It's almost impossible to find...

View as article
Advertisement
..any evidence that Miami is a well-coached team. I tried my best. This team doesn’t make good decisions. They rank 127th in turnovers. The team isn’t disciplined. They rank 93rd in penalties. The scheme is broken. The scoring offense dropped from 30.9 ppg to 22.5 ppg (94th in nation) with largely the same personnel. The team doesn’t play smart. They rank 118th in passing efficiency defense because the DBs make so many mental busts.

The conditioning doesn’t show up. Small teams bully Miami in the fourth quarter. The sports science isn’t working. The program has never had more injuries. To top it off, the team lacks physicality and can’t tackle. Nothing on film matches the identity we wanted.

The truth is this team has looked bad in every game against an FBS opponent. And the lows keep getting lower. Duke was one of the worst rosters I’ve ever seen last year. Now, they’re lining up in victory formation in the redzone so they don’t run up the score to 50. I want to say this is rock bottom, but I thought that happened a month ago.

The comparison for Mario has always been Butch. He won’t elevate a bad roster, but he can build a roster and instill discipline over time. We see that with Oregon’s continued success. But one difference with Butch is that he was able to find Hall of Famers in the bargain bin. The recruiting landscape has changed. Cristobal succeeds by winning big-time battles, and it’s hard to win big-time battles when you look this bad on the field. The playing time sales job only works for a year. The locals are already immune to the BS. He needs to triage this season and keep the class strong if we have any chance.

Some specifics:

- The first, most obvious issue is the scoring offense. Miami averaged 22.6 ppg with Enos. It immediately jumped to 35.5 ppg in the Lashlee era. Now it’s back to 22.5 ppg, with better players than Enos had. It's a simple story to tell. We aren't explosive anymore and we live from down to down. Have you ever seen this many fourth down attempts?

- I don’t think Mario will be stubborn schematically when it comes to making changes. He has no personal scheme and, for all the talk about him being hard-headed about the run game, this is actually one of the most pass-dominant teams in the nation. They rank 117th in rushing percentage and throw it 58% of the time. It’s just a bad passing offense. The concern with Cristobal is whether he will pick the right guy or just go after the shiniest name.

- And this is not to scapegoat Gattis. There are a lot of problems on a lot of desks. Nobody talks about Ponce, but he is the QB coach and is accountable for a lot of the regression at that position. They need to get it fixed before this season goes from bad to historic.

- The most important news right now is Tyler Van Dyke’s health. He's one of the few players with an NFL future on this roster and he’s been playing like his old self. On the flip side, Jake Garcia looked as bad as I’ve ever seen him in any game or scrimmage. Some of that was protection and jitters, but he didn’t look prepared. Hopefully, it’s just a bad game under duress. I have no idea who is working hard in that room, but if TVD is out for an extended period and Jacurri Brown is preparing with more urgency, I wouldn’t hesitate throwing him out there. The offense isn’t explosive to begin with. Brown at least gives you a better running game with the opportunity for big plays on the ground and in the air against stacked boxes.

- Colbie Young is an impact player. One comparison I heard internally was Demaryius Thomas without the speed. While I love his attitude and willingness to play special teams, we need to treat him like a star. He was getting pulled for Michael Redding on key third downs. Save his energy for offense.

- One takeaway watching this game live- this team is small up front. Our failure to add length in the Portal killed us. It hurts even more when you see South Florida guys like Gerald Mincey (Tennessee) and Tyler Steen (Alabama) playing LT at a high level. Duke was parking their safeties in Broward and Miami couldn’t make them pay in the run game. This team has too many centers. DJ Scaife should be our center and he’s our RT. Justice Oluwaseun, Jakai Clark, Jonathan Denis and Logan Sagapolu are all way undersized. Laurence Seymore looked like he didn’t belong on the field on Saturday. I remember watching Seymore with @gogeta4 as he dominated much older P5 guys at camp. He looked like the next great center. But he hasn’t done enough or shown the urgency off the field to overcome his bad body. Overall, there was no size advantage against Duke and the interior pressure was relentless. One adjustment might be playing more Anez Cooper. If he is too green to move to guard (and it looked like that against VT), play him at RT and move Scaife to RG.

