It's almost impossible to find...

View as article
I think Mario was smart in doing this. If Steele is leaving then we have a proven DC that is already on staff. Same could be said for Ponce. He's OCd at App St for a while and he runs the offense these kids run down in Miami/Broward are used to.
no dude Mario is a dumbass for hiring a ****** staff that doesn't mesh at all with the roster or each other.

Ponce is trash and the QBs all regressed under him from mechanics to footwork.

if ponce is the OC here, please fire Mario too then.

Steele was ******* at MD as a DC before we scooped him up lol. hes not getting an SEC DC job again.

strong hasn't coordinated a defense since UF.

this would be another failed offseason staff wise.

Advertisement
People act like Rambo and Harley were some studs before getting with Lashlee lol. Harley was considered a bum by Cis before a coach brought in an offense that exploited his strengths. Rambo was an absolute monster in that offense but couldn’t make an NFL roster. That’s what scheming does, makes guys look better than they really are.

Rambo had a reputation at Oklahoma of being an unreliable WR and was probably going to be benched. He was the most experienced WR on the team yet he only had 25 receptions for 312 yards in 2020. The very next year at UM he had more than 1100 receiving yards.

no dude Mario is a dumbass for hiring a ****** staff that doesn't mesh at all with the roster or each other.

Ponce is trash and the QBs all regressed under him from mechanics to footwork.

if ponce is the OC here, please fire Mario too then.

Steele was ******* at MD as a DC before we scooped him up lol. hes not getting an SEC DC job again.

strong hasn't coordinated a defense since UF.

this would be another failed offseason staff wise.
Lol I won't even respond to your negative nonsense.

Lol I won't even respond to your negative nonsense.
lol show me how the QBs (all of them) have progressed. ill wait.

Steele was at Maryland as a DC before we took him. he wasn't in the SEC lol. thats all fact.

Strong hasn't coordinated a Defense since he left for Lville as HC. thats a fact.

so ill wait.

Advertisement
lol show me how the QBs (all of them) have progressed. ill wait.

Steele was at Maryland as a DC before we took him. he wasn't in the SEC lol. thats all fact.

Strong hasn't coordinated a Defense since he left for Lville as HC. thats a fact.

so ill wait.
Steele was in the SEC for 20 years. TF you talking about? and you wouldn't want Charlie Strong to be a DC? If not then you're ignorant AF. Negative and ignorant is a terrible way to go through life

Steele was in the SEC for 20 years. TF you talking about? and you wouldn't want Charlie Strong to be a DC? If not then you're ignorant AF. Negative and ignorant is a terrible way to go through life
lol I said he wasn't in the SEC when we got him. he was hired by locksley at MD to be the DC and then Mario took him

and no. believe it or not, football and defenses have changed since 2010. id rather not hire a guy who hasn't coordinated a defense since Urban Meyer coached UF. would you want randy Shannon to be a DC here?

But one difference with Butch is that he was able to find Hall of Famers in the bargain bin. The recruiting landscape has changed.

Agree recruiting has changed over last 25y. That is expected. Transfer portal + NIL can put today's Miami in a better position than Butch's bargain hunting. We don't have to dumpster dive for gold to make this work

Last edited:
In my opinion, Mario is a micro-manager, and often overthinks things.

Mario could’ve hired Brady, Briles, and several other big time, aggressive play callers as OC that would have run a much more modern scheme. Instead, he spent so much time micro-managing every little aspect of what he supposedly wanted, that he ended up hiring probably the worst of all the options that he had in Gattis.

Ponce also doesn’t get a pass. Our QB’s have definitely regressed, and that’s both on Gattis and him.

The OL has had some key injuries, but even before said injuries, they were playing like crap. This was supposed to be Mario and Mirabal’s specialty, and it’s been the exact opposite. They almost got TVD killed yesterday with all of the missed assignments on blitze protection. On the play in which TVD was injured, there were 2 defenders on his blind side that came in untouched. The OL just let them both come in unabated. That is inexcusable. Garcia also took some brutal hits thanks to busted assignments by the OL.

Colby Young is a star in the making. Unbelievable that this corching staph had him on the bench until 3 weeks ago. He is clearly our best WR. Ladson, Brashard and Mallory have been our best pass catchers after Colby.

The lack of imagination in using Rooster has been mind boggling. They have not used him on wheel routes and seldom used him as a receiver in space. That is where he can really excel. It’s maddening to think that these coaches can’t figure that out.

On D, you can’t expect to win when your DC rushes 3 on 4th & 9, and gives the Duke QB all day to scan the field and find a wide open guy 20 yards downfield, all while keeping our worst LB in space (Flagg) on the field trying to cover. Just awful corching.

