It was NOT a SAFETY

Advertisement
They might be hesitant to run him right into the pile with only Matocha and Rizk behind him
Could be it or he might not be any good at it, if that is possible. Maybe it is just me, that drives me crazy on 3rd and short though. He should be big enough to fall forward for a yard without any problem.

“No camera angle to see it”

Absolutely how we lost to UNC at home a few years ago on a back of the endzone touchdown that should not have counted.

Get better cameras and more angles for all games.

Also, **** Pitt, the play call and the no face mask. it wasn’t clear enough to overturn and call it a safety .

I remember that. I think Shaq blasted him and he was bobbling the ball all the way until he hit the ground. This board blew up and the announcers didn’t even say a word. They had a good angle like going to commercial but they weren’t reviewing it, it was just like b-roll footage as the announcers were talking about the TD.

Advertisement
Could be it or he might not be any good at it, if that is possible. Maybe it is just me, that drives me crazy on 3rd and short though. He should be big enough to fall forward for a yard without any problem.
I agree but therein lies the problem. When you run 99.9% of your plays from shotgun, it makes it really obvious that the one time you line up under center is to QB sneak.
I don’t think I’ve seen TVD take a single snap under center.
Only in victory formation

Advertisement
Knighton is still learning. He doesn’t run into as many people as he used to but on that play all he had to do was go straight, slightly to the left and there was an easy one or two yards. Instead he ran straight into multiple defenders. He will get it eventually. He has a bright future.
Edge or Willis might have blown that **** up for a 100

I agree but therein lies the problem. When you run 99.9% of your plays from shotgun, it makes it really obvious that the one time you line up under center is to QB sneak.

Yeah I get that. Big boy football though. Also could be used for some trickery too, on 3rd and short where you are going to go for it on 4th anyway, catch somebody slipping. I'm old school, I would much rather run play action than RPO. Slow developing RPO has not been very good for us, in my opinion. I see a lot of bad reads in college running rpo. Howell and TVD both look much better when you let them just sling it around. Is what it is.

Advertisement

TVD has not only run snaps from center in victory formation.

He has done it at least a couple of times during regular gameplay, including a fumbled snap the previous week against N.C. State which he recovered himself.

It wasn't a safety and the right call. They asked Narduzzi about it after the game (at 1 minute mark below) and you could tell he was salty about it but kept his mouth shut. That's how Narduzzi is though he tends to complain about everything haha.

Advertisement
Al Toon retired just as Amani Toomer was coming into the league.

Almani Tooner?
They always say the refs ***** us....well they didn't try to ***** us in that game which I'm ok with. But keep that same energy about the refs....I never make red excuses unless it's big like that Terry Porter play.
Always bytching about calls going against us and we get one in our favor and they bytch about that. SMDH

Why was the ball spotted on the 2 yard line to start the drive? Williams’ interception occurred at the 4. I looked at the ESPN play by play and there was no mention of any penalty after the change of possession that would have moved the ball back. The TV coverage broke away during the review and came back with us at the 2. 🤦‍♂️

Always bytching about calls going against us and we get one in our favor and they bytch about that. SMDH
I really don't like to complain about the refs I know that's the human element. If we were elite we would body without the ref mistakes or if they miss one that works for us.

Advertisement
Back