- If there is one area where I would bet on Mario, it’s his ability to build a giant, talented OL. You see that in Oregon. He’s already won big time battles for Francis Mauigoa (Top 10 player nationally), Connor Lew (beat UGA) and Tommy Kinsler (beat Florida). Now, we have to hold off the negative recruiting on all those guys, plus teams like Oregon pushing for Frankie Tinilau. If Cristobal can build a monster OL, it will elevate our floor and avoid catastrophes like Saturday.

- Darrell Jackson is one of the few difference makers on this team. He is an elite run-stopper and is getting sacks by pushing the pocket. He just turned 19 and has a bright NFL future if he keeps working.

- James Williams continues to struggle breaking down and tackling at 6’5. And our tackling somehow got worse when he left the game injured in the second half. I understand the frustration with JW because he’s a five-star and he’s playing nowhere near that level. But he’s low on my list of concerns. For all his faults, he is one of the better players on this bad team and actually cares.

- However, Coach Addae is high on the list of disappointments with this team. His DBs played great at West Virginia and Georgia, and the buzz from the offseason coaching clinics had him pegged as a future head coach. But the performance in practice has disappeared in games. There was a lot of hate for Rumph and Banda, but they had their guys playing much better (at a much lower price) than Addae and TRob.

Overall, this is as bad as it could’ve been. I predicted a single-digit win season but thought they’d be better than last year. They aren’t, and morale is lower. We're already hearing familiar complaints about the roster and culture. Recruiting alone won’t solve the problem, and if Cristobal can’t stop the bleeding on the field, recruiting won’t be there for long. Let's get this thing on track against a bad UVA team and steal the first good win of the year against the Noles.
Not surprising since you vouched for about 60% percent of this roster.

James Williams is low on your list of concerns lol. He’s a former 5 star and is in line for being one of the worst safeties to ever play here. People want him to hit the portal but sure keep him low on your list of many concerns.
When you vouch for 60% of this roster…

I fvck with you heavy...
But why are we acting like these guys forgot how to coach when they got to Miami?

Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Have been successful at previous stops. So either they forgot how the coach, or they need their own hand-picked players.

And if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't start off the Lashlee era averaging 35 PPG. We were saying THE SAME **** about Lashlee's offense in the beginning. It was a$s.

No coaching change in advanced football yields big benefits in year one. Doesn't happen. Oregon and Michigan look good right now BECAUSE MARIO AND GATTIS COACHED/DEVELOPED/RECRUITED those units. They left their previous teams with polished players. WTF did Manny leave us with? The God **** Corners didn't even know how to play press and the entire back-7 didn't know what "quick game" was.

You guys seem to forget that any time DC's wanted to shut down Lashlee's offense, all they did was play man/press. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Although I'm not a fan of the overdose of condensed formations (because it leaves us susceptible to disguised blitzes) this offense is far more advanced and well-balanced than Lashlee's.
THE TALENT IS A$S!

It's not Ponce's fault that Garcia missed multiple wide open guys and air mailed two gift interceptions. Those decisions/throws were embarrassingly bad. It's also not a coach's fault that Seymour can't block a **** DB from getting through the B-gap.
Most of these players would've never been recruited by this staff. They're awful.

Go look at the roster at Oregon and tell me if it looks anything like our ****. I bet they're far more athletic and they probably look better coached too. Y'all don't think that has anything to do with the years Mario spent there? 🤔 (News flash - it does)
Y'all don't wonder why some of our best players are not Manny kids? 🤔

We can't blame coaches, but then in the very same breath talk about how untalented the players are.

Not every play call by Gattis is gonna be A1.
No coordinator does that. Lord knows I've disliked a few calls. But I've actually re-watched our games in detail and I've seen plenty of great play designs and a whole lot of bad execution.

Steele is another guy that's proven, along with Strong and Addae. These guys did not forget how to coach when they got here. We're not talking about Manny's green a$s staff. We're talking about guys who have been elite/good everywhere they've been.

If any of you have coached, and have had to install new schemes and instill new culture, then you know how long it takes. It takes a minimum of one year. Minimum. More than likely 2/3 years depending on how bad the program was.

Show me a Head Coach that took over a losing program and looked good in the first year.
The **** GOAT went 6-6 and lost to Louisiana Monroe during his first season at Bama.

Don't get y'all fvckin' hopes up for this season.
The whole thing needs to get worse before it gets better. Y'all MF'ers need to put your emotions aside and chalk this season up as a massive L that's preparing us for better things ahead.

