It’s rosier’s 4th career start

brock

All-American
Adjust your expectations accordingly.... He looked very well at times and then was inconsistent at others however that was all not on him. There was a few plays he could have stood in the pocket but got antsy and ran into pressure however they were also many plays were the receivers route combination didn’t make sense given what duke was doing from the second corner on. Their 8 men in the box was giving us fits as it should physically it’s impossible to block 8 with 5 lineman period. To help malek out we should have had more of those slants across the middle like on ahmmon’s td because it was open all night. We have a few things to work on but it’s a good start. Have seen a lot of positives in maleks game and arm. Those down the field throws to berrios and richards 2x were beautifully placed dimes. Not to mention he got drilled on that throw to berrios but it still was a perfect pass. Malek also picked up a couple of first downs rushing the ball which was nice to see. While he had a lot of good plays he also had some bad ones like the opening drive in the second half where he threw to Walton. Bad throw period. The int I want to say he was hit trying to throw the ball which is why it sailed. Overall another good performance by rosier and he will continue to improve.
15-26 270 yards 2 td 1 int, had a couple of dropped passes tonight. Richards called for pass interference on a td throw as well
15 rushes 45 yards 1 td.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rosier is more accurate, more poised, throws a better deep ball, and is a better overall qb than Kaaya.

Who were all the ppl saying we were going to wish Kaaya was still here??

Rosier needs spend sometime with George Whitfield Jr.

[video=youtube_share;SrouLfAq36A]https://youtu.be/SrouLfAq36A[/video]

Advertisement
He was throwing deep ball passes on the money while being hit under pressure that's a special arm talent.

No issues with Rosier
Play calling and getting him in bad 3rd downs is concern
And ol unable to smash mouth someone is problematic too

Advertisement
No issues with Rosier
Play calling and getting him in bad 3rd downs is concern
And ol unable to smash mouth someone is problematic too

Play calling is not a concern... you just think football in real life has to look like the times you play ncaa football on easy mode.

Don't want to jump the gun but he reminds me of the type of player that shows up on game day. Strong leader and poise. Not the most gifted QB but just a winner. At Miami that's what we've been missing at QB

Adjust your expectations accordingly.... He looked very well at times and then was inconsistent at others however that was all not on him. There was a few plays he could have stood in the pocket but got antsy and ran into pressure however they were also many plays were the receivers route combination didn’t make sense given what duke was doing from the second corner on. Their 8 men in the box was giving us fits as it should physically it’s impossible to block 8 with 5 lineman period. To help malek out we should have had more of those slants across the middle like on ahmmon’s td because it was open all night. We have a few things to work on but it’s a good start. Have seen a lot of positives in maleks game and arm. Those down the field throws to berrios and richards 2x were beautifully placed dimes. Not to mention he got drilled on that throw to berrios but it still was a perfect pass. Malek also picked up a couple of first downs rushing the ball which was nice to see. While he had a lot of good plays he also had some bad ones like the opening drive in the second half where he threw to Walton. Bad throw period. The int I want to say he was hit trying to throw the ball which is why it sailed. Overall another good performance by rosier and he will continue to improve.
15-26 270 yards 2 td 1 int, had a couple of dropped passes tonight. Richards called for pass interference on a td throw as well
15 rushes 45 yards 1 td.

Moar Paragraphs!

Rosier in the 1st quarter was as good as I've ever seen Kaaya during his time here. Don't know what happened in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I attribute that to porous O-line play and Rosier failing to adjust. There was one play where he literally scrambled right into the lineman. On a positive note, it's better than standing there in the pocket like a statue. One thing I've consistently noticed with Rosier is that he doesn't wait an extended period of time for receivers to get open; he has the internal clock set to know when he should start getting out of the pocket and scrambling.

Advertisement
how many straight pass plays were called in that stretch, 15?

Something like that. Richt seems to get caught on rails. He really needs to mix things up better. It's hard for me to believe the same guy that called the 15 or something pass plays in a row made the great call with the fake to Walton/QB keeper on 3rd down later in the game. Frustrating.

Wish Malik would have found this focus when Kayaa was here. He could have pushed him and maybe even won the job and be even better today.

Advertisement
Make sure you glean nothing at all out of his game play. Just look at the win/loss column. Brilliant analysis.

At the end of the day, what the *** else matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you look in the mirror, do you see a block of wood looking back at you?

Naw. I see a young, handsome, AA king...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love his game. He definitely has things to work on, but he can be special if he keeps improving. One thing id like to see him do is keep his eyes down the field when hes rolling out. Defenses are going to start closing in more when they see him scramble. Would make our offense a lot more unstopable if he can create time with his legs until somebody gets open

Advertisement
Back