It needs to be said

MizCane

Senior
The overwhelming majority of these highly touted recruits are straight up punk momma boys. You literally have to hold their hand and baby them through the whole process or they whine and moan about not feeling at home or whatever else they decide is a reason for committing somewhere. I'm not just saying it's the kids we recruit it's all around the country and S Fl kids definitely lead the pack.

We all know it's about ****** W's. Let's quit acting like you want an education because if you did, we wouldn't be waiting til the last second to figure out if your Disney class can be admitted through the clearinghouse.

It starts and ends with the home environment. You can draw the conclusion yourself from that one comment. Let's not play dumb.

Advertisement
Coaches are really at the mercy of these kids when it comes to recruiting

Get them to sign on the dotted line. ALEC BALDWIN Glengarry Glen Ross gif for ****'s sake. It's the staff's job. More diva than ever before? Entitlement generation? Attention seeking whores? Zero ***** given. Adapt. Staff needs to do the job they're paid to do.

34.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
The overwhelming majority of these highly touted recruits are straight up punk momma boys. You literally have to hold their hand and baby them through the whole process or they whine and moan about not feeling at home or whatever else they decide is a reason for committing somewhere. I'm not just saying it's the kids we recruit it's all around the country and S Fl kids definitely lead the pack.

We all know it's about ****in W's. Let's quit acting like you want an education because if you did, we wouldn't be waiting til the last second to figure out if your Disney class can be admitted through the clearinghouse.

It starts and ends with the home environment. You can draw the conclusion yourself from that one comment. Let's not play dumb.

Disney Class! Whoa, that's some funny stuff there. Sounds about right for some of these kids.

10.gif

Get them to sign on the dotted line. ALEC BALDWIN Glengarry Glen Ross gif for ****'s sake. It's the staff's job. More diva than ever before? Entitlement generation? Attention seeking whores? Zero ****s given. Adapt. Staff needs to do the job they're paid to do.

I agree 100%. There should be a date in the summer before your SR year in high school to where you can sign a LOI you are bound by and if you sign that LOI you cannot visit another school.

this isn't new. It's like this in every sport. Gotta play the game and win. Another thing Miami is losing at, despite having the advantage that proximity offers.

Home environment? Lol.. most kids come from broken homes and single parents. That didn't stop Butch, Jimmy, Dennis, etc... it's not stopping Jimbo, Nick, Urban, etc

It all comes down to people holding kids on a pedestal, from getting away with referrals and detention, to slap on the wrist for real crimes. No one wants to put responsibility on a kid in high school because they are, "just kids" they are going to be living on their own soon and do not need someone to hold their hand through a process, maybe they need guidance, but they don't need family and coaches going on visits with them. They are not taking the classes for you, not going to practices for you. When you graduate, fail, get a check, a ticket, expelled, etc. It doesn't say, Miami Central's Trevor Darling, or Mr and Mrs Darling's son. It says Trevor Darling. Put the responsibility on the kid. He will be the one eating the food, no one else.

Advertisement
The big time programs are dealing with the same "divas" and they still seem to be getting it done. Its the nature of the generation and today's kids.......make it happen! If it were easy any of us could do it for $100k/yr instead of someone getting $3m year to do it

Add poor family structure to the list of excuses for when we lose a kid.

I really do not think that "the overwhelming majority" of these kids are divas. I think it just seems that way based on the way the internet businesses (like this site) cover recruiting. Think about it. Take a look at the ESPN Top300 (or any other services top list of HS seniors), the bulk of these kids, were recruited, took visits, narrowed their lists and then committed to the school & program they chose. Its only the very few who play things out all the way til NLOI day (and sometimes beyond) who get the attention for being drama queens.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is a famous, old expression because no one ever says "wow those other 3 wheels are spinning perfectly smooth…" :)

We all know it's about ****in W's. Let's quit acting like you want an education because if you did, we wouldn't be waiting til the last second to figure out if your Disney class can be admitted through the clearinghouse.

Disney Class! Whoa, that's some funny stuff there. Sounds about right for some of these kids.

10.gif

Hey, if it is coded as Florida History it should float. Or maybe local Social Studies? We could be on to something here. Is it too late to get Gray enrolled in a couple? If we throw in one on the history of admission prices we could make it a math class. I'm certified in math and grew up in CC. I'll teach it for Gray on weekends.

Advertisement
I used to work with The FORMER OC @ Pitt. He got fed up with his livelihood depending on a bunch of 17 & 18 year old divas...and this was before Internet recruiting.

He knows my passion for the Canes, so he told me a recruiting story about Horace Copeland. he would sit outside Horace's house for hours waiting for him to come home for their meetings. Always being late infuriated this guy, but Horace kept professing is love/committment to PITT.

Days, weeks and months passed and Horace swore he would be sending his paperwork into PITT.

My buddy spoke to Horace the morning of NSD and Horace again confirmed that he would be faxing his paperwork into PITT from his high school. he kept assuring his HC the paperwork was coming....imagine his surprise.

The point is......these kids have been divas for years. The Internet and recruiting services have just made it more public.

Recruiting is a mutual game of deception. The school tells the recruit you are our #1 guy while the recruit tells the school you are my #1 school. Both have other priorities.

It ain't done till the kid is cleared by the NCAA and the U.

Advertisement
How come LSU, Bama, FSU, etc. don't have problems getting these "divas"

Why don't they seem to be "at the mercy" of these kids when it comes to recruiting

(these are rhetorical questions)

Advertisement
Back