These guys didn't forget how to coach!
i said it after the MTSU game. This roster needs to get flipped in a hurry. The roster is loaded with broken players and front runners. Meaning guys who can’t battle back from adversity. It’s been something that has plagued this program for years. We have not had a High football IQ for quite awhile.

On the other side of that, the staff needs to identify who they can trust and who they can’t and. Just ride with those. The season is lost, build for the future.

Advertisement
I fvck with you heavy...
But why are we acting like these guys forgot how to coach when they got to Miami?

Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Have been successful at previous stops. So either they forgot how the coach, or they need their own hand-picked players.

And if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't start off the Lashlee era averaging 35 PPG. We were saying THE SAME **** about Lashlee's offense in the beginning. It was a$s.

No coaching change in advanced football yields big benefits in year one. Doesn't happen. Oregon and Michigan look good right now BECAUSE MARIO AND GATTIS COACHED/DEVELOPED/RECRUITED those units. They left their previous teams with polished players. WTF did Manny leave us with? The God **** Corners didn't even know how to play press and the entire back-7 didn't know what "quick game" was.

You guys seem to forget that any time DC's wanted to shut down Lashlee's offense, all they did was play man/press. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Although I'm not a fan of the overdose of condensed formations (because it leaves us susceptible to disguised blitzes) this offense is far more advanced and well-balanced than Lashlee's.
THE TALENT IS A$S!

It's not Ponce's fault that Garcia missed multiple wide open guys and air mailed two gift interceptions. Those decisions/throws were embarrassingly bad. It's also not a coach's fault that Seymour can't block a **** DB from getting through the B-gap.
Most of these players would've never been recruited by this staff. They're awful.

Go look at the roster at Oregon and tell me if it looks anything like our ****. I bet they're far more athletic and they probably look better coached too. Y'all don't think that has anything to do with the years Mario spent there? 🤔 (News flash - it does)
Y'all don't wonder why some of our best players are not Manny kids? 🤔

We can't blame coaches, but then in the very same breath talk about how untalented the players are.

Not every play call by Gattis is gonna be A1.
No coordinator does that. Lord knows I've disliked a few calls. But I've actually re-watched our games in detail and I've seen plenty of great play designs and a whole lot of bad execution.

Steele is another guy that's proven, along with Strong and Addae. These guys did not forget how to coach when they got here. We're not talking about Manny's green a$s staff. We're talking about guys who have been elite/good everywhere they've been.

If any of you have coached, and have had to install new schemes and instill new culture, then you know how long it takes. It takes a minimum of one year. Minimum. More than likely 2/3 years depending on how bad the program was.

Show me a Head Coach that took over a losing program and looked good in the first year.
The **** GOAT went 6-6 and lost to Louisiana Monroe during his first season at Bama.

Don't get y'all fvckin' hopes up for this season.
The whole thing needs to get worse before it gets better. Y'all MF'ers need to put your emotions aside and chalk this season up as a massive L that's preparing us for better things ahead.

These guys didn't forget how to coach!
From the same guy who thought D’O was a defensive genius

..any evidence that Miami is a well-coached team. I tried my best. This team doesn’t make good decisions. They rank 127th in turnovers. The team isn’t disciplined. They rank 93rd in penalties. The scheme is broken. The scoring offense dropped from 30.9 ppg to 22.5 ppg (94th in nation) with largely the same personnel. The team doesn’t play smart. They rank 118th in passing efficiency defense because the DBs make so many mental busts.

The conditioning doesn’t show up. Small teams bully Miami in the fourth quarter. The sports science isn’t working. The program has never had more injuries. To top it off, the team lacks physicality and can’t tackle. Nothing on film matches the identity we wanted.

The truth is this team has looked bad in every game against an FBS opponent. And the lows keep getting lower. Duke was one of the worst rosters I’ve ever seen last year. Now, they’re lining up in victory formation in the redzone so they don’t run up the score to 50. I want to say this is rock bottom, but I thought that happened a month ago.

The comparison for Mario has always been Butch. He won’t elevate a bad roster, but he can build a roster and instill discipline over time. We see that with Oregon’s continued success. But one difference with Butch is that he was able to find Hall of Famers in the bargain bin. The recruiting landscape has changed. Cristobal succeeds by winning big-time battles, and it’s hard to win big-time battles when you look this bad on the field. The playing time sales job only works for a year. The locals are already immune to the BS. He needs to triage this season and keep the class strong if we have any chance.

