Is this Everyone's First Recruiting Season?

Chrisarg72

Freshman
Everyone wants a fully loaded class by the dead period, but that rarely if ever happens. Top recruits usually commit during the All American Games or in the weeks that follow, or on NSD. If you want to judge this class and attack Richt and the Staff's recruiting atleast wait until they finish completing the class. As a summary here are all the recruits in the last five seasons that have committed after 12/19:

[table="width: 500, class: grid, align: left"]
[tr]
[td]2016 Class[/td]
[td]2015 Class[/td]
[td]2014 Class[/td]
[td]2013 Class[/td]
[td]2012 Class[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Malek Young ***[/td]
[td]Lawrence Cager ***[/td]
[td]Calvin Heurtelou ***[/td]
[td]Devante Bond ***[/td]
[td] Jacoby Briscoe ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jovani Haskins ***[/td]
[td]Robert Knowles ***[/td]
[td]David Njoku ***[/td]
[td]Beau Sandland ****[/td]
[td]Deon Bush ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tyreic Martin ***[/td]
[td]James King ***[/td]
[td]Joe Brown [/td]
[td]AQM ****[/td]
[td] Tyriq McCord ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tre Johnson ***[/td]
[td]Sheldrick Redwine ***[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Odogwu ***[/td]
[td]Robert Lockhart ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Romeo Finley ****[/td]
[td]Kendrick Norton ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Kamalu ***[/td]
[td]Antonio Crawford ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jeff James ***[/td]
[td]Evan Shirrefs ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Coley ****[/td]
[td]Juwand Blue ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Ahmmon Richards ****[/td]
[td]Terrence Henley ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Lockley ***[/td]
[td]Dequan Ivery ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Dayall Harris ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Corn Elder ****[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Derrick Griffin ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everyone is just freaking out because our attempt to lock down a national elite WR has been failing, once that class is all said and done I doubt there will be anything to complain about.

I don't want a fully loaded class by da dead period. I like a lil signing day drama.

Advertisement
Been following recruiting since 92 . Back then I used to have to call 1-800 numbers to get info and updates as the internet obviously wasn't wide spread yet ( if even invented I don't know) SO I am a veteran of this crap. Love where UM is at the moment. This will be our best class in years . SOme just are little girls when it comes to this junk .

Everyone is just freaking out because our attempt to lock down a national elite WR has been failing, once that class is all said and done I doubt there will be anything to complain about.

The fact that there is a 30% blue chip ratio is more of a concern than the big misses. The class is likely not going to be the upgrade you would think to get when a first year bump from an SEC coach and IPF news comes out.

The fact that there is a 30% blue chip ratio is more of a concern than the big misses. The class is likely not going to be the upgrade you would think to get when a first year bump from an SEC coach and IPF news comes out.

We been average for 10 years. Start getting in the playoff conversation. 11+ win seasons and go from there.

Advertisement

I agree that's concerning, but only if we miss out. There are 4 blue chips we're looking to have a high chance on, plus any surprises. That would push us to a 50% blu chip class (almost doubles our blue chips). We need to close well, and sure we can **** up, but lets judge based on results not conjecture.

People get bent every year. OMG we missed this blue chipper and this one. Look back at the ones we missed and you'll constantly see: we dodged a bullet, that guy didn't develop.

That's why I don't sweat guys like Henderson, commits, then decommits, reports are he is having a miserable time on visit by reliable people, posts picture that he had a great time. Or guys like McKitty, commits, then commits to Oregon (WTF? A SFL TE to Oregon?), then commits to FSU. Or guys like Edwards who don't want to hear a staff being honest with them saying there they will start at CB but there is a possibility that he could end up playing safety based on their evaluations (Colorado is the leader, WTF?). History shows these types of recruitment don't end well.

I'm not saying these guys will suck or have sour grapes. I'm just saying I've seen it too many times with these kids who are so wishy washy and make WTF decisions.

Listen to OP. He's the voice of reason. Hang in there, and we could wind up with blue-chip luminary Canes like Joe Brown, Knowles, Bond, Griffin, Shirreffs, Henley, King, Lockley and Hertelou.

Advertisement
The doom & gloom from some posters comes from the fact that they've seen this story before. Hopefully richt can change the ending

Listen to OP. He's the voice of reason. Hang in there, and we could wind up with blue-chip luminary Canes like Joe Brown, Knowles, Bond, Griffin, Shirreffs, Henley, King, Lockley and Hertelou.

Ya you can pick and choose both ways: Corn Elder, Deon Bush, Kendrick Norton, Ahmmon Richards, AQM, Coley, Njoku. Congratulations, you win the Nobel Prize in mathematics this year for proving recruiting is an inexact science.

Everyone wants a fully loaded class by the dead period, but that rarely if ever happens. Top recruits usually commit during the All American Games or in the weeks that follow, or on NSD. If you want to judge this class and attack Richt and the Staff's recruiting atleast wait until they finish completing the class. As a summary here are all the recruits in the last five seasons that have committed after 12/19:

[tr]
[td]2016 Class[/td]
[td]2015 Class[/td]
[td]2014 Class[/td]
[td]2013 Class[/td]
[td]2012 Class[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Malek Young ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]David Njoku ***[/td]
[td]Deon Bush ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]James King ***[/td]
[td]Joe Brown [/td]
[td]AQM ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tre Johnson ***[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Odogwu ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Kamalu ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jeff James ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Coley ****[/td]
[td]Juwand Blue ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Lockley ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Corn Elder ****[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

I agree with you that everyone should wait til the end to judge the class. But that graph doesn't help your argument. Alot of those players either didn't play at all or was average.

Advertisement

[tr]
[td]2016 Class[/td]
[td]2015 Class[/td]
[td]2014 Class[/td]
[td]2013 Class[/td]
[td]2012 Class[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Malek Young ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]David Njoku ***[/td]
[td]Deon Bush ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]James King ***[/td]
[td]Joe Brown [/td]
[td]AQM ****[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Tre Johnson ***[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Odogwu ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Kamalu ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jeff James ***[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Coley ****[/td]
[td]Juwand Blue ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Lockley ***[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Corn Elder ****[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

I agree with you that everyone should wait til the end to judge the class. But that graph doesn't help your argument. Alot of those players either didn't play at all or was average.

I mean it's fairly representative of our team, some studs, some blue chips that flamed out and didn't realize their potential, some under the radar players that excelled, and some Jags that got nothing done.

Advertisement
Back