Isaiah Mckenzie commits to ND

Advertisement
428.gif

Damnit?

You're upset about a kid we were never pursuing committing to a different school?

Maybe that he was never really pursued..... But between this year and next year, there are to many very talented receivers to take Isaiah. In the end UM will wind up with Dixon, LANGHAM, Berios, Ermon and/or Trav Rudolph. If for some Reason Dixon, Ermon, and Trav commit to other schools, not pursuing Isaiah at all might turn out to be the wrong move. Kind of like last year with Staff thinking they had Matt Thomas and not recruiting the kid from U School AT ALL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I like this kid a lot. Think he's a stud. Wish we would've made a run at him.

Berrios is a better athlete and is more versatile. McKenzie is a 1 trick pony

Talented kid, wish him success except when Miami plays them, but their is no room for him in this class whatsoever.

Miami has enough future studs as Kick returners and Punt returners.

Advertisement

Damnit?

You're upset about a kid we were never pursuing committing to a different school?

Maybe that he was never really pursued..... But between this year and next year, there are to many very talented receivers to take Isaiah. In the end UM will wind up with Dixon, LANGHAM, Berios, Ermon and/or Trav Rudolph. If for some Reason Dixon, Ermon, and Trav commit to other schools, not pursuing Isaiah at all might turn out to be the wrong move. Kind of like last year with Staff thinking they had Matt Thomas and not recruiting the kid from U School AT ALL.

If Berrios could get a ship, this kid deserved one too. Kid made plays in big games and always stood out. I remember telling some guy at the game, everyone comes to see Sony but leave talking about Isaiah. Kid will be at worse a freaking return demon, and that alone will earn his ship many times fold. Kid is unbelievable returning the ball and plays like the honey badger on defense (atleast in high school). Just a siiiick playmaker. I would stack his junior and senior film against Berrios and take into account that he is playing in SF. Kid is a player and we cant get them all, but if we are filling that role we should have given the kid a look. Oh well, his college is paid for, he good

Ive never seen this kid so I cant compare, but:

Braxton Berrios offer sheet:

Oregon
South Carolina
Ohio State
Miami
Tennessee

Isaiah McKenzie offer sheet:

Notre Dame
Kentucky
WVa
Western Kentucky
Bowling Green
Toledo
UMass

The market thinks higher of Berrios, not just the UM coaching staff.

All that said, I hate seeing quality south Florida kids going to notre dame. I'd luv to see this kid at UCF.

Ive never seen this kid so I cant compare, but:

Braxton Berrios offer sheet:

Oregon
South Carolina
Ohio State
Miami
Tennessee

Isaiah McKenzie offer sheet:

Notre Dame
Kentucky
WVa
Western Kentucky
Bowling Green
Toledo
UMass

The market thinks higher of Berrios, not just the UM coaching staff.

All that said, I hate seeing quality south Florida kids going to notre dame. I'd luv to see this kid at UCF.

What market? And where are you getting these "offers" from? Just because a kid doesnt have his rivals or whatever page updated doesn't mean he doesn't have more offers. And vice versa. Some kids/coaches really exaggerate with the "offers" they supposedly have. Not saying has the case here, but those offer lists on recruiting sites are usually not completely accurate.

Advertisement
Back