Is this the worst recruiting job in Canes history?

One thing a lot of teams use against is that coming to Miami is a waste of time for high end prospects.

They sell them on the fact that not only will you get paid if you come here (whichever school), but you'll also play early. Why go to Miami to sit on the bench & and not got paid?

It's a negative recruiting angle that works a lot better than people think.
Negative recruiting Miami isn't even work anymore.

You just show them box scores of meaningful games the last 15 years.

Advertisement
We gon be ****ed in 1-2 years if we don't hit the transfer market hard

and people crushed manny when he just said that. he ******* knew where these kids were going. ****, he even bailed on the program to get out from under richt and turned down a pay raise to do so

When you lose in embarrassing fashion, to inferior opponents, with **** poor coaching, no scoring, and lazy *** recruiting. This is the result. I don't believe I will ever see my canes recover enough to reach the top in my lifetime. I'm only 40, but too much damage has been done along with **** effort by the top dogs. I'm resigned to middle of the road 8 or 9 win seasons with occasional 7-5 sprinkled in. Sad but reality. The top coaches won't come here due to low money and fear of wrecking their careers.

Advertisement
The scarier part was that at least we can justify this as a “transition” class

This was set to be Richts 3rd class of his own and it was gonna be a nightmare class...

This will be a class we look back on with so many misses and ask WTF happened... only to pop on a tape of UVA, BC, GT or LSU getting embarrassed on offense and be like oh yeah we showed we were a joke

Moving on... who's out there that we have a shot on? This is too pitiful to keep thinking, let alone talking about.

Advertisement
Yes.

FSU is selling early PT and a new culture. As Canes fans we should understand how powerful that it. FSU has been playing bigtime games for years as we have had our thumbs up our asses. The situations aren't even close to compare.

The worrisome part for me was always that Richt would leave with an empty cupboard in this class. Yes we have GREAT freshmen on this team from last year but following that up with a dud is going to **** us for years.

It's the same cycle and until we branch out with coaching/scheme etc it won't ever change.

And their class is very average for a bump class.

It's why I wanted Cristobal. Dude can recruit with ANYBODY. Diaz still has a lot to prove on the trail.

This and only this. Cristobal was a shot in the arm. Instantly. But I’ll give manny the benefit of the doubt. But he better go get mercenaries.

One thing a lot of teams use against is that coming to Miami is a waste of time for high end prospects.

They sell them on the fact that not only will you get paid if you come here (whichever school), but you'll also play early. Why go to Miami to sit on the bench & and not got paid?

It's a negative recruiting angle that works a lot better than people think.

What high end prospect sits on the bench at Miami? We ain't that deep.

Advertisement
This has to be the first time in years we haven’t landed a kid at either of these all star games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back