**** it - UVA Score Predictions Get in here

Advertisement

Every QB situation ranked......Jarren Williams is 87th.....write-up is interesting, "Perry came in in relief of Williams against VT and nearly secured the victory. Perry threw a bevy of turnover-worthy passes and had a below average grade despite throwing for over 400 yards." Again, he was not very good against VT.

Surprisingly, Perkins is 77th. He's been very disappointing. 2nd in the country in turnover-worthy passes, and only credited with 5 big time throws. Overall grade of 52.4, which is pretty terrible. Just like we did last year, gotta make him beat you with his arm.

SP+ has the game 27-20 Miami, FWIW

And that's where these advanced stats and metrics can fail IMO. UVA were looking ahead at ND the next week. That's in no way indicative of what to expect come Friday.

As for their offense -- it's limited, but I have no idea how you can confidently say we can stop any offense in the country right now. This is D'Nofrioesque levels of defense.

Advertisement
The real prediction is what way are we going to dig ourselves early into a hole this week?

ST? Defense? Show up 20 minutes late to the game?

The real prediction is what way are we going to dig ourselves into a hole this week?

ST? Defense? Show up 20 minutes late to the game?
Every week we find a new way.

The only constant is the soul-crushing self-immolation of Baxa.

Every week we find a new way.

The only constant is the soul-crushing self-immolation of Baxa.
And coming back - no matter how deep the hole is.

I absolutely did not cheer during the Deejay run. All I could see was 4 minutes remaining and knowing that was more than enough time to blow it.

Advertisement
And that's where these advanced stats and metrics can fail IMO. UVA were looking ahead at ND the next week. That's in no way indicative of what to expect come Friday.

As for their offense -- it's limited, but I have no idea how you can confidently say we can stop any offense in the country right now. This is D'Nofrioesque levels of defense.

Literally not even close to D'Onofrio. The defense is still 30th in the country in defensive YPP. We outgained VT by 200 yards and lost the game. The defense has surely regressed, no doubt, but how quickly people here forget. D'Onofrio-esque? We were 92nd in the country in defensive YPP in 2015, 82nd in 2013, and 100th in 2012. The redzone defense has been AWFUL and it's been so disappointing how the defense has failed to respond when we've really needed them, but D'Onofrio? Come on.

As far as your first point, I agree. I'm the first one who cites motivation when looking at games, and they surely weren't focused for ODU with ND the next week. But still.....failing to break 300 yards? Against Old Dominion. UVA is a solid, well-coached team. The line is Miami -2 for a reason, they're a decent team, and Miami is not really any better. But people are acting like this is a great team. They've average. It'll be a close game. Basically all Miami's games have been recently. But the 3 losses are by 4, 5, and 7 points. This isn't 2018 FSU, folks.

Literally not even close to D'Onofrio. The defense is still 30th in the country in defensive YPP. We outgained VT by 200 yards and lost the game. The defense has surely regressed, no doubt, but how quickly people here forget. D'Onofrio-esque? We were 92nd in the country in defensive YPP in 2015, 82nd in 2013, and 100th in 2012. The redzone defense has been AWFUL and it's been so disappointing how the defense has failed to respond when we've really needed them, but D'Onofrio? Come on.

As far as your first point, I agree. I'm the first one who cites motivation when looking at games, and they surely weren't focused for ODU with ND the next week. But still.....failing to break 300 yards? Against Old Dominion. UVA is a solid, well-coached team. The line is Miami -2 for a reason, they're a decent team, and Miami is not really any better. But people are acting like this is a great team. They've average. It'll be a close game. Basically all Miami's games have been recently. But the 3 losses are by 4, 5, and 7 points. This isn't 2018 FSU, folks.
Miami is a bad team that finds several ways to lose every game. Inevitably, bad teams also shut down mentally at some point and then the margin of defeat grows. That is especially common against a team with a much better coach (which UVA is) and a team that creates a massive matchup disparity (their DL vs. our OL). This game isn't going to be close.

Miami is a bad team that finds several ways to lose every game. Inevitably, bad teams also shut down mentally at some point and then the margin of defeat grows. That is especially common against a team with a much better coach (which UVA is) and a team that creates a massive matchup disparity (their DL vs. our OL). This game isn't going to be close.

I'll be waiting on the screenshot of your $1,000 betting slip showing UVA +2 and I'll be the first to congratulate you.

Advertisement

Don't look at what the stats tell you... what does your heart tell you?

Don't look at what the stats tell you... what does your heart tell you?

My heart (and brain) tell me that I've watched every single snap of every single Miami football game for the past 20 years multiple times, and this defense is in no way, shape, or form in the same universe as anything coached by Mark D'Onofrio. It's been an absolute disappointment, no doubt. But it's blasphemous to even hint that it resembles anything that fat ******* loser ever put out here.

Advertisement
Defense shows up late and wins the game on a turnover:

34 - 31 Canes
This team is a 4-8 team--likely one of the worst two in the worst division of the worst conference in the nation. Insult to injury; Duke and Pitt are not among us in our company at the bottom.

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Thinking about it that way raises my systolic blood pressure to 170.

Historically, ranked teams struggle in road games on thursday and friday nights. I think we beat UVA and the majority of the board acts like the first 5 games never happened.

Advertisement
Back