumpfield & Jerrod Means to go with Jayden Wayne who was already on the team retuning from last year.

It comes down to philosophically how aggressive Frank Cignetti Jr will be & whether or not he incorporates any of the concepts they had from their last year’s lethal passing attack into this year’s offense.
NC has definitely recruited well on the DL. It may not be Clemson/ATM level but it’s a very good group. I’m also like Dre Bly and he coaches his unit well.

Health is going to be one of the biggest factors all year. We’ve plugged some holes but we need 2 classes and 2 portal seasons at least before we have the depth to sustain real injuries on most units.

VaTech…I hear you. Blacksburg isn’t a walk in the park. I just think the talent gap is too big there and combined with better coaching/TVD big game, I’m not as worried.

Pitt is the one I’m not sure on. I just don’t know much about what they are coming with this year after losing Pickett and Addison.

At the end of the day will will get to a place where we beat the teams we should beat and fight tough the teams we are underdogs against. But this is Year 1. I just wouldn’t be shocked if we trip up against a team I have penciled in a W.

This team needs to find their identity. That doesn’t typically happen in the 1st part of the season with a new regime. We also have a lot of new faces. Both on the field and in the locker room that can take some time to come together. We’ve been significantly lacking player leadership. I want to see some players step up. Diaz ain’t on the sidelines anymore so I’m not using that as an excuse anymore. Leadership starts at the top…and we have that box checked now. I want player leadership. We are also installing a whole new playbook…on both sides of the ball.

All said, I expect to throttle some teams and to look a little off timing in some other games.

Advertisement
Back