Some specifics:

- The first, most obvious issue is the scoring offense. Miami averaged 22.6 ppg with Enos. It immediately jumped to 35.5 ppg in the Lashlee era. Now it’s back to 22.5 ppg, with better players than Enos had. It's a simple story to tell. We aren't explosive anymore and we live from down to down. Have you ever seen this many fourth down attempts?

- I don’t think Mario will be stubborn schematically when it comes to making changes. He has no personal scheme and, for all the talk about him being hard-headed about the run game, this is actually one of the most pass-dominant teams in the nation. They rank 117th in rushing percentage and throw it 58% of the time. It’s just a bad passing offense. The concern with Cristobal is whether he will pick the right guy or just go after the shiniest name.

- And this is not to scapegoat Gattis. There are a lot of problems on a lot of desks. Nobody talks about Ponce, but he is the QB coach and is accountable for a lot of the regression at that position. They need to get it fixed before this season goes from bad to historic.

- The most important news right now is Tyler Van Dyke’s health. He's one of the few players with an NFL future on this roster and he’s been playing like his old self. On the flip side, Jake Garcia looked as bad as I’ve ever seen him in any game or scrimmage. Some of that was protection and jitters, but he didn’t look prepared. Hopefully, it’s just a bad game under duress. I have no idea who is working hard in that room, but if TVD is out for an extended period and Jacurri Brown is preparing with more urgency, I wouldn’t hesitate throwing him out there. The offense isn’t explosive to begin with. Brown at least gives you a better running game with the opportunity for big plays on the ground and in the air against stacked boxes.

- Colbie Young is an impact player. One comparison I heard internally was Demaryius Thomas without the speed. While I love his attitude and willingness to play special teams, we need to treat him like a star. He was getting pulled for Michael Redding on key third downs. Save his energy for offense.

- One takeaway watching this game live- this team is small up front. Our failure to add length in the Portal killed us. It hurts even more when you see South Florida guys like Gerald Mincey (Tennessee) and Tyler Steen (Alabama) playing LT at a high level. Duke was parking their safeties in Broward and Miami couldn’t make them pay in the run game. This team has too many centers. DJ Scaife should be our center and he’s our RT. Justice Oluwaseun, Jakai Clark, Jonathan Denis and Logan Sagapolu are all way undersized. Laurence Seymore looked like he didn’t belong on the field on Saturday. I remember watching Seymore with @gogeta4 as he dominated much older P5 guys at camp. He looked like the next great center. But he hasn’t done enough or shown the urgency off the field to overcome his bad body. Overall, there was no size advantage against Duke and the interior pressure was relentless. One adjustment might be playing more Anez Cooper. If he is too green to move to guard (and it looked like that against VT), play him at RT and move Scaife to RG.

- If there is one area where I would bet on Mario, it’s his ability to build a giant, talented OL. You see that in Oregon. He’s already won big time battles for Francis Mauigoa (Top 10 player nationally), Connor Lew (beat UGA) and Tommy Kinsler (beat Florida). Now, we have to hold off the negative recruiting on all those guys, plus teams like Oregon pushing for Frankie Tinilau. If Cristobal can build a monster OL, it will elevate our floor and avoid catastrophes like Saturday.

- Darrell Jackson is one of the few difference makers on this team. He is an elite run-stopper and is getting sacks by pushing the pocket. He just turned 19 and has a bright NFL future if he keeps working.

- James Williams continues to struggle breaking down and tackling at 6’5. And our tackling somehow got worse when he left the game injured in the second half. I understand the frustration with JW because he’s a five-star and he’s playing nowhere near that level. But he’s low on my list of concerns. For all his faults, he is one of the better players on this bad team and actually cares.

- However, Coach Addae is high on the list of disappointments with this team. His DBs played great at West Virginia and Georgia, and the buzz from the offseason coaching clinics had him pegged as a future head coach. But the performance in practice has disappeared in games. There was a lot of hate for Rumph and Banda, but they had their guys playing much better (at a much lower price) than Addae and TRob.

