It’s over

If that’s the case, the schools will keep spending money to regularly test and contact trace the student-athletes.

They won’t, of course. Because they don’t really care.

The players will be less safe because of these cowardly decisions. The schools just want to maintain the status quo of amateurism.

I'm not so sure it's about amateurism.

If it were, the NCAA and all the schools would be in lockstep.

And how would the supposed revenue-sharing even work with Title IX in place?

Advertisement
Do you really think the good ol boys at OSU and Michigan and the Big 10 want to cancel football?

This has nothing to do w hurting Trump (hes doing just fine hurting himself telling ppl to ingest bleach and saying 160 k dead "is what it is") or the media or even fear of lawsuits.

This is where things were headed MONTHS ago. Nobody wanted to listen.

It is a horrendous look to have student athletes dying or having limbs amputated bc of Covid on your watch. Even if it's just 2 out of 10,000.

Here's something else to keep in mind nobody else wants to hear right now: there probably wont be any spring football either.

Old piece of investment advice I got from a guru couple years back: If you want to know where society is headed, look to how the tech companies behave, as they usually are privy to insider information months before everyone else.

All the big boys are staying home til summer of 2021. This vaccine everyone is counting on may not even happen.

Dude its already and does happen. How may kids die during summer/fall camps?

A shame this is what the country has come to. A lot of programs aren’t going to survive this hit

Advertisement
Advertisement
College football is over as we've known it. Time for the NFL to pony up the $ to start a minor league.

I don't think a minor league is sufficient.

There are hundreds of colleges that serve as feeder programs.

This is also a HUGE blow to the kids who don't have an NFL future and a college scholarship is the end of the line for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m no expert on the MAC, but I suspect their decision had a lot to do with economics. They relied heavily on non-conference games and gates given their weak TV deals.

I just don't buy this is entirely about amateurism.

Seems like the overwhelming majority of players want to play.

It's hard to have an effective "strike" with only a handful of players participating.

Advertisement
Back