The 8 turnovers were atrocious, and is a reflection of the corching staph and the HC. A team takes on the personality of its coach. I don’t blame the players for not buying into this **** scheme. These kids are smart and want to win. It’s obvious that a lot of them are being misused, and we are seeing the results.

Advertisement
In my opinion, Mario is a micro-manager, and often overthinks things.

Mario could’ve hired Brady, Briles, and several other big time, aggressive play callers as OC that would have run a much more modern scheme. Instead, he spent so much time micro-managing every little aspect of what he supposedly wanted, that he ended up hiring probably the worst of all the options that he had in Gattis.

Ponce also doesn’t get a pass. Our QB’s have definitely regressed, and that’s both on Gattis and him.

The OL has had some key injuries, but even before said injuries, they were playing like crap. This was supposed to be Mario and Mirabal’s specialty, and it’s been the exact opposite. They almost got TVD killed yesterday with all of the missed assignments on blitze protection. On the play in which TVD was injured, there were 2 defenders on his blind side that came in untouched. The OL just let them both come in unabated. That is inexcusable. Garcia also took some brutal hits thanks to busted assignments by the OL.

Colby Young is a star in the making. Unbelievable that this corching staph had him on the bench until 3 weeks ago. He is clearly our best WR. Ladson, Brashard and Mallory have been our best pass catchers after Colby.

The lack of imagination in using Rooster has been mind boggling. They have not used him on wheel routes and seldom used him as a receiver in space. That is where he can really excel. It’s maddening to think that these coaches can’t figure that out.

On D, you can’t expect to win when your DC rushes 3 on 4th & 9, and gives the Duke QB all day to scan the field and find a wide open guy 20 yards downfield, all while keeping our worst LB in space (Flagg) on the field trying to cover. Just awful corching.

The 8 turnovers were atrocious, and is a reflection of the corching staph and the HC. A team takes on the personality of its coach. I don’t blame the players for not buying into this **** scheme. These kids are smart and want to win. It’s obvious that a lot of them are being misused, and we are seeing the results.
I mean the young thing ain’t really on them. He did come in late and was supposedly out of shape and wasn’t really ballin

The coaching staff has made inexplicable decisions in every game other than Bethune this season, but Mario being smacked in the face with the same realization that Richt had that this isn’t a quick fix. And what’s changed since then?

We made an absolute blunder of a hire in Diaz on the premise of if we fixed the offense the statistically very good defense that got out-schemed and punched in the mouth by every team with the same or better talent sans Notre Dame. The defense sunk to 2018-19 offense levels.

Going into the year I thought the floor was 8 wins based on the premise the competence of the coaching staff would reduce the head scratchers. Clearly wrong. It’s going to take time. Just beat FSU

Advertisement
I mean the young thing ain’t really on them. He did come in late and was supposedly out of shape and wasn’t really ballin
That is false. The reports from camp were that he didn’t look the part of a UM receiver. That he was a miss, and should have never been a take.

Then miraculously he gets some playing time against NC, and he instantly balls. He then goes on to ball out the next two weeks, and all of a sudden we’re expected to believe that this specimen of a WR just out of thin air started catching everything in sight, and making big plays on a consistent basis.

I call bullshyt on that narrative.

Advertisement
That is false. The reports from camp were that he didn’t look the part of a UM receiver. That he was a miss, and should have never been a take.

Then miraculously he gets some playing time against NC, and he instantly balls. He then goes on to ball out the next two weeks, and all of a sudden we’re expected to believe that this specimen of a WR just out of thin air started catching everything in sight, and making big plays on a consistent basis.

I call bullshyt on that narrative.
I mean why would people lie that he didn’t look good if he was ballin? As I said he came late and was out of shape so of course he probably didn’t look good and he isn’t a fast guy to begin with so I could imagine. And unc was in October that’s a whole 2 months he had from camp to get in shape

What no one can explain is why our best players are transfers. Of course there are some scheme issues with Gattis. Sure the coaches bear some responsibility. But you have :

Colbie Young
Darrell Jackson
Mesidor
Henry Parrish
Darryl Porter

as the best players on the team. WHY???? Why are these guys producing?

It seems like the Richt/ Manny players are melting every time we get punched in the mouth. And now Mario is calling these bums out and they are uncomfortable about it. That didnt happy under Manny/ Richt. Again if the whole team was playing like this I can probably blame this more on coaching. It seems the weak minded
Manny players resent being called out and are playing like trash.
The transfer players are shining bc they havent been corched up yet by Mario and crew. If they remain with the team beyond this season they'll regress and become JAGs (junk *** garbage) like the rest of em.

Advertisement
Back