It's all about the X's & O's...

I haven't watched the game yet from Saturday. The mass hysteria has me chomping at the bit now! I don't believe there is 1 correct answer when it comes to schemes. Its more important to have good teachers on the staff than anything else. I am personally a proponent of a multiple offense or defense. You have to use the talent you do you have to win games though. I believe Enos was a good hire, he is qualified coach with a good resume. I enjoy football too much to just hate on everything Miami, everyday.

Advertisement
We lose to teams with less talent than us because they have better coaching.

Jimmy's & Joes are obviously most important, but that's dependent on recruiting & we don't recruit at a high level so in order to put ourselves in a better position to win more games we need exceptional coaching, which is X's & O's.

Because we don't pay money upfront we're not ever going to recruit at an elite level, so the only way for us to win now is to be the better coached team. Then once we win we'll recruit at a higher level.

The way to fix the problems our program has been having for the last 15 years is through Coaching.

This is pretty much is. The Coaches at the U now much earn their way to the top. Randy had the benefit of a relevant ship in the trophy case. These new coaches got nothing but .500

When they produce proof of concept then recruits will listen. The only way to provide proof of concept to smash the crap out of these garbage teams.

Because that wasn't his offense and he wasn't the OC. Mike Loksley was OC, Enos was QB coach. Satan may be evil but he isn't dumb.

So he didn’t learn anything being in that offensive room? He saw nothing in Locksleys offense that he liked and wanted to use? He literally brought over his playbook from his Arkansas regime? Then I blame Diaz for hiring him under those conditions. We signed him up to run the Bama offense not whatever he ran before then.

Mario already showed us once he was going to do what was best for him over being associated with this school remember?

He had a monster recruiting class set to sign, a solid, experienced OL and most importantly a 1st round QB returning.

He did what was best for him, again.

You’d work for Golden??

Advertisement
So he didn’t learn anything being in that offensive room? He saw nothing in Locksleys offense that he liked and wanted to use? He literally brought over his playbook from his Arkansas regime? Then I blame Diaz for hiring him under those conditions. We signed him up to run the Bama offense not whatever he ran before then.
I know I saw an interview where he said that his year at Bama taught him a lot especially about the spread offense and he planned to incorporate it.

Both Gundy and Leach recruit players which FITS their offensive system and philosophy! dUh That's why one sees a lot of HS upper-tier 3-Star and JC players excel at those schools. hUh
Again .... Never lied.... There is a reason T. Boone (RIP) had an issue with Gundy. With all the money he was pumping into the program he was ****ed they never landed the upper echelon players. Gundy literally recruits to the position. If he thinks a 3 star can do the job at X receiver for his offense regardless of combine numbers, he has no issue offering them a scholarship.

Advertisement
Again .... Never lied.... There is a reason T. Boone (RIP) had an issue with Gundy. With all the money he was pumping into the program he was ****ed they never landed the upper echelon players. Gundy literally recruits to the position. If he thinks a 3 star can do the job at X receiver for his offense regardless of combine numbers, he has no issue offering them a scholarship.

OKSU ain’t pulling no Elite kids man. They have nice facilities but aren’t even the best and they have no tradition. If you hire Gundy or Leach here it’s important to have someone on the staff with ties to Miami area to show them the ropes but it would be night and day for them. When the U is rolling it will recruit for itself.

OP hit it. It’s why I wanted Babers. Fit. Gundy would be awesome here too.

Look at what USC just did with its new spread and THIRD STRING QB against one of the most hyped defenses in college football.

UM is guilty of the same crap that used to kill Alabaga before Sabag. We’re too tied to what we used to be and listen too much to the old players and their longing for the JJ and Booch days. Until we stop trying to get the band back together this is what we are—an 8 win middle of the pack Coastal slug.

We keep insisting on playing slow and plodding because that’s what JJ did. Get under center run the clock down and out athlete everyone.

I agree he should have learned and he definitely talked the talk but we're seeing the same stuff he ran prior but maybe worse. Unfortunately tigers don't change their stripes, especially coaches.

Advertisement
@Dwinstitles I was on the phone last night with 2 Former UM players (who'll remain nameless)...(and not @dsddcane ) who told me UM has 4 assistant coaches who have Absolutely No business coaching at UM....
I'll take their word over anybody on this site..(excluding @dsddcane) take it for what its worth.
Unfortunately, until the formerly players stop this “bring back Soldinger and Booch” and all the other decayed **** we’ll keep trying this same antiquated model. They have too much say just like the old Bear guys at Alabaga used to.

OKSU ain’t pulling no Elite kids man. They have nice facilities but aren’t even the best and they have no tradition. If you hire Gundy or Leach here it’s important to have someone on the staff with ties to Miami area to show them the ropes but it would be night and day for them. When the U is rolling it will recruit for itself.
I agree you need someone with Miami ties....BUT we have guys with Miami ties on this staff and the last staff and how has that worked out with pulling ELITE kids.....I remember Jerry Jeudy's quote "savages play with savages." In fact your post is all the more reason to hire someone like Leach or Gundy.

I agree you need someone with Miami ties....BUT we have guys with Miami ties on this staff and the last staff and how has that worked out with pulling ELITE kids.....I remember Jerry Jeudy's quote "savages play with savages."

That has everything to do with the results on the field.

