It’s over

Advertisement
I would argue a lot of those deaths died with Covid, not from Covid.
That’s likely. And there probably some that got Covid and were never tested and some died from it and was never counted.

Either was a lot of people died and some of the deaths could’ve been prevented had it been handled differently.

Are you trying to be dense on purpose? Look at what happened during the Flu Pandemic of 1918, same **** happened. Most of the people complied, but some didn't and paid the price (there was even an anti-mask league. Philadelphia lost a lot of people because of their "parade" and when San Fransisco opened up too early, they paid the price as well. A contagious pandemic is temporal, it has a short shelf life. If you know anything about history, plagues, and mass deaths are not all that uncommon. The whole point of trying to stop the spread is to stop what's happening right now. If enough people get it, then a **** load of people are going to die. Because it's not as deadly as other strains actually helps it stick around, because it makes it easier to spread.

If you guys don't want to follow the medical experts then you guys are a ******* entitled, dumb *** generation that deserves all the misery you sow. You said you were in the marines right? If we had to storm a compound and take out some sick terrorist *****, I'm going to follow what you say, because you are the expert on military tactics right? I'm not going to ask whether you're Democrat or Republican, I'm going to follow your lead, my life depends on it! Now, that the medical experts are telling you what you need to do, you question there every **** statement and suggestion??? WTF is wrong with you people? The internet has ruined your ******* minds, you guys think you know ****, but you don't know jack ****. One example, Dr. Fauci said to wear it, then not wear a mask, he doesn't know ****!!! Wrong dumbass, the COVID virus is a Novel virus, which means it's new. Fauci was just relaying information that the experts were telling him based on the best information possible. It's a fluid situation, so they had to correct course like they're supposed to. Stop acting like **** whining prima donnas, and follow the **** medical experts so we can get out of this mess, and save as many people as possible.

Lastly, my mother works as an administrator at a local hospital as a hospital administrator. They had to open up an extra three whole floors for extra covid patients and have now (since a week and a half ago) started turning patients away. Most of those patients went to hospitals all the way in Broward. When Covid first hit, she said, they didn't have any patients for the whole first three months. She's been involved in the hospital business for over 40 years, she said this is the worst she's ever seen. Her advice to me was that this is a very strange disease and the reason Doctors are freaked out about it, is that it affects people in different ways. (everything from mild to no symptom, to life-threatening damage to your lungs and heart, and of course death). This is not something you want! Why would my mother be blowing smoke up my ***? Also, she's voted for a Republican in every election since Ronald Reagan. Take the politics out of it, stop thinking you know all there is to know about this virus, because not even the experts know what the **** this virus is truly about. Be patient, and instead of sowing dissent and supporting wing nut theories, be responsible and prudent and help save lives. Trump's biggest failure was not to take this pandemic seriously. He said so many irresponsible things it's mind-boggling. But, you guys knew putting someone in the office with the temperament of basically a child was never a good idea. We basically elected someone who dodged military service ( a coward), who demeaned soldiers who actually fought in wars, and wasn't even a particularly good businessman. Then when the **** hits the fan, you have to protect his ***? Enough of the bull****, get his *** out of there and get back to some normalcy. trump is going to destroy our country and turn it into a banana republic. It's depressing really.
Pat mom's on the back for me and tell her good job...

I'll tell you one thing for sure: The Pac 10 group who started talking about unions and wanting to share money is at the root of this sudden shutdown ****. It's a little odd that the shutdown talk didn't ramp up until the sharing profits talk started.

Yes the 160k dead Americans are all fake news. CNN must have gotten Herman Cain to fake his death to cause more hysteria.

Has the media helped of course not but there are things that could’ve been done that would have made it easier to go forward with the season.

From a pr standpoint you can’t have professional players opting out and continue to push college students to play even if they say they want to play. It’s not a good a look especially when most of the universities are going to online classes in the fall.
I hope you are sitting down. I'm going to tell you something very shocking. Actually 1.5 million Americans have died the last 6 months.

