It not only on coaching

You can blame the coaching.
The players are also on the hook.
The dropped TD pass by 85 change the complexity of the game.
Instead of 14 to 3, we go y nothing.
The dropped passes are not excusable, the missed blocks are not excused for an experienced line.
Time for the older guys to step up.
And all of that goes back to coaching. Its not just the teaching aspect of coaching but the leadership aspect of coaching that is overlooked in posts like this. It all goes back to coaching one way or another. It always starts at the top.

Advertisement
In truth, it's about 35% coaching and 65% the worst God **** piece of **** incompetent administration in all of college football.
images.jpeg

Will Mallory lost the game. The players are just not that good.

The work to train 24-7 with no off season is ignored you see the fruits of teams training habits it’s glaring and ignored.

Huge blow out loses coming, plausible deniability to be applied till BOOM crash then WE DIDN’T KNOW.

This is college football pal, not the Pros. HS talents go to college to learn how to train better, focus better and absorb (good) coaching like a sponge. They learn how to block better, move better and catch better and not drop the ball. Basically go to college to change from boy football players to men football players. How do they make that leap? Good coaching. This development is not "automatic" just because they spend 2-3 years in college.

Advertisement
Has Mallory gone to UGA, Clemson, Alabama or even UINC you wouldn't have called him "not that good".
That year we signed up the best 2 TE's in the country. The result? After 3 years, not that good.

Last edited:
Coming out of high school

Devonta Smith was the #34 wr
Henry Ruggs was #23 wr
Mac Jones was #17qb
John Metchie was #52 wr

Alabama turned these guys into outstanding college players. We may not get 5 star guys but have always had access to players with these rankings. Are they just lucky to find them?

It is development and putting those players in position to win. But its also an eye for a kid that will thrive under your training.

We judge kids on their ability to execute. If he executes consistently we say he's good and if he's inconsistent he's bad. This is not nearly as easy to fix as some think otherwise Saban wouldn't need to find 5 star guys all he'd have to do is just go get 20 kids and turn them all into champions.

Nothing he can do at this point with Manny's staff, but if I remember correctly Chris Chambers had some sort of wr training thing that he was trying to do for Devante Parker. Pay the man next summer and let him work with some of the guys. He can add to Likens game as well.

Maybe Miami needs to spend a little more on specialized technique coaching. It wouldn't cost a lot but it would help a lot.

I do agree that our players aren't very good though.

How can you say its not on coaching when the head coach does not practice in full pads?

What does the team do well? Seriously.

Block, tackle, run, pass, make adjustments, game plan, player development?

Somebody help me answer, what does this team do well.

Advertisement
Lispy can’t develop players. Rick couldn’t develop players nor Folden nor Shannon nor Clappy the list goes on and on. What this administration did to this program ranks it as probably the worst in college football history. Dee, Hockutt and of course the bottom of the barrel Jake Blames has completely gutted the football program and I don’t see it getting back to prominence for at least a decade perhaps more.

Yo, wtf removed the middle finger emoji? It would have sufficed for this bull**** thread.

Tell what me what 53 and 5 even marginally well? MSU ran consistently on 53's side when he was on the field.

Advertisement
You can blame the players if this was once but they do this all the time. That's 100% on coaching.
I agree it coaching, but you can’t coach a player to catch important passes. They either do or they don’t and right now they just aren’t and the OP is right in that one sense that a 14-3 game looks and feels a lot different.

Tell what me what 53 and 5 even marginally well? MSU ran consistently on 53's side when he was on the field.

One of the head scratchers is what Gil isn’t playing more. Carter has been bad - whiffs way too much on tackles and is one of the worst in that regard. 53/44/17/5/26/8/7 are absolute non factors on defense and to a lesser extent, 96 as well. Time for new blood. Happy to see 0/24 get more burn but need to start giving reps to some of the other kids (56/41/etc).

Advertisement
Back