Overall, this is as bad as it could’ve been. I predicted a single-digit win season but thought they’d be better than last year. They aren’t, and morale is lower. We're already hearing familiar complaints about the roster and culture. Recruiting alone won’t solve the problem, and if Cristobal can’t stop the bleeding on the field, recruiting won’t be there for long. Let's get this thing on track against a bad UVA team and steal the first good win of the year against the Noles.

Several things:

1. My initial observations of Feld was I wasn’t a fan of his; see 👇🏾

But after several, respectable posters chimed in on him, along w/ watching some YouTube videos of his clinics, my stance softened. But, what’s that expression; always go w/ ur first mind? Any chance we look at another S&C, like Moffitt, or do u think Mario is locked in w/ Feld?

2. This is not the same personnel as last season on offense; 58% of TVD’s yardage production is gone from last year’s roster. That’s a huge chunk from our overall offensive production & that chemistry that TVD had w/ Rambo, Harley, & X in 2021 was clearly missing this year, especially when X went down this season.

3. D, no disrespect, but this team, as a unit, has been poorly coached well before Mario got here.

Sacks Allowed:
2019 - 127th
2020 - 98th
2021 - 89th
2022 - 96th

TFL Allowed:
2019 - 109th
2020 - 117th
2021 - 108th
2022 - 73rd

Penalties:
2019 - 103rd
2020 - 121st
2021 - 92nd
2022 - 69th

Penalty Yards:
2019 - 98th
2020 - 122nd
2021 - 94th
2022 - 62nd

Rushing Defense:
2019 - 17th
2020 - 76th
2021 - 44th
2022 - 24th

Passing Defense:
2019 - 19th
2020 - 65th
2021 - 102nd
2022 - 78th

So while it can be highlighted that our defensive passing efficiency has dropped this yr, as a whole, the numbers don’t lie regarding the lack of discipline that’s been instilled & woven into this team prior to Mario.

We can talk offense, which has been woeful from a scoring standpoint, but in 2020 we were 32nd in Total O. In 2021 19th; now in 2022, we’ve taken a step back to 35th. In 2019 we were 98th in Total O.

The biggest problem has been the two philosophies. In 2020, it was the most efficient RZ offense we had in a while, ranking 19th; last yr we slipped precipitously to 51st. Now, we’re at 58th. In 2019, we were 122nd in that dept. So while it may be fashionable to recall 2019, don’t. We were thee worst across all levels in 2019, offensively.

The reason why we forget how woeful our RZ-O was last yr was b/c we had a lot of boom plays where TVD would throw it up to Rambo, Harley, or X. This yr, we’ve been more methodical, getting to the RZ, & failing to cash in, just like last yr. The boom is missing from this O, & a big part of y that’s missing is due to the lost of those 3 aforementioned guys. We saw in the Spring Game these WRs couldn’t get open.

The problem w/ hyperbolic reactions w/o context or full scope is it tends to justify confirmation bias. The fact is, Mario stepped in a pile of chit from the admin, the infrastructure of the AD, & the roster. The problem w/ fans is their over valuation of their team. It’s like holding on to a CZ w/ the thought that maybe one day it’ll be the value of a diamond.

Despite what tangible evidence have presented themselves over the years w/ this current roster, despite the loss of key, productive players that struggled to get us to 7 wins, the poisonous Kool - Aid is always served to get the hype going, disregarding the chit we’ve swallowed for 4 yrs, from this past regime, alone.

Whether Mario cost $8m or $3m, the same feelings would be here. The $8 wasn’t for this season, but the future long term health of this program. This team was no better than 9 wins; the injuries, along w/ the lost of productive players from 2021 couldn’t be taken into account. The ACCCG was never a possibility, although some swore by it.

Regardless, there’s a lot of changes that need to happen from the coaching staff & to this roster. I expect to see a stark difference come next season; if not, then all **** will break loose & I’ll be right along w/ it. Only hope now is to close out this chit hole in grand fashion w/ momentum heading into next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m off the bandwagon, this team is trash and looks way worse than last year. I think Mario Cristobal is highly overrated.

Several things:

But after several, respectable posters chimed in on him, along w/ watching some YouTube videos of his clinics, my stance soften. But, what’s that expression; always go w/ ur first mind? Any chance we look at another S&C, like Moffitt, or do u think Mario is locked in w/ Feld?