Advertisement
All these losers wearing Ties speaking for us all are retards. Players want to play and people want to live free. If they want to play figure it the **** out. If not let them sit out. Lets get this ******* SHOW ON THE RODE

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tice-opener-vs-missouri-state-moved-september

Pretty easy. All you had to do was type Oklahoma Football in whatever browser you use. Instead you wanted to be wrong multiple times for no reason

"We decided it's best to give our players some time off," Riley said in a statement. "We were able to start camp before the vast majority of teams because our Aug. 29 season-opening game date was the earliest in the country. With that first game pushed back a week or two, it only makes sense to spread out our practices and give our guys some time away. They've done a great job so far."

So locked in to what you believed that you didn't want to type in two words? Instead you made up something and asserted it as fact. Unless Lincoln Riley's words aren't any good any more?
1597033076380.png

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tice-opener-vs-missouri-state-moved-september

Pretty easy. All you had to do was type Oklahoma Football in whatever browser you use. Instead you wanted to be wrong multiple times for no reason

"We decided it's best to give our players some time off," Riley said in a statement. "We were able to start camp before the vast majority of teams because our Aug. 29 season-opening game date was the earliest in the country. With that first game pushed back a week or two, it only makes sense to spread out our practices and give our guys some time away. They've done a great job so far."

So locked in to what you believed that you didn't want to type in two words? Instead you made up something and asserted it as fact. Unless Lincoln Riley's words aren't any good any more?
Did you not read the whole article, or did the part I quoted not fit your narrative?

Your answer was, essentially, if the schools cared, they could just test more. But testing only IDENTIFIES positive cases; it does not, in any fashion, help to AVOID contracting the virus in the first place. As such, I think your logic is flawed.

This is wrong. Testing helps you avoid the virus because you can identify (and isolate) infected individuals before they become super spreaders. That's why Germany and South Korea were so successful. They engaged the private sector early and had accurate tests. We relied on the public sector and their tests didn't work.

I caught Rona sitting on my couch because our nanny had COVID. If she had been tested regularly, she may have been sent home before she infected the entire house. This is the same reason the professional teams test so much. You might not stop all the infections, but you can cut off the spread and isolate others before they become spreaders.

Now, you can make the argument, as many here (and TLaw) have, that the kids would be safer at school. I’d dispute that, and my reasoning would be that if kids were gonna take the virus seriously at school (not looking for ***, for example), then they’d be just as likely to do the same if they are sent home. The kids that are gonna take the virus seriously will take it seriously at home, or at school (while playing football). I find this excuse to be a cop out.

First, as discussed above, you have regular testing in the football program. Second, the team environment provides peer pressure, structure and a clear goal (staying healthy for the season). That may not be the case outside of the program.

The worst case scenario is sending the players home. Many live in hot-spots with multigenerational households and comorbidities like obesity and diabetes. They are much more dangerous to the most vulnerable in that environment.

To me, the argument that most younger people won’t get seriously sick (which, I agree, the data suggests), ignores the fact that we don’t know what the long term implications of contracting the virus will be.

We don't know the long-term effects of the shutdown. We do know that teen suicides are already skyrocketing since March. Mental health has been a critical issue for athletes. Saying "we don't know what will happen tomorrow" does not mean much to me. I don't know if the sun's coming out. I'm still going to live my life with my eyes open.

I finish by saying that I am in agreement with you on your opt out stance: so long as the scholarships and eligibility are guaranteed, the kids (with their parents, etc) should be able to make the decision to play. But I also understand the position of the conferences/presidents/ADs, in saying that “we talked to the experts and know more than you do, and we shouldn’t play.” It sucks. But I get it.

The players aren't children. Universities are supposed to educates young adults. If the schools "talked to the experts," they should tell the players what they know. And let them make the decisions for themselves.

The truth is the schools talked to the lawyers more than they talked to the experts. That, along with amateurism, is what this is really all about.

Advertisement
Did you not read the whole article, or did the part I quoted not fit your narrative?
I read it and nowhere in that article did it say "we stopped practicing because a player tested positive" which was your allegation if I remember correctly. He said the fact that another conference canceled football gave him some pause and not practicing gives him a better chance of seeing where this all goes. Nothing about what was actually happening in his own program caused him to stop practice. So how does any of that lineup with what you said?

