Is Trevor Lawrence the first true freshman to win a title?

motorcitycane

Senior
I know there have been some redshirt freshman to win titles but a true freshman?

To start the majority of the season and then win the title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1546961846708.png

Advertisement
Tua didn’t start the majority of last year though.

I’m talking about a 18 year old kid walking on campus winning the job and leading the team to the game. Didn’t Hurts start most of the year?

If only there was this thing called google to find this info out.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/156583514/best-true-freshman-quarterback-seasons

A lot of these list have redshirts but still call dudes freshman!

I’ll look at the Holloway cat though! That’s some impressive ****. I don’t think there’s been a kid to walk in start and do what TL has done before?

Tua coming in for a struggling Hurts doesn’t count. That’s why I was genuinely curious if a kid has started majority of regular season games and won a title as a true freshman.

Looks like Holieway and Lawrence are the only two which is crazy!

So
A lot of these list have redshirts but still call dudes freshman!

I’ll look at the Holloway cat though! That’s some impressive ****. I don’t think there’s been a kid to walk in start and do what TL has done before?

Tua coming in for a struggling Hurts doesn’t count. That’s why I was genuinely curious if a kid has started majority of regular season games and won a title as a true freshman.

Looks like Holieway and Lawrence are the only two which is crazy!

did Lawrence start the whole year?

I wonder if this kid just said f-it and sat the next two years training if he’d still go number one in the draft

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I wrong or were folks on board comparing Lawrence with our Jarren Williams a few months ago? Believe the premise or line was they were of equal talent. We can only wish.

Advertisement
Back