It is okay to be critical of TVD now?

Advertisement
Guy can't move, has no NFL potential..
Just looks soft an lethargic..
doesn't look like he's spent a day in the gym ..
Give fresh the reps..

I’m talking formations , more motion other than BS occasionally coming on an orbit motion. Using te’s as Ol or the same routes. Go watch UVA’s creativity and getting the matchups they want with their notions. It was mostly 1 man reads. Tvd is playing awful but you can scheme up more qb friendly stuff. The offenses has slowly been transitioning back to Gattis formations.
This. Dawson isnt getting a pass from me just cuz TVD is now dog****. He did nothing to make it easy for TVD. Run up middle, tunnel screen, go 4 wide with mccormick so basically 3 wide and now 1 less blocker. Repeat. Repeat again. Way too much of this ****.

TVD used to kill it with RPO's in Lash's scheme. Where did that go? Seriously? How TF can you not review tape on what works best for your QB and have that in your back pocket for when he's in a funk.

Advertisement
The OL gave him like 6 seconds a few times and he went to check down. Dude is shot. And the check downs were like some side arm sh with no mechanics at all. No one be near him at times

I'm not kicking him to the curb yet despite him being the #1 reason this game was far closer than it needed to be. First, I don't think he's healthy. Second, I think DCs have enough tape on him to know how to get him to see what they want him to see. I would like to see a little creativity from Dawson to counteract that. Every time I hear some one say that it's not Dawsons fault because WRs were open, I think of the hundreds of times fans said that to defend Gattis. What are we seeing this year - formations getting tighter and tighter. What did we see with Gattis? WRs creeping towards the OL so much it looked like our base was formation was a goal line offense.

I’m talking formations , more motion other than BS occasionally coming on an orbit motion. Using te’s as Ol or the same routes. Go watch UVA’s creativity and getting the matchups they want with their notions. It was mostly 1 man reads. Tvd is playing awful but you can scheme up more qb friendly stuff. The offenses has slowly been transitioning back to Gattis formations.

Virginia needs "creativity" because they're terrible. Georgia doesn't need creativity. If we're claiming that TVD is a good QB and south Florida has legitimate skill players, we shouldn't need to invent new looks.

Advertisement
This. Dawson isnt getting a pass from me just cuz TVD is now dog****. He did nothing to make it easy for TVD. Run up middle, tunnel screen, go 4 wide with mccormick so basically 3 wide and now 1 less blocker. Repeat. Repeat again. Way too much of this ****.

TVD used to kill it with RPO's in Lash's scheme. Where did that go? Seriously? How TF can you not review tape on what works best for your QB and have that in your back pocket for when he's in a funk.

The lack of RPO.
The huddling.
The pace.
The bunching the box.

This is not a modern offense.

Virginia needs "creativity" because they're terrible. Georgia doesn't need creativity. If we're claiming that TVD is a good QB and south Florida has legitimate skill players, we shouldn't need to invent new looks.
UGA has had a very creative offense until this year and you see them struggling more to score. Bowers constantly gets those matchups because of motion and route concepts. Them losing Monken and his mixture of spread / pro concepts has set them back dramatically. They can still out talent people but it will bite them when they meet equal or close to equal opponents.

So what happens for next year......he is not getting drafted(obviously). We have to go through all of this next year?

Advertisement
The film don't lie..just rewatching a few drives...
He can't beat Louisville or the Noles ..so someone else is going to have to help us/him if we want a chance in those games.

I could tell after the opening drive that he was off. And that's the problem, once he gets into a rut there is no way out, he can't shake it off. He is incredibly lucky that the defender dropped an EASY 3rd pick which might have sealed the deal. This is his 4th year in the program, at this point he is who he is. Completely un-draftable right now which will lead to an interesting offseason decision for TVD. I hope he moves on and we go grab a portal QB to compete with Emory. Even if he does decide to return, Mario needs to tell him that they are bringing in a portal QB and it will be an open competition and see if TVD flinches.

He is feeling no pressure, Mario needs to openly say they want to get Emory more snaps in practice and put the heat on TVD to see if he will fold. Other players fumble and they get sent to the bench, TVD needs to be held accountable by the staff.

Advertisement
His mechanics look that way for a reason. He’s literally using arm and not much else.
So why is he playing? Are we really better off with a crippled TVD than a fully healthy Emory who's practicing and executing the full offense?

Tyler doesn't want to be on the field. There's nothing about his game or his body language that says otherwise. A very promising year has turned into a all star break scenario - are we buyers (stay with TVD) or are we sellers (roll with the youngster).

I'm a seller. Give EW the keys and lean on the OL, Rbs, AB and the D.

He has always been a one trick pony to me. He can throw a pretty deep ball against man or wide open receivers, but that's about it. Last couple of seasons DCs have made sure that he doesn't get those deep ball opportunities by showing him a lot of cover 2/3 and quarters. He has struggled to be consistent against defenses who force him to drive down the field to score

Having said all that, i would still rather have him start if it means we will be seeing the neutered offense that Williams was running vs Clemson

Advertisement
Back