We are never playing again and these idiots would rather kill the golden goose than reap the rewards with the players
I go back and forth on what the future holds, but I’m becoming more convinced by the day that college athletics is nearing total extinction.

Something else will take its place, but the university based system is about to stick a sword in its own stomach and bleed out amidst jeers and applause.

My daughter has had volleyball practice for weeks, games start Tuesday. Schools starts tomorrow. I haven’t taken a day off because of COVID since the whole thing started, and I’m face to face with clients multiple times a day indoors (masked, gloves and at a distance). If they have to decide now that we can’t play even half a dozen games for the rest of the year, and jeopardize another basketball season, and baseball, and countless other non revenue sports, I don’t even know why I should bother to give them my time or money moving forward.

To quote Denton Van Zan, “Dig your holes. Die in them.”

3AAD70A1-B6BC-4761-B578-1EFF8E5BDBD9.gif

I go back and forth on what the future holds, but I’m becoming more convinced by the day that college athletics is nearing total extinction.

Something else will take its place, but the university based system is about to stick a sword in its own stomach and bleed out amidst jeers and applause.

My daughter has had volleyball practice for weeks, games start Tuesday. Schools starts tomorrow. I haven’t taken a day off because of COVID since the whole thing started, and I’m face to face with clients multiple times a day indoors (masked, gloves and at a distance). If they have to decide now that we can’t play even half a dozen games for the rest of the year, and jeopardize another basketball season, and baseball, and countless other non revenue sports, I don’t even know why I should bother to give them my time or money moving forward.

To quote Denton Van Zan, “Dig your holes. Die in them.”

View attachment 126828

“stick a sword in its own stomach and bleed out amidst jeers and applause.”

Exactly what they are doin, so sad and disappointing

So...if there is no season will we see support staff furloughs at most universities?
Also how would it effect coaching staff contracts?
Would most universities ask for lower salaries for the year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
What I don't understand is, why the sudden change of heart? In July, when the numbers were much worse, I could understand having the discussion about canceling the season. However, over the past week or 2, the number of new cases per day has gone down. Why not just start the season and let it be known that if just one team has 25% or more of their team test positive within a 2 week time frame, the season is canceled across the board? The season may have to be canceled, but at least they gave it a shot.

As an aside, I wonder what the WWII generation would think about the absolute selfishness of our day and age? In their day, they grew up during the Great Depression and then fought in WWII where most men had to fight due to the draft, but they actually WANTED to fight because they wanted to defend their country. Many women had to work and food and other items were rationed. It was a teamwork mentality that is foreign to Americans today (for the most part).

Today, there are so many who would not sacrifice a **** thing for anyone. Wear a **** mask, stay 6 feet apart when in public, stay home as much as possible. It's not rocket science and shouldn't be a political issue at all. This could have been under control if this country would just suck it up, be adults, and sacrifice a bit for a while. Treat this thing like a war where we all do our part and it will "magically go away". We can do more. There is no reason why we have 4% of the world's population, but 25% of the Covid cases and deaths.

It isn't just the flu. Yes, the death rate is now about the same, however, it is obviously much more contagious. The number of deaths by flu in the U.S. since 2010 was between 12,000 - 65,000 per year. In less than 5 months, we are at 160,000 with this thing, so about 320,000 in a year at this rate or 5 times as many deaths as the flu, even in a higher than average year.

Are you trying to be dense on purpose? Look at what happened during the Flu Pandemic of 1918, same **** happened. Most of the people complied, but some didn't and paid the price (there was even an anti-mask league. Philadelphia lost a lot of people because of their "parade" and when San Fransisco opened up too early, they paid the price as well. A contagious pandemic is temporal, it has a short shelf life. If you know anything about history, plagues, and mass deaths are not all that uncommon. The whole point of trying to stop the spread is to stop what's happening right now. If enough people get it, then a **** load of people are going to die. Because it's not as deadly as other strains actually helps it stick around, because it makes it easier to spread.

