Isaiah Dunson [at WR]?

Please, dear lord, let some brain come down on Planet Earth...
Lol. Nothing I said is neither illogical nor does it fly in the face of empirical data?-It’s sound logic. Good coaches are usually identified by “doing more with less”. Similarly, “corches” are typically identified by “doing less with more”. Now, depending on what side of the fence you currently reside on (“mope” or “slurper”), one will either blame the kids…or blame the staff for the lack of productivity. If we are “pro Mario”, the kids suck, we are “re-building”, waiting to “get his kids in here that can fit his system “, etc.. If we are “pro Miami”, we are quick to point out “red flags” 3 games into a season, etc.. And so it goes, but to insult another poster for merely rendering an opinion on a message board is crazy to me.

Advertisement
What gave you the impression we were a good team last year to expect a win or wins moving forward against quality opponents?

App State is no slouch. A and M is young just like we are.

We're very young, requires patience and some of you need to temper your expectations.
The crazy thing is that BEFORE the game, most HAD tempered expectations. But then we saw that we could play with them and could have actually won the game, was when the fanbase got ****ed and kicked the checkerboard over.

Lol. Nothing I said is neither illogical nor does it fly in the face of empirical data?-It’s sound logic. Good coaches are usually identified by “doing more with less”. Similarly, “corches” are typically identified by “doing less with more”. Now, depending on what side of the fence you currently reside on (“mope” or “slurper”), one will either blame the kids…or blame the staff for the lack of productivity. If we are “pro Mario”, the kids suck, we are “re-building”, waiting to “get his kids in here that can fit his system “, etc.. If we are “pro Miami”, we are quick to point out “red flags” 3 games into a season, etc.. And so it goes, but to insult another poster for merely rendering an opinion on a message board is crazy to me.
The argumentation is that teams perform accordingly to their 247 talent ranking, making 247 therefore an accurate database for talent ranking. I have successfully denied this.

Out of the data that I have presented, it is logic to suggest that good coaching has something to do with a teams performance. However, for the large part, the simple reality is that these players were misevaluated at large.

You are not going to finish ranked in College Football if you dont have a decent amount of talent on your team. Cincinnati did not finish 4th in rankings purely based on coaching. They have evaluated High School players very, very well.

The argumentation is that teams perform accordingly to their 247 talent ranking, making 247 therefore an accurate database for talent ranking. I have successfully denied this.

Out of the data that I have presented, it is logic to suggest that good coaching has something to do with a teams performance. However, for the large part, the simple reality is that these players were misevaluated at large.

You are not going to finish ranked in College Football if you dont have a decent amount of talent on your team. Cincinnati did not finish 4th in rankings purely based on coaching. They have evaluated High School players very, very well.
Well, if we are to subscribe to your line of thinking on this particular issue, and again-just using basic logic here-….wouldn’t one logically deduce that ALL teams misevaluate talent, and thus the overall rankings still provide a more accurate view of the recruiting rankings? Help me understand this…

Well, if we are to subscribe to your line of thinking on this particular issue, and again-just using basic logic here-….wouldn’t one logically deduce that ALL teams misevaluate talent, and thus the overall rankings still provide a more accurate view of the recruiting rankings? Help me understand this…
Correct, all teams misevaluate talent, even Nick Saban.

Using 247 recruiting rankings do not point an accurate picture of what a team looks like. The recruiting rankings are only demonstrating what kind of talent rank these players have the moment they have left high school. This means, Akheem Mesidor is considered a low-ranked 3-star although he is over 80 lbs heavier compared to his HS senior season.

In short, don't use 247 recruiting rankings in order to evaluate teams and their ability. You have eyes, I presume you are smart and you have seen some football, make your own conclusions and go from there.

Advertisement
The bottom line is that good coaching is a combination of good talent evaluation AND being able to coach up said talent. I think coach Mirabel said it perfectly…he said something to the effect of he doesn’t consider himself a “coach”, rather he sees himself as a “teacher” and that having a teaching background has helped him disseminate information to young people effectively. Good coaches can not only “relate” to kids, but they can effectively “teach” kids in a way they can understand the material being taught…understand the “why” behind what they are doing and as a result, can play faster while completely understanding situational football. This is what some are seeing as a “red flag” with what we have seen thus far wrt our passing attack? Possible “Square peg, round hole”, meat-headed coaching/teaching methods that have yet to yield any positive results because the kids are not picking it up. The kids are not dumb, so that leaves the way in which they are possibly being taught as the culprit. Mirabel’s unit seems to be doing just fine? Go figure…

There are no great 25 yd plays in the playbook. Should have just called a screen and took what we could get. A two yd scramble is not the move. Speaking of which, do we not use screens anymore?
Good question. There was a screen called to Rooster on 3rd down, prior to the final failed 4th down.

Advertisement
Back