Issiah Walker

Advertisement
If everything checks out.. you play for today and tomorrow... With an actual proven QB and potentially 3 first round picks for next year's draft you need to grab the OT from Houston. Winning is a must and if you think Williams gets you there you take him. Put Moise and Walker in 2021 with a class if Seymore Rodriguez and McLaughlin is a A+ OL Class. 5 4stars with tons of potential

That's a lot of ifs in there it sounds good but alot of what ifs

But the board also recommended that the NCAA waiver process in those five sports was “sensitive” to “student-athlete well-being, especially those impacted by COVID-19 in the interim period.”
The words “impacted by COVID-19” would indicate that immediate eligibility waiver requests tied to the coronavirus would get more sympathetic handling.
One lingering concern about blanket immediate-eligibility waivers is the ability of student- athletes to leave the football training camp of one school, join another school’s training camp and play right away. A postponement of blanket changes may give the NCAA time to figure out a framework that addresses that concern.

Is this where Diaz is going to make some grand statement about the value of a Miami offer when him, Patke, Baker, and Rumph got played three times by Jaidon Francois.
I keep seeing this brought up because of Golden and later Richt when he turned down Trevon Grimes, and I understand that argument. But instead of turning down talent to make an example of a kid for other recruits, which how much does that even benefit you? In that scenario you don’t control the narrative at all.

Now, if you instead take said talented player, and he has a decent career, you can then go and tell these kids, the grass isn’t always greener and why not just stay home and skip all the BS (That player would be a **** of a visit host as well lol).You control the narrative, add talent to the roster instead of turn it down, and maybe land other kids in turn. I mean honestly, how many kids would actually commit to Miami for fear of not being able to transfer there later if it doesn’t work out? That would imply they love Miami already. If they loved Miami that much, they would’ve been here. Excluding bag chasers anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I keep seeing this brought up because of Golden and later Richt when he turned down Trevon Grimes, and I understand that argument. But instead of turning down talent to make an example of a kid for other recruits, which how much does that even benefit you? In that scenario you don’t control the narrative at all.

Now, if you instead take said talented player, and he has a decent career, you can then go and tell these kids, the grass isn’t always greener and why not just stay home and skip all the BS (That player would be a **** of a visit host as well lol).You control the narrative, add talent to the roster instead of turn it down, and maybe land other kids in turn. I mean honestly, how many kids would actually commit to Miami for fear of not being able to transfer there later if it doesn’t work out? That would imply they love Miami already. If they loved Miami that much, they would’ve been here. Excluding bag chasers anyway.

Or Diaz and his staff can evaluate why Walker is leaving to figure out if there is a fit. Diaz has also been considering what to do with Moise who is talented and has been loyal. So there is that. He has made contact with Williams (an experienced OL) who could possibly be considering us. In other words, there are variables at play that he consider must consider that non of us know about. We should all take solace in the fact Diaz has a competent staff to help him figure this out.

Im wondering if he wanted to be here all along and it was other people in his ear.

starting to wonder this myself... a few posters on UF board said some things to that effect.... Someone posted that he arrived really late to start in January...

I may be getting this kid confused with someone else but I remember the stepfather getting more involved and then it was all about UF....

Manny's probably known about this for awhile if true..

Advertisement
Advertisement
What recruitment drama?

Easily impressionable. Took a visit to South Carolina before the dead period said he was all the way committed. Started speculation at The Opening camp in a video with Miami wristband. Back and forth between Miami and Florida for a while, believe a parent got involved but a ton of social media clout chasing. That’s not common with OL

FB_IMG_1588684344718.jpg

I dunno what’s going on in this kids life and not fair to assume either... but thinking about a Walker, Seymour, Rodriguez, Rivers, Mclaughlin front 5 would be one of best starting 5 we’ve had in awhile!
Slow down big guy ain’t none of them even been in the program except rivers..do we even have a scolly for walker at the moment? Abs u know we want the Williams kid also..and lastly who’s it gonna be next week? Fleming or francios 😂

Advertisement
Back