Is this TE transfer a possibility?

All this worrying about te is complete paranoia settling in like the rb position last year before the season... I said we would be fine at rb and we should move deejay to rb before last season and what do you know richt said yesterday he shouldn’t have put out an advertisement out saying they needed help and should have moved Dallas sooner.... another point is we have 2 elite tes coming to fortify the position. They will play right away because they are that good regardless if they are young.

If you want to run in goal line put an extra lineman in the ball game as a “te” if you know you are running or in goal line situations. People make this more complicated than it needs to be... in addition to that we have a legit fullback coming in.

It's not Paranoia. Polendey and Irvin aren't UM caliber. Mallory is underweight and coming off a senior season in which he missed multiple games due to MULTIPLE concussions. Deejay Dallas is not going to bale us out at TE this year.

Our best case scenario is that in the ACC championship game Brevin is still healthy and hasn't hit the freshmen wall before he's asked to block on the best DL he's seen in his life. A DL in which all 4 DL are slated to be picked in the TOP25 of the 1st round.

Did i mention Brian Burns and Zach Allen ?

Comparing the TE and RB positions is just plain stupid as far as "readiness" is concerned. I have no doubt they're ready to show up and catch passes, but expecting them to be factor blocking in the run game vs some of the best defensive lines is fools gold.

If you're worried about scholarship than take this kid and tell Irvin or Polendey to walk. One of them is likely gone next year anyway.

Advertisement
It's not Paranoia. Polendey and Irvin aren't UM caliber. Mallory is underweight and coming off a senior season in which he missed multiple games due to MULTIPLE concussions. Deejay Dallas is not going to bale us out at TE this year.

Our best case scenario is that in the ACC championship game Brevin is still healthy and hasn't hit the freshmen wall before he's asked to block on the best DL he's seen in his life. A DL in which all 4 DL are slated to be picked in the TOP25 of the 1st round.

Did i mention Brian Burns and Zach Allen ?

Comparing the TE and RB positions is just plain stupid as far as "readiness" is concerned. I have no doubt they're ready to show up and catch passes, but expecting them to be factor blocking in the run game vs some of the best defensive lines is fools gold.

If you're worried about scholarship than take this kid and tell Irvin or Polendey to walk. One of them is likely gone next year anyway.
I dont Think richt is worried based on his comments about Mallory and Jordan a few weeks back. He’s clearly expecting them to contribute in a big way

I agree with this a lot. I think we need a grad transfer to bridge the gap this year. No matter how talented both are, having two freshmen as the top two guys at any position can be dangerous.

I see Jordan as a better version of Herndon, but like Herndon he’s closer to a finished product coming in and can see the field right away. IMO Mallory has the higher ceiling of the two but like Njoku would be more benefited from a redshirt if possible.

Exactly how i feel. Would like some spacing. Also give Mallory time to add weight and get comfortable with his new weight and playbook.

No lol Brevin and Mallory comin. We good.
Malory is not going to be ready this year. Not as an "in line" TE. He could only play the "flex" TE position until he adds weight and gets stronger. I think the kid from Mississippi by way of Tampa is a take.

Let them all compete!!! No one getting handed anything from what they did in high school!!! We need competition at all positions!!!

I dont Think richt is worried based on his comments about Mallory and Jordan a few weeks back. He’s clearly expecting them to contribute in a big way

Ive heard Richts comments and they seem to confirm that we wont have any serviceable TEs on the roster till fall. irvin and Polendey have shown no improvement and have essentially already been benched for kids who arent even on campus. Thats concerning.

Advertisement
First of all the kids last name is Irvin not Irving.

Freshman make mistakes. Need 2 Quality TE’s for red zone blocking. A grad transfer would be great.

Every highlight I have seen of Mallory he is rail thin. THat will not cut it in college. Kid needs a shirt for sure.

I still do not know why Langham has not moved to TE. Who has been telling this guy he will get paid as a WR?

He's Irving until he starts playing like an Irvin.

And Langham's biggest flaw is that he does not play to his size advantage and is not as physical as he should be; a shortcoming that will leave him susceptible to even more exploitation if he were to be moved to TE. The man is 6'4" and 240 lbs. and can't consistently get open when he should be "open" by default at his size.

This , we’re far from good

Yeah.. TEs tend to not be very useful as freshmen.. u gotta give them a year or two to bulk up and also to learn all of the responsibilities that come with being a TE

Trey Burton has to cut weight to stay around that weight..different body types. Im not really expecting anything out of Mallory this year and it isnt even a problem. It isnt about just weight..its about strength as well. If he is considered a match up nightmare than what is Langham who is heavier?. Pollendey was getting tossed around last year and is likely more equipped as an inline guy. I think Jordan is ready to play. I honestly think we should add a grad transfer te allowing us to shirt Mallory.
I think Mallory has better feet than Langham, but I get your point. Mallory is incredible in and out of his breaks. Wish Langham would be better utilized, though. If Mallory is what I envision, by the end of this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a look flex'd out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back