Is Yearby just another Graig Cooper?

when we were 7-0 last year, that kid was single handily carrying us. he showed up to play every game since he has been here. Golden always mentions to fumble against neb, or the one in the bowl game but he forgets about duke being a one man offense.

Advertisement
Yearby made zero plays this year, so I'm failing to see how you think he will be better than Duke, even including the fumbles. I criticize Duke as much as anyone but you have absolutely nothing to base that "argument" on

Cooper was very good and very fun to watch. He had amazing cuts and jukes and used quickness along with a little power to make defenders miss. If not for a gruesome injury on an abomination of a playing field, he would've had a more successful NFL career. Cooper lacked break away speed until he got a lot faster going into the 2009 season. Then he was down in the 4.5 range. He also was a good receiver out of the backfield (remember his awkward catch against FSU). And let's NOT forget, the play against whisky where he mangled his knee, he was going to HOUSE that kick return. Graig Cooper was a very good player and we shouldn't insult him by comparing Yearby to him (yet). Yearby can be good, but he had no business playing this year. He needs to get bigger and stronger to play on this level and run inside.

Last edited:
Yearby made zero plays this year, so I'm failing to see how you think he will be better than Duke, even including the fumbles. I criticize Duke as much as anyone but you have absolutely nothing to base that "argument" on

yearby made a huge td catch against duke.

i hated cooper. he didnt alot of cutting to get 2 yards. alot of shaking but it went no where. that being said, he had some horrible ol's

Advertisement
when he played he was productive. got yards. lets be fair. he didnt do what dalvin cook did but dalvin was more ready physically plus he didnt have duke in front of him.

Coop was better than he gets credit for by the fans. Not among the elite backs of course but when you go back and watch some games now (FSU victory for one) he played with an aggressiveness and recklessness that we would have appreciated this year. Not great, but a good back IMO.

Excuse me. Playmaker.

Yearby had 509 yards on 5.9 ypc. Not bad for a true FR behind Duke.

If Scarlett and Williams both bolt (which they probably will), Gus, Yearby, and Walton will all get a lot of touches next year.

Advertisement

Excuse me. Playmaker.

If Scarlett and Williams both bolt (which they probably will), Gus, Yearby, and Walton will all get a lot of touches next year.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Yearby isn't going to be a good back, but I just do not see anything that shows me he will be better than Duke.

Running back is the one position at UM where is appears our guys develop despite corching. South Florida breeds the backs and the environment is ideal for their development over 4 years of college. Even ******* Jawhereis James had a cameo in the league and Cooper was on his way to a career until the Miami curse hit him on a cold, miserable night on that high school field in Orlando. I expect Yearby will get faster, bigger, and ultimately become a very good back with elite lateral quickness and balance. He'll never be a burner but he's plenty fast.

People said Barry Sanders would never be better than Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma St

People did think Magahee would be better than Gore

Advertisement
Yearby is not and will not be better than Duke Johnson. He will be very good though. Has very good vision and can make guys miss at the line. Problem is Yearby does not have breakaway speed or ability to break tackles. Obviously Yearby can get stronger but don't think he gets much faster.

Name Duke's signature game. I'll wait. Yearby has 3 years to get one.

Yearby is not and will not be better than Duke Johnson. He will be very good though. Has very good vision and can make guys miss at the line. Problem is Yearby does not have breakaway speed or ability to break tackles. Obviously Yearby can get stronger but don't think he gets much faster.

He just needs the ability to HOLD ONTO THE BALL................something Duke Lacked.

Advertisement

Excuse me. Playmaker.

GUS SUCKS......as a TB. I agree with the rest.

Lol. Look, I was one of the first people on this board who started pushing that argument. I'm not debating you there.

That doesn't mean Yearby will be better. From the eyeball test, I just don't see Yearby as a better RB.

Time will tell.

Lol. Look, I was one of the first people on this board who started pushing that argument. I'm not debating you there.

That doesn't mean Yearby will be better. From the eyeball test, I just don't see Yearby as a better RB.

Time will tell.

Gotcha. Yearby is a pure RB. Balance, vision......yada, yada. He was better than Cook and still is. Cook is straight line fast. He gets through holes if there is a hole to get through. Once free. it's a wrap. He is not going to shake you or find a hole like Yearby or Duke can.

Now, Mark Walton. He is a Man Somebody needs to RS this year at RB, especially is JS and DW come.

Advertisement
Back