Ishmael Aristide new LB coach?

No experience coaching lb’s. Love having 6 db coaches on staff and no one to coach the worst unit on the team
It’s pretty obvious that Manny is assembling a staff of recruiters/coaches who are great on the trail. Linebacker has been the weakest position recruited by Manny himself over the past 5 years. He recognizes this. He’s betting on Jimmy’s and Joes over X’s and O’s at this point. I’m not mad it

Advertisement
celebrate major league GIF by Morgan Creek

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s pretty obvious that Manny is assembling a staff of recruiters/coaches who are great on the trail. Linebacker has been the weakest position recruited by Manny himself over the past 5 years. He recognizes this. He’s betting on Jimmy’s and Joes over X’s and O’s at this point. I’m not mad it
Even though fans want to hate him. Former players and players will tell you patke might have been our best defensive coach as far as teaching. Name me a player that has regressed under him? Finley? Gil? They improved. Our st isn’t horrible. He can’t make Pope catch a punt. I don’t see anyone saying likens is horrible because Pope and Dee can’t catch. Patke was considered better coach than baker. He just can’t recruit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not every hire can be a former 2x Broyles Award winner. Identifying and hiring rising star analysts/GA’s is the best way to field an elite staff, so you can overspend on coordinators/top position coaches. I mean just look at Georgia’s DC’s career path.

That being said, I’m so ******* happy we’re getting our rising stars out of the SEC and not Incarnate Word now.

Even though fans want to hate him. Former players and players will tell you patke might have been our best defensive coach as far as teaching. Name me a player that has regressed under him? Finley? Gil? They improved. Our st isn’t horrible. He can’t make Pope catch a punt. I don’t see anyone saying likens is horrible because Pope and Dee can’t catch. Patke was considered better coach than baker. He just can’t recruit
Our fans fuss and complain that we’re not recruiting near SEC level, well aside from bags, SEC programs also have some of the best recruiters.
T-Will, Ishmael Aristide, Bob Shoops. All have either coached or have served analyst for SEC schools. There’s definitely a trend to this.

Advertisement
Back