It's almost impossible to find...

View as article
I agree but id only argue that bc he got paid that much for his recruiting ability. he isnt a scheme god and he isnt a good game day coach. his strength is the OL and recruiting. he can build a good talent base.
It’s crazy that someone can be a bad game day coach with all the analytics out there these days.

I’d argue that being a bad game day coach is proof positive of stubbornness. If you simply trust the numbers, you will be a good (or at least average) game day coach.

TBD if that stubbornness hinders him from making a change to the offense. Manny did it after year 1, hopefully Mario does too.

Advertisement
Because the scheme that we're running doesn't fit the personnel we have. You adapt your coaching to the personnel you have not the other way around. It's why this same cast of characters beat Duke 47-10 last year and why the ppg (see below) were dramatically better last year. Mario and Gattis essentially shoved their style of offense down their throat all offseason be damned the results on the field.

Once they realized that their style of play wasn't going to be successful after a few games with this personnel they tried to change it but have been unsuccessful at yielding points. They should have realized this in the offseason when you had the time to rep and fine tune this offense. Instead they're trying to make changes now when it's too late. They were arrogantly stubborn and decided to fit a square peg into a round hole and the team is paying the price for it now. But because we want Mario to work we blame the players.

TeamOCPPG vs P5 Teams
2016 MiamiRicht/Brown29.3
2017 MiamiRicht/Brown25.91
2018 MiamiRicht/Brown21.7
2019 MiamiEnos25.55
2020 MiamiLashlee34.3
2021 MiamiLashlee34
2022 Miami (YTD)Gattis18.5

If Mario is insistent on running this type of offense we are going to have a rough 2-3 years until he can recruit the offensive lineman needed for this offense. My biggest worry is if he will be able to recruit at the level needed as the losses continue to pile. You can only recruit based on the hope of the future for so long, at some point recruits will want to see results before jumping into the ship. We'll be getting into that time period within the 2024 cycle.
This

I think the off-season goes like this..
Steele back to Sec.
Addae gets a few calls but stay.
Gattis is gone.
Ponce is on staff as OC if Mario strikes out.
Charlie Strong the DC.
I think Mario was smart in doing this. If Steele is leaving then we have a proven DC that is already on staff. Same could be said for Ponce. He's OCd at App St for a while and he runs the offense these kids run down in Miami/Broward are used to.

Lmao this offense is abominably worse than anything richt or even Enos put out there but ppl here try to blame it on the kids.

We’re scoring 16 pts less against P5 opponents than we did last year but ppl keep blaming the kids.

The slurpers have sold out to this coaching staff and are now having a tough time digesting reality.
Rambo and Harley was the offense last year. They're not running out of the tunnel anymore. Only X had any type of production of the returning starters this year and he didn't do much last couple seasons.

Advertisement
Rambo and Harley was the offense last year. They're not running out of the tunnel anymore. Only X had any type of production of the returning starters this year and he didn't do much last couple seasons.
Oh I'm sorry I thought Gattis had all off season to either bring in portal help or coach up these kids which were highly touted coming out of high school. I thought that's why we're paying him $1.8M and made him one of the highest paid OCs in the country. I mean how much talent do you need to beat the likes of mtsu and duke.

Advertisement
Those guys would be meh in this offense. There’s no space and play design by this staff to get the same matchups. Lashlee stayed scheming guys wiiiiiide open. From Mallory , Rooster , Arroyo, Harley , Rambo and Brevin the year before.

Rambo got all those 1 v 1 ‘s because of scheme.

Oh I'm sorry I thought Gattis had all off season to either bring in portal help or coach up these kids which were highly touted coming out of high school. I thought that's why we're paying him $1.8M and made him one of the highest paid OCs in the country. I mean how much talent do you need to beat the likes of mtsu and duke.
People act like Rambo and Harley were some studs before getting with Lashlee lol. Harley was considered a bum by Cis before a coach brought in an offense that exploited his strengths. Rambo was an absolute monster in that offense but couldn’t make an NFL roster. That’s what scheming does, makes guys look better than they really are.

You can’t change the offense mid season with a OC that can’t X’s and O’s an offense to save his life. Gattis sucks with his own offense, imagine having him run a different offense.

Mario mismanaged the staff hires and the offense. Any OC or DC that’s willing to join a program where their assistants are already picked for them most likely aren’t very good.

Mario squandered this year, and might lose his recruiting class all due to hard headedness and the pro style bro.

He better have a come to Jesus moment before it’s too late and fire gattis now to show that he understands what the actual problem is.

Last edited:
People act like Rambo and Harley were some studs before getting with Lashlee lol. Harley was considered a bum by Cis before a coach brought in an offense that exploited his strengths. Rambo was an absolute monster in that offense but couldn’t make an NFL roster. That’s what scheming does, makes guys look better than they really are.
100% Agreed

Advertisement
Those guys would be meh in this offense. There’s no space and play design by this staff to get the same matchups. Lashlee stayed scheming guys wiiiiiide open. From Mallory , Rooster , Arroyo, Harley , Rambo and Brevin the year before.

Rambo got all those 1 v 1 ‘s because of scheme.
I agree but when teams know you're not able to run the ball because the OL is a bunch of pansies and you're 1 deminsional, passing becomes that much tougher when they drop 6 or 7.

Advertisement
Hendon Hooker is another example. You don’t need nfl talent, you need to maximize the talent you have and build the kind of roster that will eventually help you win it all. Mario, like his hires went about it *** backwards and forced a **** scheme on kids that can’t execute it.

I agree but when teams know you're not able to run the ball because the OL is a bunch of pansies and you're 1 deminsional, passing becomes that much tougher when they drop 6 or 7.
We weren’t very good at running the ball last year either. It’s a problem but not the main problem.

Advertisement
Back