Issiah Walker in transfer portal

1588781325841.jpeg

He just tweeted this

Advertisement
I’m not going to do the talent dosey doe. It’s played out. But if you gentlemen think we have less talent than most of the teams constantly beating us, then I’ve got a beautiful Rolex for you for $75. Just disregard that the first letter looks like an “F”.

Yeah, I get it, we don't have blue-chip, top end talent(NFL Draft just showed that), but we certainly have more than enough than to be 6-7 with last years non-Murderers Row of a schedule.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whatever we do I’ll be fine with as long as Walker is vetted and told like the team he is promised nothing and will have to earn everything

Wish we could take both Tackles... but up to manny if he wants the quick fix or the potential 2/3 year player

Feel like manny might take the Houston kid because he knows he needs 10wins this season minimum

Advertisement
It's not a huge stretch to involve Miami in a tweet from a football player featuring one of the greatest football players of all-time who just so happened to play here.

Exactly. For all we know, Walker could be a huge Ravens fan.

Anyhow, I'll trust the coaches to make this decision, we've got one IC slot left, it's not complicated.

This guy was headache throughout his recruitment. Based off that, it only shows me that these are the type of guys we want to avoid. I'm willing to take him and hope to god he plays up to his expectations, but we've been bitten in the *** before for taking guys like this at the last minute. Uber talented, but uber immature (See JT4, JW12, etc...).

the majority of these kids are headaches throughout recruitment. I’d say it’s usually 50-50.

Yeah, I get it, we don't have blue-chip, top end talent(NFL Draft just showed that), but we certainly have more than enough than to be 6-7 with last years non-Murderers Row of a schedule.

For every Alabama or LSU or Clemson that has a ton of talent that also goes to the pros, there is a Miami, UCLA, Washington, Cal type of program that also has a lot of pro talent that end up mediocre. Every time D$ posts one of these lists, its like an even split of teams with talent that do something with it and those that are basically Miami.

At some point, there also isn't a Nick Saban walking through everyone's door that turns a bunch of talented rag tags into a national championship winner overnight either. Washington hired Chris Petersen and won 8, 7, 12, 10, 10, 8. UCLA hires Chip Kelly and they've won 7 games in two years and they are a featured act on those to-the-pros lists.

If we're this massively talented team with a bum head coach, then what head coach is coming into Miami and winning 12 next year? Its ok to say the talent isn't great without the "well, it should be enough to beat North Carolina!" argument coming outtadawoodwerks because you're just losing the plot at that point. Its clearly not.

Advertisement
For every Alabama or LSU or Clemson that has a ton of talent that also goes to the pros, there is a Miami, UCLA, Washington, Cal type of program that also has a lot of pro talent that end up mediocre. Every time D$ posts one of these lists, its like an even split of teams with talent that do something with it and those that are basically Miami.

At some point, there also isn't a Nick Saban walking through everyone's door that turns a bunch of talented rag tags into a national championship winner overnight either. Washington hired Chris Petersen and won 8, 7, 12, 10, 10, 8. UCLA hires Chip Kelly and they've won 7 games in two years and they are a featured act on those to-the-pros lists.

If we're this massively talented team with a bum head coach, then what head coach is coming into Miami and winning 12 next year? Its ok to say the talent isn't great without the "well, it should be enough to beat North Carolina!" argument coming outtadawoodwerks because you're just losing the plot at that point. Its clearly not.

right, but I think what the majority of us are saying is, if UM has 8/9 win talent: lets win that amount of games. And then work from there by building off that.

That's what Butch Davis did, after two 9-3 years, the 97 debacle(which wasn't his fault), he was steadily rebuilding that roster in creative ways and had unreal evaluation skills.

But Miami literally made history last season, IIRC, by becoming the first team to lose more than one game as a 2 TD underdog(or something to that effect) -- that simply is inexcusable IMO

Other programs that had great traditions, and then fell on hard times, have done similar things in terms of getting back to a certain standard

It's not a huge stretch to involve Miami in a tweet from a football player featuring one of the greatest football players of all-time who just so happened to play here.

It is a stretch to think this possibly means Manny turned him down at this point. It could literally mean anything. The quote in the picture is more likely related to the fact that ppl are saying he didn’t want to put the work in at UF and that’s why he’s transferring.

It is a stretch to think this possibly means Manny turned him down at this point. It could literally mean anything. The quote in the picture is more likely related to the fact that ppl are saying he didn’t want to put the work in at UF and that’s why he’s transferring.
Now, you're trying to interpret it.

Originally, you said it was a stretch to infer anything Miami by it. It isn't. Now, you're saying it was a stretch to infer that it means Manny turned him down. Of course, that's a stretch.

Advertisement
Back