Is this Josh Horton's Breakout Year?

LatinCane

Sophomore
I'd love to see him get some playing time this year in the DT rotation. Physically the guy seems to be ready. Did he play much in the Spring game? I know we brought in some DTs and are looking for more, but Horton is one that could solve a lot of our concerns at this position if he can breakout in 24. Has anyone heard how he is doing? Saw he played in three games last year before redshirting.

Advertisement
1000000938.gif

I'd love to see him get some playing time this year in the DT rotation. Physically the guy seems to be ready. Did he play much in the Spring game? I know we brought in some DTs and are looking for more, but Horton is one that could solve a lot of our concerns at this position if he can breakout in 24. Has anyone heard how he is doing? Saw he played in three games last year before redshirting.

Is he even healthy? Maybe we should be asking if Moten, who actually played some and is headed into year 3, can be anything more than a JAG?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Might wanna change the title, OP. Put "DT" in neon, flashing lights.

To answer your question, yeah, it'd be pretty ******* cool if it was. Horton or Moten, Mario/Joe gotta hit on one of those 2 kids. If one of those two are on their way to eventually being an NFL player, and we can get one more portal kid, we'll be more than fine at DT. But you can't have both those kids be useless, one of them has to be a hit.

Might wanna change the title, OP. Put "DT" in neon, flashing lights.

To answer your question, yeah, it'd be pretty ******* cool if it was. Horton or Moten, Mario/Joe gotta hit on one of those 2 kids. If one of those two are on their way to eventually being an NFL player, and we can get one more portal kid, we'll be more than fine at DT. But you can't have both those kids be useless, one of them has to be a hit.

Agree but it’s a pretty bad sign when you don’t hear anything about them in Spring camp. Hence my question on whether or not Horton is even healthy yet.

I thought I had read somewhere that Horton was injured. Doesn't seem like he's been healthy much at all since he's arrived. I've not been the least impressed by Moten and believe he's fallen into JAG status. Was hoping he was going to portal and us get a decent replacement.

Advertisement
He has been hurt and did not participate in spring. DMoney has gone over this repeatedly. He is expected to be healthy fairly soon so that's a positive. The problem is that nobody knows what to expect. The coaches view him as an NFL talent but he needs to get into game shape and above all he needs reps. Hopefully he comes on this year because he could really help.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back