Is TVD, Chaney, Rooster, Rivers and Redding enrolling early?

Not so fast on Stubblefield... the only reason the staff offered Redding is bacause Bryan Robinson de-committed, and current Tennessee committ Jaylin Hyatt committed to VT at the time.

Basically Redding was a wait & see kid, they were just lucky He really wanted to be a Cane.

But He's here now so...
Lol at people thinking Stubb's pulled Redding....dude was vocal about wanting to be a Cane

Advertisement
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Redding starts. He brings something none of the other guys have which is size and speed. He’s 6’2 and might be the only WR on the roster that will be over 200 pounds, lol. He also has ridiculous ball skills. All of those things will make Rhett want to get him in those 1 on 1 deep shot situations. If he comes in and works, and from all accounts he has grade A work ethic, I think he will be one of our main horses at WR next year.
Completely agree. Not putting shine on the newest toys in the chest, but there should be absolutely NO given for playing time for anyone, regardless of position except Rousseau and maybe Hall. The rest need to bust **** every single m’fing day to even see the field in 2020. They don’t like it, then hit the portal. I too think that frosh are going to come in hungry knowing they can circle these weakling players like sharks. Watch Redding, Chaney, Knighton, Rivers, and Williams get lots of shine come fall.

I think we’ll find an QB in the portal so TVD redshirts regardless.

Knighton and Chaney will get reps for sure. There’s no way Burns plays over both of them.

Redding can help in the WR core.

Rivers can easily join the OL rotation.

All these kids can contribute early though and we will need them on offense.
While I believe we do hit the Portal for another QB, I think the masses are sleeping on Matocha.

Completely agree. Not putting shine on the newest toys in the chest, but there should be absolutely NO given for playing time for anyone, regardless of position except Rousseau and maybe Hall. The rest need to bust **** every single m’fing day to even see the field in 2020. They don’t like it, then hit the portal. I too think that frosh are going to come in hungry knowing they can circle these weakling players like sharks. Watch Redding, Chaney, Knighton, Rivers, and Williams get lots of shine come fall.
What did hall do this year to be garentied a starting spot?

Advertisement
That dude from Camden NJ is a straight DOG ! He is coming

It’s RB, it ain’t a hard position to learn. Either you can tote that ***** or you can’t. Hopefully Lashlee/offense gives him room.
Picking up assignments in the passing game sometimes is an issue though & prevents young talent from playing early.

All of those players will get pt, Knighton might need to get a little bigger, but if you are a good OC you will figure out a way to use him.

Advertisement
While I believe we do hit the Portal for another QB, I think the masses are sleeping on Matocha.
Don't do it to yourself man. For two years people here tried to convince themselves Evan Shirrefs would be a starter down the road despite not being able to throw a ball 30 yards. There's a reason Wyoming is who we beat out for Matocha.

All of those players will get pt, Knighton might need to get a little bigger, but if you are a good OC you will figure out a way to use him.
Put Rooster on kickoffs for sure. Who else is explosive and can do it? Also see if he can handle punt returns.

Advertisement
It’s RB, it ain’t a hard position to learn. Either you can tote that ***** or you can’t. Hopefully Lashlee/offense gives him room.
RBs need to understand the passing game and blitz pick up. Not just hand off and go.

Lol, I’m well aware they have to pick up blitzes and learn protection etc. I really was just trying to say that it’s extremely easy to make a huge impact, probably the easiest. Plenty of true freshmen play at RB, especially ones that enroll early. Learning who to block isn’t learning how to speak Japanese..and even the special backs who aren’t the best at blocking, there are ways to hide that and still just get them the **** ball and let them do what they do.

Advertisement
1578271470589.jpeg

Advertisement
Back