it was easier to get rid of jethro, hope williams is next

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Jethro had the USC contacts. Del Rio is a usc guy. one can only hope there is a delaware connect for williams somewhere lol

Advertisement
No one "got rid" of Jethro. He found another job.

I continue to say that the market place is the best indicator of one's real value. If Jethro really got an NFL D line coach offer, that should tell you something about his value in the marketplace.

he can't recruit so maybe nfl is better for him but market place is not a great argument. guy has been a journeyman, no one was beating door down. something went on behind scenes.

I continue to say that the market place is the best indicator of one's real value. If Jethro really got an NFL D line coach offer, that should tell you something about his value in the marketplace.

it's oakland. they are hardly an indicator of the marketplace

Advertisement

it's oakland. they are hardly an indicator of the marketplace

lol - point taken.

That said, Jethro is a bay area guy and will likely make more money next year than he did last. Im happy for him.

I havent spoken to him in about 15 years now. I can say that back in the day Jethro was our designated driver and group "daddy" while we were in college. He was sort of an old soul type guy. Everyone's older brother type. It was of no surprise that recruits would see him an an uncle (common reference to him from kids in recruiting interviews).

The thing abut recruiting is that its a young coaches game. It gets tougher and tougher to relate to HS athletes when you get into your mid-40's and beyond.

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro · 
Was told by booster they were told there would be changes to #UM staff after Signing Day. DL coach Jethro Franklin to #Raiders first move?

Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro · 
Was told by booster they were told there would be changes to #UM staff after Signing Day. DL coach Jethro Franklin to #Raiders first move?

No way this was planned in advance. I'm told only Urban Myer would do such things.

So does anyone think this was wise to wait till after to recruiting..... When it was clear kids were shying away from playing for these clowns?

Advertisement
Jethro had the USC contacts. Del Rio is a usc guy. one can only hope there is a delaware connect for williams somewhere lol

I don't think jethro was the problem. The root of the problem is and always be golden and his sorry *** defensive philosophy in this situation.

he can't recruit so maybe nfl is better for him but market place is not a great argument. guy has been a journeyman, no one was beating door down. something went on behind scenes.

You are not making much sense. Jethro received a job in the NFL as a D Line coach. That means he knows what he is doing. All this means is that Golden's scheme is not very productive

Well they didn't get rid off him. He got another job. So this is not the "change" the've been selling.
If he still wanted to be the DL coach next year he would be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can only pray Williams is next. Get rid of our two worst position coaches is a MAJOR win! Add Kevin Patrick and Mike Rumph and call it a day!

Jethro was probably told earlier that he may need to start makin moves. He made a **** good move. College >>NFL, payment upgrade off the rip.

Jethro was probably told earlier that he may need to start makin moves. He made a **** good move. College >>NFL, payment upgrade off the rip.

exactly. it was his usc connections. del rio is a usc guy plus franklin has coached in nfl. A few um staffers starting following Kevin Patrick when he was inducted into hall of fame. i wouldnt be surprised if he got it, that the plan was already in place.

Advertisement
Back