It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

When I see him lined up out wide it literally makes me upset.

Problem is our top TE who is experienced, can block and catch (Arroyo) can’t stay healthy. And when he comes in he looks lost lining up and playing at game speed

Skinner is more of a WR than a TE

And Riley Williams is still young and prob not fully ready or have the strength to be consistent

Also our QB is falling apart physically and mentally so our downfield or schemed up passing game doesn’t exist .

so I’m sure the staff feels better having McCormick given his experience and blocking ability

Advertisement
This situation is just the $#!tz…no other way to look at it.
IMG_5397.jpeg

I'm just hoping this was injury related. He got a lot of **** for the UNC game, but even in that one he looked decent. This was just a full blown ****show. He's a much better QB than this performance today.

This is why I was saying that if he's still hurt I'd prefer going with Emory one more week. Cause a perfomance like this can **** a QB up even longer if he doesn't bounce back quickly against NCSt. And he clearly gives us a better chance to win against FSU than Emory, regardless what some of yall wanna believe. Obviously not if he plays like this, but this is almost certainly just about his worst performance of his career. Lets hope he has a major bounce back game against NCST and is fully healthy next week.
He played as badly/worse vs unc in 2021 and MTSU last year.

He has a game this bad about 1/8 games. Ten games played year 1, 7 games year 2 (not counting fsu and Pitt which were horrible but he got hurt and didn’t play enough to count), 7 games this year = 24 games with one horrible game each year.

I agree if he plays really well he gives us a better chance to win against fsu, but there is a middle area with him between great plays and horrible ones that really doesn’t mesh well with Mario’s gameplan

Advertisement
TVD is injured and isn’t playing well but if the mob’s solution to beating FSU is Emory they need to have their head examined.

I hope Emory is a stud and I’ve been crazy high on him since watching him live at the Spring game but he’s not going to beat FSU.
while I kind of agree with you, I also think we would’ve lost to Clemson with TVD playing the way he’s played the last few games

Advertisement
Advertisement
You forgot last year? He now has a consistent pattern...Once he throws that first interception, his confidence is gone. He will proceed to throw another interception and make terrible decisions. His safety blanket his X and is going to throw to him no matter what.
Rinse and repeat every game...

Next week WHEN TVD lights up NCST the naysayers may change their tune

If Mario thought Emory would give us a better chance to win he would start Emory

TVD has been in a slump - I attribute it to injuries

The play-calling needs to improve

Play to TVD’s strengths

Brody says “at this point we don’t need a quarterback we’re just running the ball every single play anyway”
Oh My Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Something happen to this dude during the bye week. He is not right upstairs, I hope he gets it together becuSe he is a baller.
Bro I’m crazy so I recognize when someone ain’t right in the head. I think something happened to dude during the bye week. I don’t buy that zone **** either.

Okay, TVD starts the rest of the year. Cristobal knows if we go to Emory, Van Dyke's career is over. If VD starts, we go 6-6 or 7-5. If Emory starts, we go 6-6 or 7-5. I think Mario doesn't want to be the guy to do that to Tyler. The kid is coming back his senior season, so I think TVD will hit the portal and transfer to "start over and change things up". I think he is the issue through coaching staff changes, schemes, and play execution. He is the one and most important person that ties it all together.

Advertisement
Back