Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

Smart chess move by Manny. I have to admit this move was unexpected but I applaud what Manny did here. A top young recruiter who knows the SoFla recruiting landscape and has had success recruiting the area. Patke coaching ILBs and Aristide coaching strikers makes sense because strikers are basically in-the-box safeties.

As for Patke coaching ILBs, time will tell but the STs and striker performed well under him last year. I thought Gil was the most consistent performer in the back seven. And well, both kickers were finalists for awards. Getting better at LB means recruiting the position better. We have to prioritize kids with the size to take on blocks, stack them, and shed them. Right now we're undersized and have to run around blocks in the box and teams know that. Don't believe me go put the film from the UNC game on. More instinctual players with the requisite size and speed. For instance, Saban has a chart of measurables for each position. You may miss on some, and yes, Bama misses plenty but they have enough bodies at each position with the right measurables to cover for misses. We don't.

All that said, I like the recruiting potential of this staff. My only concern is that their effect won't be felt until the 2023 cycle. Hopefully, they have time to develop relationships in-time for 2022 recruits.

Advertisement
Smart chess move by Manny. I have to admit this move was unexpected but I applaud what Manny did here. A top young recruiter who knows the SoFla recruiting landscape and has had success recruiting the area. Patke coaching ILBs and Aristide coaching strikers makes sense because strikers are basically in-the-box safeties.

As for Patke coaching ILBs, time will tell but the STs and striker performed well under him last year. I thought Gil was the most consistent performer in the back seven. And well, both kickers were finalists for awards. Getting better at LB means recruiting the position better. We have to prioritize kids with the size to take on blocks, stack them, and shed them. Right now we're undersized and have to run around blocks in the box and teams know that. Don't believe me go put the film from the UNC game on. More instinctual players with the requisite size and speed. For instance, Saban has a chart of measurables for each position. You may miss on some, and yes, Bama misses plenty but they have enough bodies at each position with the right measurables to cover for misses. We don't.

All that said, I like the recruiting potential of this staff. My only concern is that their effect won't be felt until the 2023 cycle. Hopefully, they have time to develop relationships in-time for 2022 recruits.

Actually most of the new staff have already been recruiting down here from their previous positions. The relationships are already there

How did you come to the conclusion that he was TAMU's "top recruiter?" You have an uncanny knack for arriving at incredible conclusions based on very limited information.

My apologies- "star analyst and one of the programs best recruiters".

Sources: Ishmael Aristide is finalizing a deal to become an assistant coach at Miami. Aristide emerged as a star analyst for Texas A&M and was considered one of the program’s best recruiters. He has deep recruiting roots in south Florida, which made him attractive to Manny Diaz.
10:20 AM · Feb 20, 2021

In conversational English, "Top" and "Best" are used synonymously. For example:

"You used to be one of the sites top posters before you turned into the Queen of the Mope Brigade" is generally understood the same as
"You used to be one of the sites best posters before you turned into the Queen of the Mope Brigade."

There is also this from someone else on the site
Thread 'Note on Aristide' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/note-on-aristide.168278/

"Had a highly ranked recruit, who was once committed to Texas A&M tell me Aristide is “the best recruiter in the country for sure”

But if you want to claim a victory for your observation, I'll let you have it as you need the W after flailing so much the last few weeks.

Since you‘re referencing in your comments to @The Franchise, I stand by what I said about shaming anyone who doesn’t tow the line. This is literally like 50% of what you post....

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Since you‘re referencing in your comments to @The Franchise, I stand by what I said about shaming anyone who doesn’t tow the line. This is literally like 50% of what you post....
Hello RVA. Thank you for your response but I am no longer actively engaging in conversation with those I disagree with.

I was recently accused by a mod of shaming those with differing opinions so I’ll just have to leave the “shaming” to others from now on.

I probably shouldn’t have even made my initial post in this thread. I apologize to anyone offended. Don’t want to step on any tiny, female like toes in here.

Have a nice day and Go Canes.
PS I didn’t read a single solitary word of what you just posted and won’t be from here on out so again, stop quoting me. Save your finger energy and stop typing out long winded posts for me to ignore. I’m not the 1 so this is gonna my last time responding to you. Not gonna let you bait me into getting banned.

I just come here for Hurricane news and this should be the last relevant news for a while so continue on with your clown show routine, IDGAF.

Seek help and stop stalking me. TIA

Advertisement
The defensive staff has filled out nicely.

Simpson over stroud is good. And we get to keep stroud on staff. I liked stroud. He was a solid recruiter. But Simpson is a development upgrade.

Trob over rumph and Banda is an upgrade on both fronts obviously. And DVD is tbd but a good recruiter so I’m comfortable with it.

Shoop as an analyst is a heavy hitter move. Obviously.

This dude is a beast recruiter. I’m concerned over development of linebackers. But that’s it.

I love this staff now for real. Manny has no excuses. If it doesn’t work it’s cause he doesn’t have it himself.

PS I didn’t read a single solitary word of what you just posted and won’t be from here on out so again, stop quoting me. Save your finger energy and stop typing out long winded posts for me to ignore. I’m not the 1 so this is gonna my last time responding to you. Not gonna let you bait me into getting banned.

I just come here for Hurricane news and this should be the last relevant news for a while so continue on with your clown show routine, IDGAF.

Nothing to read. It’s all the posts of you doing the opposite of what you say.

If you didn’t reference me in your comment, I wouldn’t have said a **** thing to you.

Don’t like It? Don’t reference me in posts like i victimized you.

'State of Miami yo.' "Jimmy's and joes over X's and O's."

I will say this: If this dude was primary in recruiting South Florida kids to the weird cult that is Texas A&M...well, he's probably pretty **** good at it.

Actually most of the new staff have already been recruiting down here from their previous positions. The relationships are already there

Meant that for the DL, LB and CB recruits. Simpson, Aristide and T-Rob are new. Recruiting is about relationships and they are new to the staff.

Advertisement

For the record, this won't end well. Please take some helpful advice and walk away for a bit.

Advertisement
Nothing to read. It’s all the posts of you doing the opposite of what you say.

If you didn’t reference me in your comment, I wouldn’t have said a **** thing to you.

Don’t like It? Don’t reference me in posts like i victimized you.
Sooo when someone continually throws out insult after insult and then gets called out on it among other things, that means the person that called out the initial insulter is the problem??? Right??? Why does this seem oddly familiar??? Wonder if he'll start "following" you and then deny it??? LOL

Advertisement
Aristide should immediately take on Fields territory of the north part of the county and give Fields, Rumph’s old north Broward/Palm Beach territory. I don’t know who they use to replace Banda down south. But with Cooney here, I feel comfortable with anyone.

Advertisement
Back