If you guys don't want to follow the medical experts then you guys are a ******* entitled, dumb *** generation that deserves all the misery you sow. You said you were in the marines right? If we had to storm a compound and take out some sick terrorist *****, I'm going to follow what you say, because you are the expert on military tactics right? I'm not going to ask whether you're Democrat or Republican, I'm going to follow your lead, my life depends on it! Now, that the medical experts are telling you what you need to do, you question there every **** statement and suggestion??? WTF is wrong with you people? The internet has ruined your ******* minds, you guys think you know ****, but you don't know jack ****. One example, Dr. Fauci said to wear it, then not wear a mask, he doesn't know ****!!! Wrong dumbass, the COVID virus is a Novel virus, which means it's new. Fauci was just relaying information that the experts were telling him based on the best information possible. It's a fluid situation, so they had to correct course like they're supposed to. Stop acting like **** whining prima donnas, and follow the **** medical experts so we can get out of this mess, and save as many people as possible.

Lastly, my mother works as an administrator at a local hospital as a hospital administrator. They had to open up an extra three whole floors for extra covid patients and have now (since a week and a half ago) started turning patients away. Most of those patients went to hospitals all the way in Broward. When Covid first hit, she said, they didn't have any patients for the whole first three months. She's been involved in the hospital business for over 40 years, she said this is the worst she's ever seen. Her advice to me was that this is a very strange disease and the reason Doctors are freaked out about it, is that it affects people in different ways. (everything from mild to no symptom, to life-threatening damage to your lungs and heart, and of course death). This is not something you want! Why would my mother be blowing smoke up my ***? Also, she's voted for a Republican in every election since Ronald Reagan. Take the politics out of it, stop thinking you know all there is to know about this virus, because not even the experts know what the **** this virus is truly about. Be patient, and instead of sowing dissent and supporting wing nut theories, be responsible and prudent and help save lives. Trump's biggest failure was not to take this pandemic seriously. He said so many irresponsible things it's mind-boggling. But, you guys knew putting someone in the office with the temperament of basically a child was never a good idea. We basically elected someone who dodged military service ( a coward), who demeaned soldiers who actually fought in wars, and wasn't even a particularly good businessman. Then when the **** hits the fan, you have to protect his ***? Enough of the bull****, get his *** out of there and get back to some normalcy. trump is going to destroy our country and turn it into a banana republic. It's depressing really.
Somewhere in there you said
"Take the politics out of it."..
and then follow it with the last paragraph. Just saying.

and no I'm not a trump voter. I'm definitely not a Democrat voter either. I guess I'm with out a party at the moment.

Last edited:
Well if that's the case and I belive it will be...there goes the staff we finally got right.
Some schools have already done this even without a cancelation yet, so I'm just going off of that. Not many jobs that pay you to not do what they're paying you for at full salary for an undetermined amount of time. I don't have any specific info I'm just assuming

they are trying to bankrupt the country so Trump loses. Pelosi crashed the economy in 2008 by not bailing out lehmans brothers.
Now. corona is very contgious but it has a less than 1-2% morality rate and if you dont have a co-morbidity its like .00004% of 1%. I know people who works in hospitals who said they were told to put no covid deaths as "likely" or "possible" covid deaths. You know why? without elective surgeries, hospitals need funding. They also said if you take two covid tests and both are positive, they count you as two seperate cases. if you take an anti-body test you are counted as a new case even though you could have had it as far back as march. Also, i know a few people who took a test, were positive then took another test and were negative. dont tell me there are not false positives. I will also concede people need to be more cautious like wearing masks but this thing is really about ruining the economy so trump loses to the guy with dementia.
Yes they want to bankrupt the country because Trump. The globalist Boogeyman Soros, with the help of Bill Gates,Fauci, and the democrats created this as a coup to get rid of Trump?

1597057658730.gif

Let's disregard the fact that he had ample time to come up with a strategy to mitigate this. Instead of doing his job, he thought it prudent to wish it away by calling it a hoax and politicizing wearing masks as weak and beta like. 6 weeks, we could have handled thisif he was serious about it, that is his failure. No one else!

But, according to nycane it is a deep state conspiracy to get rid of Trump, a global health crisis created just to get rid of Trump.

These people are ******* loons, man.

1597057494220.gif

Advertisement
Back