It Aint Richt! (Yet)

Like i saidbigest weaknesses r OL DBs and rb.....i got killed for saying running back wheb we pmayed three cupcakes.....they said they had good stats lmao

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of the RPO cause kayaa can't run plus he sucks at reading the defensive ends when they crash down the line of scrimmage. If he kept the ball and ran once or twice it would open things up. But he has been horribly inaccurate with his passes. On that 4th and 2 vs UNC richt called a great play and if brad doesn't throw behind njoku it's a TD. Richt is the coach so he's gotta adjust but kayaa has to play better. No more happy feet. Everyone wants to say he's tough and he might be but I'd like to see him stand tall in the pocket read the defense and make accurate passes. Yes the OL is not a elite. But their not as horrible as you think. They give him good pockets most of the time so he shouldn't be so gun shy. I just wish richt was a little more fiery. He should be ripping the officials a new one every game for the horrible calls they make and the obvious calls they miss. Here's to hoping we can right the ship and beat VT and ND and gets things going in the right direction again.
You don't need a running quarterback to run rpo. It's a simple hand off / quick slant opposite side or hitch on same side. It's a very basic play that had many variations and can be run by immobile quarterbacks just fine

The problem is kaaya reading the plays wrong and not choosing the correct option

The only issue I really thought was a problem was the offensive staff. Thomas Brown is your Co-Offensive Corrdinator? He is a running backs coach. Why not involve Searles in the passing game? Dugans doesn't draw up plays either. Harbaugh brought Fisch in to help with the passing game and expose team weaknesses.

Richt can call plays during the game but what are the plays? How many formations and sets has he in his ****nal? Not many from what I can see. I think he underestimated how much responsibility is it now he has no one on that staff that can help him with an offensive game plan.

We are not playing to our strengths on offense much like we did not play to our strengths on defense in Doritos tenure.

Spread the field with multiple receivers and TE and play Kaaya out of SG.

Until CMR gets his guys in -and he will- it is what it is

THIS!!!!! Until COACH figures out that all this footwork with KAAYA is making things worse, we will continue down the same path on offense. WE simply need to line up and throw the ball. Until KAAYA is throwing 2-3 interceptions a game don't blame him. WE NEED TO GET THE BALL DOWN VERTICALLY DOWN THE SEAMS. COMPLEX WR routes not 7 and out, not quick slants, not curls. COMPLEX rub routes. KEEP RB in to max protect.

We would be 6-0 and talking playoffs, if our players could have made ONE ****ing play out of dozens of chances in both the FSU and UNC games.

I counted SEVEN times where we should have had an easy TD against UNC, and either Kaaya tanked the throw, our recievers dropped the ball, our ball carriers got run down with a 5 yard head start by slow white guys, or the O Line didnt even attempt to block.

That offense looked LAME, slow, conservative and awful. BUT if the players could have executed, it would have looked a lot more exciting with 4-5 more TDs.

CMR is the reason the last three games were not blowout losses. They would have been under Folden.

Team never quit, even after continuous awful play by Kaaya and the OL.

Most of the players on O are second and third rate, who also play worse than they should. Face it. Kaaya is terrible. The RBs are at the best serviceable, IF we had a competant OL which we do not. The recievers are a mix of career pass droppers, Mr. Glass, and some younger guys who cannot be rated cause we have no QB.

Want to blame someone? How about every Bolshevik Subhuman here who apologized for Golden for 5 years, and kept saying our recruiting classes where "Very Good, we filled the spots we needed". I say we round up every Golden supporter and send them to the Hague for trial!

I'll be the first to call for a banner when CMR starts to Corch. If he has Kaaya as a starter in 2017, hes basically saying "F--- You Canes Fans! I'm here for life" and its time for pitchforks.

He also needs to get rid of that Fredo guy coaching QBs, and probably crucify the STs coach as an example.

Sorry, but I am calling 100% bulllshat on this. We scored 19 pts and 13pts against two bad defenses, even though this offense returned 10 starters and was supposed to be the strength of the team. The offense looks much, much worse this year than last year (with these same players). How is that not on coach Richt (the OC)?? How?

I know what my eyes see and its bad playcalling and bad scheming. We aren't utilizing the talent or taking advantage of mismatches. For example, we didn't utilize the middle of the field AT ALL with the TE's vs FSU. We aren't taking any shots down the field (vertical passing game in non existent), even though we have 3 legit deep threats starting (Coley, Njoku and Richards). And yes, Njoku IS a deep threat and a matchup nightmare. That is on coach Richt! Period!

FSU was down two starters in the secondary and had Ermon Lane playing safety, and he was only moved to there from the WR position 2 weeks prior. THAT IS ON COACH RICHT! He is the OC.

I understand the need to protect Richt and to throw everyone, but him under the bus, to protect the narrative, but come the **** on, man! It's the playcalling and the scheming, and it is obvious. Richt has stunk as an OC, and there isn't a man/woman alive that can convince me otherwise. If he were merely even AVERAGE as an OC/playcaller this season (average and not elite) we'd be sitting at 6-0.

13 points vs a bad UNC defense and 19 points against a bad FSU defense, with a decimated secondary and Ermon Lane holding down the fort at safety. Let that sink in!

But it ain't Richt? GTFOH

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back