It’s no secret, I grew up loving the Canes - JJ Watt

How many posts will it be before people are saying jj watt is trolling us. Lmfao. Some people. I get hindsight is a mutha ****** and some do have agendas. But what could that be when ur hearing more and more the same theme. Jj by the way DEFINITELY isn't trolling. He's a good genuine dude. His brother has an even more amusing story in relation to us.
We are all ears........go on

Advertisement
We are all ears........go on
Tell Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

How many posts will it be before people are saying jj watt is trolling us. Lmfao. Some people. I get hindsight is a mutha ****** and some do have agendas. But what could that be when ur hearing more and more the same theme. Jj by the way DEFINITELY isn't trolling. He's a good genuine dude. His brother has an even more amusing story in relation to us.

U spoke bible on that situation during Coker’s time; the erosion of our evaluation & relying upon recruiting sites. Don’t get me wrong, recruiting sites have their place, & we see their hit ratio, but we also see a whole slew of 2 & 3 star guys who were under evaluated due to lack of high profiled camp attendance, initial offers, etc. that are high profiled NFL players. Somewhere, we lost our way of recruiting AND scouting, & began focusing on str8 recruiting.

But what’s even more unacceptable is to hear story, after story, after story where kids (at the time) hitting us up to be recruited & we like “naaaah.” Lol. The nerve of guys getting paid 6 - 7 figures a yr, having to put in work to evaluate, scout, follow up, & communicate. The nerve.

Advertisement

Lmaooooooooooooooooooo same dudes would have been in here *****in' and moanin' about signing a two star kid from Pewaukee, WI

GTFOH fam

This. Thank you.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Kid was a nobody coming out of high school.

I didn't realize Coker lasted through '06. The '05 Peach Bowl is about the time I started trying to block those years from memory so it's a bit of a haze. Thanks for the clarification.

Just because Watt said he loved Miami also didn't mean he was coming here in 2007—Coker canned, 7-6 season, FIU on-field brawl, Bryan Pata murdered—not exactly the best PR surrounding the program at the time.

Not too many midwestern parents are sending their kid south to play football at UM in that climate.

Advertisement
This. Thank you.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Kid was a nobody coming out of high school.
We're people *****ing and moaning when we took Greg? Cause Greg was just as much of a long shot who needed to be developed and seen the bigger picture with. Often especially at that time just before Coker you look at a kids intangibles and his upside and go from there. So while people process scouting and websites as their second callings I'm gonna stick to miss me with that. Because plenty of people just few years prior would've taken him with open arms. What people on here fail to realize is we used to have an NFL level support staff with coaches who played and lived this game. Once that stopped, we stopped. Onions downfall didn't come from not knowing his approach. It was cause he's a scumbag & let his ego be his driving force.

Advertisement
Lmaooooooooooooooooooo same dudes would have been in here *****in' and moanin' about signing a two star kid from Pewaukee, WI

GTFOH fam

Absolutely. Obviously if we knew how he turned out it would have been amazing for him to play here but nobody can be honestly say they are upset we didn't recruit him.

True, but why should a competent staff care about what fans think? The problem was, we didn't have anybody competent on our staff since Butch (unfortunately Richt was burned out and didn't have the stamina)

Absolutely a competent staff doesn't give a flip about what fans think. In the case of Watt...there are only so many scholarships and they probably didn't even know about him (not a FL kid) and if they did like most teams they didn't see that projection.

Absolutely a competent staff doesn't give a flip about what fans think. In the case of Watt...there are only so many scholarships and they probably didn't even know about him (not a FL kid) and if they did like most teams they didn't see that projection.
Pwo...

Advertisement
Love hearing your thoughts on this stuff.

How do you see pwo’s being used as a way to get less heralded recruits that seem to have traits that can make them stars?
It's a common practice at any university with pull. U get the kids who have the qualities you're looking for but not the national pull. Aka **** offers. It's their way of getting the exposure they want.

Advertisement
Back