It was only a matter of time

Advertisement
I honestly hope the mods here just start banning people. I was really hoping for a good UM football board again. This place has potential

We will keep it clean. Report posts and we will move or delete them as we are notified.

Unlike the WEZ, this football board will be moderated. Most of us have a very good idea of what a quality football board looks like (circa late 90s, early 00s), so that will be the objective. New age "trolling" and whatnot will not be tolerated on the football board. Those threads/posts will be moved to WEZ (our first choice is not to delete anything) or into oblivion (if absolutely necessary).

I still don't get the insistence on being a ****. There are dozens of websites to troll and entertain yourself.

Advertisement
Also, it's simply impossible to moderate the board 24/7. Nobody expects you guys to have to be on here all the time to keep the clowns off the football board.

It's just one of those things, unfortunate really.

Again, we're all appreciative of this board and the job everyone has done so far. And frankly, anything is better than grassy these days lol.

Last edited:
Unlike the WEZ, this football board will be moderated. Most of us have a very good idea of what a quality football board looks like (circa late 90s, early 00s), so that will be the objective. New age "trolling" and whatnot will not be tolerated on the football board. Those threads/posts will be moved to WEZ (our first choice is not to delete anything) or into oblivion (if absolutely necessary).

I still don't get the insistence on being a ****. There are dozens of websites to troll and entertain yourself.

THANK YOU! I'm here to learn about and to discuss Canes football, not to read graffiti. Please make this site one that you [most of you] would not be embarrased to read to your mom.

Advertisement

Nope, but your avatar is a good reason for banning. It contributes nothing to the purpose of this board and identifies you as juvenile. Welcome to Ignore User.

Apologies to the adults here for the negativity, I would like to be talking football, but if this is going to be a serious Canes forum let's have the housecleaning now and be done with it.

I would not mind paying for a subscription to a site that does not accept vulgarity, a free site where one has to step around daily manure droppings costs too much--its price is the departure of serious posters and continuing devolution.

How about this:
1st offense- A private warning
2nd offense- A public warning
3rd offense (complaint is considered a third offense) Blocked

Once again, sorry, this is my last rant of this subject.

So you measure the status of a person by their Avatar? Please calm down with the self righteousness.

Girl in Avatar = Bad Poster
No Avatar = Good Poster

Wow, I need to jot that one down. You are taking this forum stuff far, far too seriously. But hey to each his own..

So you measure the status of a person by their Avatar? Please calm down with the self righteousness.

Girl in Avatar = Bad Poster
No Avatar = Good Poster

Wow, I need to jot that one down. You are taking this forum stuff far, far too seriously. But hey to each his own..

Your avatar will have nothing to do with how we moderate quality for the football board, but your avatar may be an issue for people who open this stuff up at work. We're discussing how to implement SFW avatars. It's easier for me because I mainly login from a personal computer, but a lot of people have complained that they can't open *any* threads (including football ones) at work for fear of a NSFW avatar. It's basically about consideration.

I must say, though, your avatar has an unworldly ***. Just incredible. I've watched those two steps at least 11 times.

Advertisement

Nope, but your avatar is a good reason for banning. It contributes nothing to the purpose of this board and identifies you as juvenile. Welcome to Ignore User.

Apologies to the adults here for the negativity, I would like to be talking football, but if this is going to be a serious Canes forum let's have the housecleaning now and be done with it.

I would not mind paying for a subscription to a site that does not accept vulgarity, a free site where one has to step around daily manure droppings costs too much--its price is the departure of serious posters and continuing devolution.

How about this:
1st offense- A private warning
2nd offense- A public warning
3rd offense (complaint is considered a third offense) Blocked

Once again, sorry, this is my last rant of this subject.

You can turnoff avatars and signatures in your settings until we figure out how to make SFW avatars.

simply dont see the problem with that avatar.. its amazing... sure i get the SFW thing.. but thats not what 'chuckles' wrote.... great avatar man.. keep up the good work

Advertisement
Not here to pick a fight with anyone. I am not self-righteous, to infer that because I believe in common decency is unwarranted (in the right place and time I can be as profane as anyone). My remark was based on something that exists (the avatar not the bootie?), the presumptuous response calling me self-righteous has no basis--except maybe to those who never learned basic good manners. It was not unexpected.

In fact the avatar shows an amazing shaped--albeit large--***, no doubt a metaphor for the poster's personality. Thankfully there is an ignore button for those who have seen nudity before. Glad to hear there are plans to work around it for the folks at work, some IT departments report this to management and it can end unhappily for the employee. Personally I would not fire anyone just on this but we would have a "come to Jesus meeting." (I put that in just to confuse and perplex) ;-)

By keeping the nudity and profanity to a minimum adult posters can avoid the attention seeking children who rarely have anything of substance, football wise, to offer. And, perhaps some women who are interested in UM football could also participate.

If there are no concerns about this board's degeneration from a source of good Canes football information and discussion into an infantile toilet stall graffity board I can choose not to post or not to read. It's all up to the mods to decide what they want to tolerate and I'm not that important. It's "macht nichts" to me.

Have to agree with Chuckles. Nothing I hate more than scrolling down with my 12 year old daughter looking over my shoulder and very quickly having to close the browser.

Love the board and the concept of adult Canes fans sharing their ideas about the team and University they love. Go Canes!!

You can turnoff avatars and signatures in your settings until we figure out how to make SFW avatars.

For those who wish to go that route look for the following in bold under Settings:

Thread Display Options
Visible Post Elements:
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

[QUOTE="Miami82, post: 24898"]You can turnoff avatars and signatures in your settings until we figure out how to make SFW avatars.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
Back