It's almost impossible to find...

View as article
Advertisement
Former players have endorsed every coach that has come through here.
I would agree but I don’t think any former player has directly talked about the culture needing to be checked… they’ve always been generic I think we’re going to be back! Sunshine pumping

The coaching staff has made inexplicable decisions in every game other than Bethune this season, but Mario being smacked in the face with the same realization that Richt had that this isn’t a quick fix. And what’s changed since then?

We made an absolute blunder of a hire in Diaz on the premise of if we fixed the offense the statistically very good defense that got out-schemed and punched in the mouth by every team with the same or better talent sans Notre Dame. The defense sunk to 2018-19 offense levels.

Going into the year I thought the floor was 8 wins based on the premise the competence of the coaching staff would reduce the head scratchers. Clearly wrong. It’s going to take time. Just beat FSU
richt still won in the process though. 9 and then 10 games in year 1 and 2. were not on pace for that and we dont look even remotely decent (richt started 4-0 before the 4 game losing streak then making changes w the O for brad and then reeled off five straight). if he didnt get sick, he prolly wins double digits again. you can win and rebuild. remember richt took over a team that got beat so bad by Clemson that Clemson didnt feel the need to go to the locker room at halftime

Personally, I don't care one way or another about Mario...he could get fired tomorrow and c'est la vie.

But the reality many of you don't fully understand, is your favorite coach could show up next year and we're still going to stink. That is, provided he'd even want to come to this cesspool. You all might think you're the smartest guys in the room and you've got some hotshot coach you love that would definitely fix this team, athletic department, etc. but thats writing fan fiction.

Many think there is talent on this roster that far exceeds what is actually here and it just needs THE RIGHT GUY to harness it...but none of that is true. We had some basic ***** offense anybody could run under Lashlee last year that was super fun like you all like...and we were still 7-5 taking horrendous Ls. One of the worst OC performances we ever had here under Enos...that guy steps foot on campus at Maryland and is significantly outperforming his stay in Miami since Day 1 and in Year 2 has a Top 25 offense...but here, he was a low life bum. Brian Windhorst is still trying to figure out that mystery.

This isn't NCAA Football the video game. You're not going to take our group of 78 OVR seniors and run the table in the ACC. We've been blaming coaches for not being able to make chicken salad our of chicken **** for a very long time...this time is no different. We correctly identified a key problem at the Hecht 20 years ago...the Coker Country Club...blame everybody for perpetuating this unacceptable product, but we as a fanbase have taken our eyes off the ball. Mario can get tossed under the bus just like everybody else because he hasn't been able to fix it (yet, or ever?), but lmfao @ anybody coming in here and fixing this dumpster fire in 7 weeks. Its nice fan fiction, I guess.
ok. so you said all that but the last decent HC we had took the issues of the previous staff and churned out 9 wins and 10 wins in year 1 and 2. we dont look close to that and less talented than this one overall. im not saying we should unbeaten but w the soft schedule and weak division, we should be better than we are now (at least 5-2).

Advertisement
In my opinion, Mario is a micro-manager, and often overthinks things.

Mario could’ve hired Brady, Briles, and several other big time, aggressive play callers as OC that would have run a much more modern scheme. Instead, he spent so much time micro-managing every little aspect of what he supposedly wanted, that he ended up hiring probably the worst of all the options that he had in Gattis.

Ponce also doesn’t get a pass. Our QB’s have definitely regressed, and that’s both on Gattis and him.

The OL has had some key injuries, but even before said injuries, they were playing like crap. This was supposed to be Mario and Mirabal’s specialty, and it’s been the exact opposite. They almost got TVD killed yesterday with all of the missed assignments on blitze protection. On the play in which TVD was injured, there were 2 defenders on his blind side that came in untouched. The OL just let them both come in unabated. That is inexcusable. Garcia also took some brutal hits thanks to busted assignments by the OL.

Colby Young is a star in the making. Unbelievable that this corching staph had him on the bench until 3 weeks ago. He is clearly our best WR. Ladson, Brashard and Mallory have been our best pass catchers after Colby.

The lack of imagination in using Rooster has been mind boggling. They have not used him on wheel routes and seldom used him as a receiver in space. That is where he can really excel. It’s maddening to think that these coaches can’t figure that out.

