Is this Real Life (D'O Quote)

He confirmed my long time theory that Alf and Donofrio have zero clue why their defenses are bad and why the team consistently underperforms. You can see it in Alf's pressers - he's in a catatonic state because he just doesn't know how to fix it so he keeps digging his heels in and re-emphasizing scheme, discipline, pillars, etc. and never bothers to look at himself in the mirror and ask "do i need to change my ways?"

The guy is clueless and defines Einstein's insanity

Advertisement
Someone posted shannons defensive rankings a while back and it really opened my eyes to how bad golden is.

The Hurricanes’ defense held FSU to three field goals in four trips to the red zone in UM’s 29-24 loss to FSU, but it certainly did not succeed in a game in which it allowed 539 yards – 358 of them the first half.

I wish I had an answer but I know we’re searching hard,’’ said defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio on the lack of four consistent quarters all season. “Whatever it is, we’re working our tails off to be more consistent. …We didn’t give up a lot of explosive plays last year and that’s really what we have to fix.’’

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes rush end Al-Quadin Muhammad makes his mark in first start | Miami Herald

This is what we have been dealing with the last 5 years and what Blake James decided to retain for this year. That doesn't even make sense. I almost feel like the last 5 years have been a giant troll job.

One of the most disingenuous statements he's made. He sounds like he's desparate for answers, but let's break this down:

He first says "I WISH I had an answer"; let's stop right there. He's acknowledging he don't know what the heck is going on here, and that's fine. The next statement, however, is not fine. He says, "WHATEVER it is, we're WORKING our tails off to be more consistent." Wait, huh? If you just acknowledged you don't know what the problem is, then how in the heck can you solve the problem???

These are the type of statments that we have been dealing with for 4.5 years....they are called empty statements. They sound good, but when you break them down, they don't address or acknowledge anything. Hence, we have not seen any growth on that side of the ball, or really the team. Fluff phrases like "it starts w/ me" are issued out, but the next statement is "THEY have to tackle better." Again, a disingenious statement. The staff pretend like they are accepting accountability, but then turn around and blame the players.

This is why these cancer cells need to get away from our program. They are the epitome of "me" guys.

Advertisement
its called 2 dudes that should of been fired 2 years ago in the modern media age where youre getting interviewed every day, they have nothing to say, they're failures, only thing left to do is admit it

It's been discussed ad nauseum, but solving our defensive problems is not rocket science. Mark Schelereth discussed it on ESPN when referring to the Dolphins defense, but it equally applies here. When players are thinking too much they are not aggressive, which results in playing soft and making mistakes. As he recommended, the Keep It Simple Stupid approach largely fixes those issues. Stop with the 5 pages of ridiculously confusing defensive calls and resort to basic principles: aggressiveness and QB pressure.

But these Al Groh disciples are unwilling to admit their mistakes. They keep preaching the same bull**** of "trying to be more consistent." You've already got that solved Donofrio: We consistently underperform on defense and blow it at the end.

Advertisement
Back