Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Advertisement
Sooo when someone continually throws out insult after insult and then gets called out on it among other things, that means the person that called out the initial insulter is the problem??? Right??? Why does this seem oddly familiar??? Wonder if he'll start "following" you and then deny it??? LOL
This is what brought on my response in my Slurper thread about him shaming anyone who doesn’t tow the Slurper line...

68C180AC-05D8-4A42-9AED-E72C438CC726.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sorry, but we're going to need a recipe if we're to believe this is a real thing. And also if we're not.
My mother in law , who throws down some real good food, buys it at the bakery. So no luck on the recipe.

Advertisement
This caught my attention, all recruits are just drawn to him.
Looking forward to whatever kind of interviews he does in the future to gain more insight into his personality.
Also mentions he was runner up for Student Body president in college, must be a great speaker and since he was All-Academic in college I’d assume he’ll pick up the nuances of the defense relatively quick.
798DAFC1-5E48-417D-9CF8-9B8B96C7F2FF.jpeg

My apologies- "star analyst and one of the programs best recruiters".

Sources: Ishmael Aristide is finalizing a deal to become an assistant coach at Miami. Aristide emerged as a star analyst for Texas A&M and was considered one of the program’s best recruiters. He has deep recruiting roots in south Florida, which made him attractive to Manny Diaz.
10:20 AM · Feb 20, 2021

In conversational English, "Top" and "Best" are used synonymously. For example:

"You used to be one of the sites top posters before you turned into the Queen of the Mope Brigade" is generally understood the same as
"You used to be one of the sites best posters before you turned into the Queen of the Mope Brigade."

There is also this from someone else on the site
Thread 'Note on Aristide' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/note-on-aristide.168278/

"Had a highly ranked recruit, who was once committed to Texas A&M tell me Aristide is “the best recruiter in the country for sure”

But if you want to claim a victory for your observation, I'll let you have it as you need the W after flailing so much the last few weeks.
Bravo

Advertisement
It makes sense from a recruiting standpoint.

It was beyond clear that Manny wanted to add another FL recruiter on the Defensive staff, TWill is not known for being a high level coach (although he had some pretty good results turning Zakoby McClain into an All-American LB & had him 2nd in the nation for total Tackles), but TWill is primarily known as a very strong recruiter on the trail.

Then when Jamar Chaney was the name being mentioned it made it even more clear what Manny’s strategy was,he’s trying to bolster up the Defensive side of the ball with some strong recruiters because the 22 & 23 classes are loaded with Defensive talent locally, so he’s not really selling out for X’s & O’s experience at that spot anymore because Blake Baker couldn't sell Salmon to a starving Grizzly Bear, so he’s been going after guys who are looking for a come up in job title & who have salesmen skills.

Aristide is very good recruiter, can he coach LB’s or Strikers? Maybe, maybe not, I don’t think Manny is really all that worried about it, he’s basically going to coach the LB’s himself along with Shoop being the Analyst/DC helping with play design & play calls being his extra pair of eyes up in the booth, so Manny just wants young guys who might stick for longer than a season or two & can recruit their asses off, which fits DVD & Aristide to a T.

The thing about Aristide is that if TRob leaves next year, he can be moved to Safeties coach as well, so while he may be listed as a LB’s coach this year, IMO I think Manny/Patke will be the ILB’s coach & Aristide will be the Strikers, he may not be listed as Strikers coach but I think the job title in this case is inconsequential, his job this year is to help us recruit South FL & land Wesley Bissainthe.

Will it work? Only time will tell.
@Liberty City El thanks for providing your keen insights. While I would’ve preferred Gillespie, I suppose the jury’s out on Aristide. I hope he provides to the defense as a whole, and lands us some highly touted players on that side of the ball. I think Manny’s banking on improved play out of the DL collectively and that TRob will have the back end working in harmonious unity. That leaves a lot of burden on Patke to shore up the LB’s, in particular the ILB spot who should be the general of the defense. Perhaps what you say rings true - that Shoop and Manny will provide Patke with additional assistance with this group. If they can shore up this hole in the defense, would could see the likes of 2017/2018 again defensively speaking. I hope this strategy works for the team and coupled with Lashlee running the offense that the team takes off, and seals at minimum 10 wins this season. If Manny can pull that off, then we all shall become further fans of CMD and what he’s doing to truly turn the tide of the program.

Advertisement
Back