On D, you can’t expect to win when your DC rushes 3 on 4th & 9, and gives the Duke QB all day to scan the field and find a wide open guy 20 yards downfield, all while keeping our worst LB in space (Flagg) on the field trying to cover. Just awful corching.

The 8 turnovers were atrocious, and is a reflection of the corching staph and the HC. A team takes on the personality of its coach. I don’t blame the players for not buying into this **** scheme. These kids are smart and want to win. It’s obvious that a lot of them are being misused, and we are seeing the results.
Had me till you started talking about getting rooster the ball more when he’s got 3 turnovers in 4 games including a game sealing one….

Personally, I don't care one way or another about Mario...he could get fired tomorrow and c'est la vie.

But the reality many of you don't fully understand, is your favorite coach could show up next year and we're still going to stink. That is, provided he'd even want to come to this cesspool. You all might think you're the smartest guys in the room and you've got some hotshot coach you love that would definitely fix this team, athletic department, etc. but thats writing fan fiction.

Many think there is talent on this roster that far exceeds what is actually here and it just needs THE RIGHT GUY to harness it...but none of that is true. We had some basic ***** offense anybody could run under Lashlee last year that was super fun like you all like...and we were still 7-5 taking horrendous Ls. One of the worst OC performances we ever had here under Enos...that guy steps foot on campus at Maryland and is significantly outperforming his stay in Miami since Day 1 and in Year 2 has a Top 25 offense...but here, he was a low life bum. Brian Windhorst is still trying to figure out that mystery.

This isn't NCAA Football the video game. You're not going to take our group of 78 OVR seniors and run the table in the ACC. We've been blaming coaches for not being able to make chicken salad our of chicken **** for a very long time...this time is no different. We correctly identified a key problem at the Hecht 20 years ago...the Coker Country Club...blame everybody for perpetuating this unacceptable product, but we as a fanbase have taken our eyes off the ball. Mario can get tossed under the bus just like everybody else because he hasn't been able to fix it (yet, or ever?), but lmfao @ anybody coming in here and fixing this dumpster fire in 7 weeks. Its nice fan fiction, I guess.
Lmao this OC has managed to take Lashlee's "basic ***** offense" and produced an offense that scores 16 points less per game. What does that say about Gattis? I don't think its asking too much to at least produce to the same level that the previous guy did. Especially when the current guy is getting paid top 5 OC money. But yea our kids are the problem!
TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 MiamiGattis18.5

I fvck with you heavy...
But why are we acting like these guys forgot how to coach when they got to Miami?

Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Have been successful at previous stops. So either they forgot how the coach, or they need their own hand-picked players.

And if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't start off the Lashlee era averaging 35 PPG. We were saying THE SAME **** about Lashlee's offense in the beginning. It was a$s.

No coaching change in advanced football yields big benefits in year one. Doesn't happen. Oregon and Michigan look good right now BECAUSE MARIO AND GATTIS COACHED/DEVELOPED/RECRUITED those units. They left their previous teams with polished players. WTF did Manny leave us with? The God **** Corners didn't even know how to play press and the entire back-7 didn't know what "quick game" was.

You guys seem to forget that any time DC's wanted to shut down Lashlee's offense, all they did was play man/press. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Although I'm not a fan of the overdose of condensed formations (because it leaves us susceptible to disguised blitzes) this offense is far more advanced and well-balanced than Lashlee's.
THE TALENT IS A$S!

It's not Ponce's fault that Garcia missed multiple wide open guys and air mailed two gift interceptions. Those decisions/throws were embarrassingly bad. It's also not a coach's fault that Seymour can't block a **** DB from getting through the B-gap.
Most of these players would've never been recruited by this staff. They're awful.

Go look at the roster at Oregon and tell me if it looks anything like our ****. I bet they're far more athletic and they probably look better coached too. Y'all don't think that has anything to do with the years Mario spent there? 🤔 (News flash - it does)
Y'all don't wonder why some of our best players are not Manny kids? 🤔

We can't blame coaches, but then in the very same breath talk about how untalented the players are.

Not every play call by Gattis is gonna be A1.
No coordinator does that. Lord knows I've disliked a few calls. But I've actually re-watched our games in detail and I've seen plenty of great play designs and a whole lot of bad execution.

Steele is another guy that's proven, along with Strong and Addae. These guys did not forget how to coach when they got here. We're not talking about Manny's green a$s staff. We're talking about guys who have been elite/good everywhere they've been.