2. This is not the same personnel as last season on offense; 58% of TVD’s yardage production is gone from last year’s roster. That’s a huge chunk from our overall offensive production & that chemistry that TVD had w/ Rambo, Harley, & X in 2021 was clearly missing this year, especially when X went down this season.

3. D, no disrespect, but this team, as a unit, has been poorly coached well before Mario got here.

Sacks Allowed:
2019 - 127th
2020 - 98th
2021 - 89th
2022 - 96th

TFL Allowed:
2019 - 109th
2020 - 117th
2021 - 108th
2022 - 73rd

Penalties:
2019 - 103rd
2020 - 121st
2021 - 92nd
2022 - 69th

Penalty Yards:
2019 - 98th
2020 - 122nd
2021 - 94th
2022 - 62nd

Rushing Defense:
2019 - 17th
2020 - 76th
2021 - 44th
2022 - 24th

Passing Defense:
2019 - 19th
2020 - 65th
2021 - 102nd
2022 - 78th

So while it can highlighted that defensive passing efficiency has dropped this yr, as a whole, the numbers don’t lie regarding the lack of discipline that’s been instilled & woven into this team prior to Mario.

We can talk offense, which has been woeful from a scoring standpoint, but in 2020 we were 32nd in Total O. In 2021 19th, & now in 2022, we’ve taken a step back to 35th. In 2019 we were 98th in Total O.

The biggest problem has been the two philosophies. In 2020, it was the most efficient RZ offense we had in a while, ranking 19th; last yr we slipped precipitously to 51st. Now, we’re at 58th. In 2019, we were 122nd in that dept. So while it may be fashionable to recall 2019, don’t. We were thee worst across all levels in 2019, offensively.

The reason why we forget how woeful our RZ-O was last yr was b/c we had a lot of boom plays where TVD would throw it up to Rambo, Harley, or X. This yr, we’ve been more methodical, getting to the RZ, & failing to cash in, just like last yr. The boom is missing from this O, & a big part of y that’s missing is due to the lost of those 3 aforementioned guys. We saw in the Spring Game these WRs couldn’t get open.

The problem w/ hyperbolic reactions w/o context or full scope is it tends to justify confirmation bias. The fact is, Mario stepped in a pile of chit from the admin, the infrastructure of the AD, & the roster. The problem w/ fans is their over valuation of their team. It’s like holding on to a CZ w/ the thought that maybe one day it’ll be the value of a diamond.

Despite what tangible evidence have presented themselves over the years w/ this current roster, despite the loss of key, productive players that struggled to get us to 7 wins, the poisonous Kool - Aid is always served to get the hype going, disregarding the chit we’ve swallowed for 4 yrs, from this past regime, alone.

Whether Mario cost $8m or $3m, the same feelings would be here. The $8 wasn’t for this season, but the future long term health of this program. This team was no better than 9 wins; the injuries, along w/ the lost of productive players from 2021 couldn’t be taken into account. The ACCCG was never a possibility, although some swore by it.

Regardless, there’s a lot of changes that need to happen from the coaching staff & to this roster. I expect to see a stark difference come next season; if not, then all **** will break loose & I’ll be right along w/ it. Only hope now is to close out this chit hole in grand fashion w/ momentum heading into next season.
One of the best posts I’ve seen in awhile.

Advertisement
Several things:

But after several, respectable posters chimed in on him, along w/ watching some YouTube videos of his clinics, my stance soften. But, what’s that expression; always go w/ ur first mind? Any chance we look at another S&C, like Moffitt, or do u think Mario is locked in w/ Feld?

Sacks Allowed:
2019 - 127th
2020 - 98th
2021 - 89th
2022 - 96th

TFL Allowed:
2019 - 109th
2020 - 117th
2021 - 108th
2022 - 73rd

Penalties:
2019 - 103rd
2020 - 121st
2021 - 92nd
2022 - 69th

Penalty Yards:
2019 - 98th
2020 - 122nd
2021 - 94th
2022 - 62nd

Rushing Defense:
2019 - 17th
2020 - 76th
2021 - 44th
2022 - 24th

Passing Defense:
2019 - 19th
2020 - 65th
2021 - 102nd
2022 - 78th

So while it can highlighted that defensive passing efficiency has dropped this yr, as a whole, the numbers don’t lie regarding the lack of discipline that’s been instilled & woven into this team prior to Mario.

