It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

When we remember to use Colbie like we did against Clemson we won the game the Offense started moving…

When we run the offense through X or George short game stuff the O struggled verticallly

Its really sad we mis use him
But the "stat geeks" and "football guys" will try and convince you targets don't matter.

Advertisement
There’s no defending today. We literally started at the 40 most drives and came away with no points on most of them. With all the physical issues he needs to just avoid the deep ball unless it’s man to man and a jump ball , back shoulder situation. He’s fine on most of the intermediate stuff. Or put another qb in if you know there’s an issue driving the ball.
At this point it’s on Mario

Maybe he realized late in the game because he legit took the ball out of Tyler’s hand when we took the knee with two TOs in our pocket to go to OT

And then in said OT we run the ball over and over till we got that fletcher TD

But the "stat geeks" and "football guys" will try and convince you targets don't matter.
You’ve got to show your willing to test the ball deep on a 50-50 throw with your 6’5 WR who has proven he can win those…

It forces the defense to shade a safety over and lightens the box and the coverages on X/George.

Advertisement
At this point it’s on Mario

Maybe he realized late in the game because he legit took the ball out of Tyler’s hand when we took the knee with two TOs in our pocket to go to OT

And then in said OT we run the ball over and over till we got that fletcher TD
Showing up flat today and after bye weeks is still a major issue. That’s coaching.

I think another issue with the off coverage and zone you have to use touch or throw guys open. That’s not a strength , he’s not consistent.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Exactly!!!

He had X open on that INT for just a very brief moment and the ball must get there quickly and dropped right in there. Not a lot of room for error. But he was a little late and floated it just enough to let that DB get to it.

Be more decisive and zip that ball in there and everyone will marvel at the throw.

You’ve got to show your willing to test the ball deep on a 50-50 throw with your 6’5 WR who has proven he can win those…

It forces the defense to shade a safety over and lightens the box and the coverages on X/George.
You also need to get guys touches so they get in rhythm. Vs expecting them to stay ready for 3 qtrs as decoy and come up big at the last minute.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does Rosier, Perry, Jarren Williams, and King all have in common that TVD doesn't?

The answer to this is actually where most of my dislike towards him come from.

My favorite part of all of this was his answer when he was interviewed. “I have to prepare better”. Like what the **** were you doing the last 2 weeks other than pushing Emory Williams at the end of the Clemson game to celebrate with him. Doesn’t seem like he’s an eat, sleep, breathe football guy that Mario is looking for.

Showing up flat today and after bye weeks is still a major issue. That’s coaching.

TVDs at what 6 or 7 INTs In the last four weeks? With him missing last week… lol you can coach and have the best rah rah speech but if your QB I’d giving the ball away at that frequency your gonna play like ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back