If any of you have coached, and have had to install new schemes and instill new culture, then you know how long it takes. It takes a minimum of one year. Minimum. More than likely 2/3 years depending on how bad the program was.

Show me a Head Coach that took over a losing program and looked good in the first year.
The **** GOAT went 6-6 and lost to Louisiana Monroe during his first season at Bama.

Don't get y'all fvckin' hopes up for this season.
The whole thing needs to get worse before it gets better. Y'all MF'ers need to put your emotions aside and chalk this season up as a massive L that's preparing us for better things ahead.

These guys didn't forget how to coach!
Listen, I’m the first to admit I’m just a fan. I can’t break down the intricacies of what these guys are trying to do. Even if we could break it down, we only know 1/100th of the facts they know before they make their decisions.

But when you look at the results, it’s hard to find any signs of progress. And I’m talking about the controllables, not just the talent issues. I want to find them so I can hype them up and get people on this site excited and hopeful.

No question these guys are good coaches. That’s been proven. But it also needs to be a fit with the program and with each other. I just haven’t seen anything click yet in any facet. There is still time.

Advertisement
I fvck with you heavy...
But why are we acting like these guys forgot how to coach when they got to Miami?

Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Have been successful at previous stops. So either they forgot how the coach, or they need their own hand-picked players.

And if my memory serves me correctly, we didn't start off the Lashlee era averaging 35 PPG. We were saying THE SAME **** about Lashlee's offense in the beginning. It was a$s.

No coaching change in advanced football yields big benefits in year one. Doesn't happen. Oregon and Michigan look good right now BECAUSE MARIO AND GATTIS COACHED/DEVELOPED/RECRUITED those units. They left their previous teams with polished players. WTF did Manny leave us with? The God **** Corners didn't even know how to play press and the entire back-7 didn't know what "quick game" was.

You guys seem to forget that any time DC's wanted to shut down Lashlee's offense, all they did was play man/press. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Although I'm not a fan of the overdose of condensed formations (because it leaves us susceptible to disguised blitzes) this offense is far more advanced and well-balanced than Lashlee's.
THE TALENT IS A$S!

It's not Ponce's fault that Garcia missed multiple wide open guys and air mailed two gift interceptions. Those decisions/throws were embarrassingly bad. It's also not a coach's fault that Seymour can't block a **** DB from getting through the B-gap.
Most of these players would've never been recruited by this staff. They're awful.

Go look at the roster at Oregon and tell me if it looks anything like our ****. I bet they're far more athletic and they probably look better coached too. Y'all don't think that has anything to do with the years Mario spent there? 🤔 (News flash - it does)

We can't blame coaches, but then in the very same breath talk about how untalented the players are.

No coordinator does that. Lord knows I've disliked a few calls. But I've actually re-watched our games in detail and I've seen plenty of great play designs and a whole lot of bad execution.

Steele is another guy that's proven, along with Strong and Addae. These guys did not forget how to coach when they got here. We're not talking about Manny's green a$s staff. We're talking about guys who have been elite/good everywhere they've been.

If any of you have coached, and have had to install new schemes and instill new culture, then you know how long it takes. It takes a minimum of one year. Minimum. More than likely 2/3 years depending on how bad the program was.

Show me a Head Coach that took over a losing program and looked good in the first year.
The **** GOAT went 6-6 and lost to Louisiana Monroe during his first season at Bama.

The whole thing needs to get worse before it gets better. Y'all MF'ers need to put your emotions aside and chalk this season up as a massive L that's preparing us for better things ahead.

Coach when you say our talent is ***,are you including the RBs too?

Jake Garcia coming in and looking unprepared as **** is a bigger red flag than most people might see.

Not because of Garcia, but if the talented back QB is not preparing as if he is the starter, especially considering the starter got benched prior in the season...

It really is both. The coaches aren't doing a good job and the players have switched off.
Welcome back!!!

Joe Biden Hello GIF by The Democrats

I fvck with you heavy...

THE TALENT IS A$S!

Macho, how long before we see a tangible difference, both in results and progress? 2, 3, seasons?

ok. so you said all that but the last decent HC we had took the issues of the previous staff and churned out 9 wins and 10 wins in year 1 and 2. we dont look close to that and less talented than this one overall. im not saying we should unbeaten but w the soft schedule and weak division, we should be better than we are now (at least 5-2).