We can talk offense, which has been woeful from a scoring standpoint, but in 2020 we were 32nd in Total O. In 2021 19th, & now in 2022, we’ve taken a step back to 35th. In 2019 we were 98th in Total O.

good write up. I dont expect to see a change for a while but idk if it matters. Mario is good for 5-6 years min before the seat is warm

Its comedy at this point were the laughing stock of cfb other teams posing for pictures twitter accounts making a mockery of the program previous coaches coming back and dominating us in every facet of the game its a complete joke, with every new week were getting worse just when you think we hit the bottom we get worse the players obviously need to be better but the coaching has been a complete disaster also from a #’s perspective we’re leading cfb in underachieving,, in all of cfb yes the entire country we’re -11.7 ats for the year that is a full point worse than any other team in college football, i still dont think fans realize how difficult it was for us to lose 4 games this year at this point lottery ticket type odds virtually impossible we were only dogs in 2 games this year and one of them tex a@m was a toss up game the other game was clemson, theres a reason vegas keeps making us favorites every week, i trust in mario’s recruiting but his gamday coaching has gotten worse so he will need to take it up another notch in recruiting hopefully he can do this and over the next few years either figure out how to be atleast be and average gameday coach or set the program up for the next coach but this only can be done recruiting at a even higher level than he already does

Also a quick note about the “players” lets not forget that mario recruited many of thsse same players that chose miami at ore many all had ore offers ….

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dudes on here writing books to come up with excuses for Mario. Manny beat Duke 47-10 and 48-0 the last years but Mario has “Mannys guys” and they don’t know how to beat Duke.

Stop embarrassing yourselves.

U tend to have a conceptual misunderstanding or grasp to the validity of points being made.

This has chit to do w/ “defending” or making “excuses” for Mario vs. laying out the facts about this program & this roster. The roster was already iffy before the injuries, but now, that lack of depth that’s been the elephant in the room has made itself known.

Listen, u have every right to be ****ed off & question things this yr, but imagine if Bama fired Saban, Ole Miss fired Kiffin, Tenn fired Heupel, Baylor fired Aranda, Miami fired Jimmy, FSU fired Bowden, Illinois fired Bielema, Clemson fired Dabo, OSU fired Tressel, OU fired Stoops, etc etc etmfc after year 1?

All I’m saying is if we see the same chit in yr 2, then there’s a great chance that Mario ain’t that guy; but I’m going to assume 4 yrs at UO wasn’t a fluke.

P.S - U do realize 3 guys that accounted for 230+ & 3 TDs last yr v. Duke didn’t play Saturday, right?

Some specifics:

Agree with bits of this…however. Conditioning means nothing when you’re soft in the chest and selfish upstairs. There are too many players on this team who excel in either one or both of those areas. Not good conditions to excel in. That’s all a product of the failed evals when these guys were signed and the environment they were in for multiple years. I don’t blame a guy like Manny for trying as we’d all take the gig if offered. But a fraud is a fraud. He signed guys, filled their heads with bs, became their buddy when they arrived, and set a low standard of living day to day out of ignorance and a lack of testicular fortitude. Mario called it out yesterday. Anyone who doesn’t see that is not watching the same team.

Throughout this thread I’ve seen this the argument of local vs non local guys. Inevitably the OSU/Bama and the like argument arises. It’s all a really foolish discussion. The best local talent bounces for the most part and when they arrive at the premium programs they f*** or walk. Period. It’s like that because the staff set a standard, ran their ship for excellence, and those guys with the lack of heart and selfishness were the exception, not the rule. The alphas at those programs who bleed their team’s colors and realize they can make themselves lots of money, not NIL short term change, eat them alive. Again, it’s f*** or walk.

Bottom line is you have at least 25% of this roster which gets burn that’s gone from living the life to a real staff filled with expectations and a standard of the way to do things minute by minute and day by day.

Those 25% or so are no longer just getting their ****s pushed in by an opponent a few to a handful times a year. They’re now getting their ****s pushed in from opponents and from our staff and as a result they’ve shut it down completely or at varying times during games. To be frank the purge has begun and Mario will not be begging these guys to stick around when portal time arrives. On top of that some of the young cats are going to get more and more burn which is a good thing.

Face it fellas, it ain’t pretty but it’s necessary. This roster will look very very different when spring arrives.

Advertisement
Back