The fact that Herry Beudy even considered us was because we are the home town team but we gotta show more than what we’ve shown. The teams we recruit against are conference champions and conference runner ups.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, until the formerly players stop this “bring back Soldinger and Booch” and all the other decayed **** we’ll keep trying this same antiquated model. They have too much say just like the old Bear guys at Alabaga used to.
I agree @The Franchise ..I'm fully aware the Butch back at UM boat sailed...My only problem is I feel like we'd be in a whole lot better shape if he would have stayed or came back before 2015....I wanted Gary Patterson (so did JJ) in 2007, until the ******* Troll Shalala hired Shannon....Patterson would have put a Stranglehold on the weak *** Coastal...and Clemson might never have become what it has...

To me the issue with this team on both sides of the ball is scheme more so than personnel.

Particularly on Offense, I've felt we need to go to a Spread Offense since 2016 due to the fact we simply don't have the OL to run the scheme these play callers Miami keeps hiring wants us to run.

WE ARE NOT A POWER RUN UNDER CENTER "PRO STYLE" Offense. We don't have the OT's to protect long enough for 5-7 step Play Action drops & we don't have the the interior line to open up big holes & create sufficient run lanes.

We need to stop fighting against ourselves & transition to a Spread/Air Raid style offense, because 1) we have the Offensive weapons that fit that scheme perfectly & 2) it would neutralize having to always rely on the Defense to be more stout than they're capable of.

We should be beating teams off the fact we have speed & athleticism combined with making them defend the ENTIRE field. The exact same issues we had last year, we have this year, we're slow, predictable & easily shut down on Offense by any DC with half a brain because we don't apply any pressure to Defenses whatsoever, we play right into their hands.

In today's era of College Football you can manufacture yards without having elite talent all over the field, the name of the PACE & SPACE! When you don't have an elite OL with a bunch of maulers & road graders the one thing you don't do is put them in a position to lose by making them block longer than they should. In an uptempo offense the ball is moving quickly on both Pass & Run plays which makes it easier for the OL to sustain quicker blocking assignments & doesn't force them to deal with a pass rush they can't contain.

For whatever reason we keep getting these fckin play callers that think the way to solve our OL issues is to just let them get beat over & over again and then eventually they'll figure it out smfh. Jakai Clark, Zion Nelson, Donaldson & Scaife all looked like sh*t vs CMU, that to me speaks to the coaching staff not properly developing them & not teaching them correctly. It's un-fckin-believable that we haven't had an OL worth a **** in basically 5 years.

We play extremely slow as an offense with these long developing plays that get blown up in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped. We play with no tempo at all, we should be going at breakneck speed & forcing teams to pick their poison in what they wanna sellout to Defend. PACE & SPACE, you can run the ball effectively out of the Spread while still having a lethal passing attack going with multiple 4-wide sets & when you pickup the pace of play going tempo you keep the Defense on their heels & off balanced.

Look at most of the top 30 teams in Total Offense, Oklahoma, Wash St, Arizona, LSU, Utah St, UCF, Bama, Maryland, Wake Forest, Ok St, Oh St, SMU, Baylor, Texas, Memphis & Boise St, what do they ALL have in common... SCHEME, TEMPO (PACE) & SPACING. The specific scheme may differ from each team in terms of verbiage & play calling, but the concepts are all similar & the overall philosophy is very much the same... ATTACK YOUR OPPONENTS WEAKNESSES WITH YOUR STRENGTHS & SPREAD THE DEFENSE OUT TO OPEN UP THE FIELD.

I've seen enough on this slow antiquated 1995 under center Offense, we're not Wisconsin, or BC, or Iowa, or Michigan State, we don't have the players to run this type of Offense that our OC's keep wanting to run here. We need to get with the times & Spread the got **** ball out & start utilizing our skill players better putting them in position to succeed.

The reason why we always have a bunch of talented under utilized players is because we get these dictator OC's that wanna run these old *** overly & unnecessarily complicated offenses that take 4 years to learn the playbook, while simultaneously never actually yielding any results. What fckin sense does it make to run the most complex offense ever that essentially neutralizes your own skill players & debilitates your OLine & can still be easily beaten by FCS D Coordinators & teams with less talent?

Back in November of last year I made a thread about the next HC candidates I think would do well here, the top guys were Josh Heupel, Mike Norvell, Dino Babers & Neal Brown. My reasoning was, they would bring their high powered offenses to Miami with the caliber of athletes we have which would immediately increase offensive productvity which would get us easy W's vs teams that we're more talented than, which would then also put us in position to go on a run making us a more viable team in the Coastal, which would then make us more attractive to recruits.

Manny was not on my list. I like Manny & am willing to give him time to get it right realizing full well he's not gettin fired in year 1; what my hope is is that Enos gets hired somewhere else after this season (no he's not going to Mich St as a HC, if anything he'll go be a OC for another team or possibly get hired by a MAC/Sun Belt team as a HC) & maybe we can finally get smart & hire a guy from the Oklahoma Air Raid/Spread tree to put us in position to stop playing down to competition.
Yes man totally agree.

Show me a single shred of proof, a single sentence that says that.

Here's an article where Mario had zero problems signing a contract with a $10 million buyout, making him practically untouchable.

He was and is committed to Oregon.

BOT was prepared to buy out that contract.

That has everything to do with the results on the field.

The fact that Herry Beudy even considered us was because we are the home town team but we gotta show more than what we’ve shown. The teams we recruit against are conference champions and conference runner ups.
Bro he was going to bama... Sure he had the heart strings pulling for the home team and Ridley told him to do what is best for him, but he was Bama bound. Case in point... The summer between his fresh and soph year....I took some kids to the Saban camp, the same time the South Florida recruits were making their "tour." They had him practicing with junior and seniors and showing him "mad luv" (this is when Kiff was there). Jeudy is a good kid but he made a business decision and no amount of hometown luv and winning was going to make up for that.

Advertisement
Back