I mean, to be fair, those teams Mark Richt got from Golden were significantly better. Ahmonn Richards, Stacy Coley, David Njoku, Mark Walton before the CTE kicked in on offense...defense had lots of guys that would get drafted and some are still floating around the NFL in some capacity. Just today I saw posts talking about the pros that were on those teams.

Do you think we've got those kind of players on this team to justify the expectation? I personally do not. Especially after Manny Diaz, who, we all admit was a horrendous talent evaluator.

And even then, people were complaining about aspects of this team...not so much during the Turnover Chain season, that was fun, but clearly an outlier over the past 20 years, and something most of us knew wasn't sustainable success. We were clowning on Thomas Brown because he thought eating crustaceans made you ***. Clowning on the nepotism of Jon Richt. Complaining about Mark Richt's archaic offense calling plays. Ron Dugans and the DONK and his horrendous evaluation skills lmfao. Kuligowski and his refusal to recruit. Barkeep Banda. Stacy Searles and his horrendous OL coaching. We can't be looking back on those times with rose colored glasses now. We just can not.

Advertisement
I mean, to be fair, those teams Mark Richt got from Golden were significantly better. Ahmonn Richards, Stacy Coley, David Njoku, Mark Walton before the CTE kicked in on offense...defense had lots of guys that would get drafted and some are still floating around the NFL in some capacity. Just today I saw posts talking about the pros that were on those teams.

Do you think we've got those kind of players on this team to justify the expectation? I personally do not. Especially after Manny Diaz, who, we all admit was a horrendous talent evaluator.

And even then, people were complaining about aspects of this team...not so much during the Turnover Chain season, that was fun, but clearly an outlier over the past 20 years, and something most of us knew wasn't sustainable success. We were clowning on Thomas Brown because he thought eating crustaceans made you ***. Clowning on the nepotism of Jon Richt. Complaining about Mark Richt's archaic offense calling plays. Ron Dugans and the DONK and his horrendous evaluation skills lmfao. Kuligowski and his refusal to recruit. Barkeep Banda. Stacy Searles and his horrendous OL coaching. We can't be looking back on those times with rose colored glasses now. We just can not.
Richards was a Richt recruit (he was a freshman when richt entered). Walton was goldens. Joku wasn't what he was under golden as he was under richt production wise. we have mallory arroyo (who got hurt) under Manny and then Mario brought in skinner. id say talent wise were looking at it now as the richt team was more talented, but we did not say that then. it was a lot of the same bull**** thats fed by apologists on here. the diff being is that richt is and was a better coach than Mario even w all the issues you mentioned. I can say as bad as the dock was, tan enos as a WR coach is infinitely worse (Bellamy handled WRs at the end for gattis at Michigan). Mario is better than searles no doubt. Banda wasn't a bad coach but he gets clowned on here. he recruited his position better than anyone under Marios staff in the secondary and it isnt close.

I fvck with you heavy...

THE TALENT IS A$S!

We won what, 6 of our last 7 last year? We were improving. Stop acting like Mario took over a 3 win team. That was Duke's **** head coach, and we see what they just did to us. There are no excuses for this level of ineptitude. This isn't a rebuild, this is a **** funeral pyre.

Advertisement
We won what, 6 of our last 7 last year? We were improving. Stop acting like Mario took over a 3 win team. That was Duke's **** head coach, and we see what they just did to us. There are no excuses for this level of ineptitude. This isn't a rebuild, this is a **** funeral pyre.
alos gattis wasn't successful at Michigan. he got reworked and helped out a ton. addae was basically pushed away. Steeles only job was the MD dc after AU.

hes defended the play since the beginning bc Mario takes care of him.

My wife suggested I get a certificate from Alabama or Georgia so I can claim to be an alumnus of a school with a respectable football program.
My wife went to Georgia. She doesn’t care about football. We have been together for 10 years and every year around this time she says why do you continue torturing yourself if they are not good. She asked yesterday and my short answer was I really don’t know.

My wife went to Georgia. She doesn’t care about football. We have been together for 10 years and every year around this time she says why do you continue torturing yourself if they are not good. She asked yesterday and my short answer was I really don’t know.
I know how that goes. Been with my girl for 10 years and every year it’s the same thing and she ether says your team sucks or why do you torture yourself?

Advertisement
Back