Isaiah McKenzie

Corn elder has taken 5 kick off/ punt returns back this year we clearly are not lacking in that department

***ked up part is elder hasn't been on returns in 2 weeks. And they never kick to him on kickoffs. If I'm sp teams coach I'm running the reverse return to corn at least once a game. Kid needs the ball in his hands!!

Advertisement
I don't get the love fest for this kid. Where's the production as a receiver? When would he play other than special teams? Sure he'd be nice to have(I guess) but how could anyone lose any sleep other this. The way alot of y'all are talking is making it seem like he's Amari Cooper or something.

Corn elder has taken 5 kick off/ punt returns back this year we clearly are not lacking in that department

***ked up part is elder hasn't been on returns in 2 weeks. And they never kick to him on kickoffs. If I'm sp teams coach I'm running the reverse return to corn at least once a game. Kid needs the ball in his hands!!

Walton and Barrios are horrible returners lol

I don't get the love fest for this kid. Where's the production as a receiver? When would he play other than special teams? Sure he'd be nice to have(I guess) but how could anyone lose any sleep other this. The way alot of y'all are talking is making it seem like he's Amari Cooper or something.

It's not so much a love fest as much as it is disbelief that he was slighted in favor of Berrios.

And he just entered his Sophomore year. Can we give him some more time to judge him as a WR?

It's not so much a love fest as much as it is disbelief that he was slighted in favor of Berrios.

And he just entered his Sophomore year. Can we give him some more time to judge him as a WR?

Can we do the same for Berrios who's actually been more productive as a receiver.

Advertisement

Can we do the same for Berrios who's actually been more productive as a receiver.

10 receptions this season with a mind-blowing average of 7.4 yards per catch!

Whew!

I much rather have that than a guy who can score in three different ways!

C'mon man.

And lets not pretend like UGA has some incredible passing game... As much as Kaaya checks down and goes for short passes, this kid would be his best friend.

Whew!

C'mon man.

He got hurt early in the season and lost his job and with the resurgence of Coley, never was able to get back on the field constantly but he still makes catches here and there. Mckenzie has 9 receptions for 119 yards this year. 4 of those catches and 74 of those yards were against southern a fcs school.

I don't think Berrios sucks. I think he is talented but needs to learn the nuances of the position. That being said, he hasn't been productive and he's in a pass friendly offense. Joystick is in a run heavy offense and still make splays with or without a qb. That being said, Yea Berrios needs time. I don't think he ever played wideout in high school. Straight up wild cat. I also feel his 40 and shuttle times were exaggerated at the Sparq rating.... He is not 4.4 with a 3.9 shuttle... If thats the case kid would kill it on returns.

Advertisement

Whew!

C'mon man.

He got hurt early in the season and lost his job and with the resurgence of Coley, never was able to get back on the field constantly but he still makes catches here and there. Mckenzie has 9 receptions for 119 yards this year. 4 of those catches and 74 of those yards were against southern a fcs school.

That's great...

He's also housed 2 or 3 kicks already.

I don't need to see stats to realize who's got more potential, all I need to do is watch Berrios attempt to make people miss in the open field. It's comical that we traveled to NC to recruit this kid with all the slot talent we have in our backyard.

And with us switching to the spread offense this season McKenzie would've been a nightmare for opposing defenses.

I don't think Berrios sucks. I think he is talented but needs to learn the nuances of the position. That being said, he hasn't been productive and he's in a pass friendly offense. Joystick is in a run heavy offense and still make splays with or without a qb. That being said, Yea Berrios needs time. I don't think he ever played wideout in high school. Straight up wild cat. I also feel his 40 and shuttle times were exaggerated at the Sparq rating.... He is not 4.4 with a 3.9 shuttle... If thats the case kid would kill it on returns.

Berrios hasnt even returned alot of punts or kicks. and what plays are you talking about with mcKenzie that is not special teams?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he'll never play a significant role here. Bank on it. He'll end up just like Malcolm Lewis. And I called Malcolm's career when we first signed him. However, both of these guys got hurt early in their careers so they have a built-in excuses.

Whew!

C'mon man.

That's great...

I don't need to see stats to realize who's got more potential, all I need to do is watch Berrios attempt to make people miss in the open field. It's comical that we traveled to NC to recruit this kid with all the slot talent we have in our backyard.

And with us switching to the spread offense this season McKenzie would've been a nightmare for opposing defenses.

All your doing is reacting to his most recent return. There's nothing Mckenzie has done that shows he's the better receiver or will be the better receiver. That video you showed that was 3 minutes long pretty much was 3 kick returns replayed 6 times each.

Advertisement

Whew!

C'mon man.

That's great...

All your doing is reacting to his most recent return. There's nothing Mckenzie has done that shows he's the better receiver or will be the better receiver. That video you showed that was 3 minutes long pretty much was 3 kick returns replayed 6 times each.

You're right bro, they're the same athlete.

Whew!

C'mon man.

That's great...

Better Athlete doesn't equal more productive player. At the end of the day out of all players that didn't come here Mckenzie is at or near the bottom of the list that we should care about.

But they have the same production receiving wise but Berrios has Kaaya with no special teams plays. Joystick has no qb but still makes plays. I mean he's in a run heavy offense but is more valuable right now than Berrios. We could have had both. He is a miss. Like I said give Berrios time, but he hasn't done anything of worth against a FBS or FCS opponent.

Advertisement

That's not true, at all. You're not required to react in a 3-cone shuttle. You know exactly when and where you're going to plant. You don't have to force a movement by the defender and react to where he goes. What does running parallel to the line of scrimmage have to do with moving laterally and transitioning with a linear burst? You never make people miss by running straight to the sideline. You make people miss while gaining ground, not while continuing to run to the sideline. Devin Hester ran a 4.2 in the shuttle at the NFL combine. Do you really think that Braxton Berrios or all of the other prospects with faster times, have more potential than Hester at making people miss? Also, when do you ever take an explosive cross over step as your first step, unless you're a running back?

Last edited:

That's great...

Better Athlete doesn't equal more productive player. At the end of the day out of all players that didn't come here Mckenzie is at or near the bottom of the list that we should care about.

Define "productive player"...because I'd trade Berrios handful of catches for McKenzie's TD returns any day.

He's had a few more catches and that makes him a more productive player?

Let's not mention the fact that one kid plays in a run-heavy offense and the other one (Berrios) plays within the spread.

People get hyped up with the shuttle times and all that nonsense.

Man, turn on the **** film. It's night and day.

Advertisement
Back