Is this current Defensive Staff not preparing their Players

Our current Defensive Staff has pretty much been in place since Mark Richt was hired. All of our Defensive player's who they have spent two or more years developing haven't done much in the NFL at all...Here's the list of our Defensive player's drafted. Do you guys think they are being prepared properly for the NFL??

Chad Thomas - Out of the NFL
RJ Mcintosh - Hasn't played since 2019

Sheldrick Redwine - Backup Safety for Cleveland
Jaquan Johnson - 10 Tackles in 2 Years
Mike Jackson - hasn't played a game
Joe Jackson - 9 Tackles in two years

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles
You're projecting your narrative on that set of facts. The other possibility is they were productive college players who just aren't that elite as athletes or players and wouldn't be doing more in the NFL had they gone elsewhere.

Everyone thinks 'our guys' are supposed to be NFL stars. Except the NFL finds guys in DII, and eerywhere in between. Maybe the issue is we're not findign all the right guys?

Advertisement
What is your definition of good? Double digit TFL in back to back seasons and 4.5 sacks each in those same years. All while he got all the attention that allowed Garvin to have the best season of his career on the other side. He was also the best DE in run support his senior year.
Jackson played opposite chad not garvin

I'm not reaching for anything, I'm generally asking a question. Why aren't our Defensive player's who get drafted having success under this current staff?

You're absolutely reaching. None of these guys were all-world talents in college and only one of them was a major high school recruit.

I don't know what your deal is. I think you're just looking for attention. But you seem to be completely incapable of not creating endless pointless posts.

Advertisement
Well the alternative is getting in nfl talent and they look bad here and are misused in a big way but go on to the league. Think chikilo deon bush Jenkins

I’ll even double down and say if you told me a 6’5 270lb 5 star was only gonna give me 4.5 sacks per season as an every down player I’d say give me a younger guy that has more potential.
I’ll tell you this..teams weren’t breaking contain on chads side that’s for sure..theres more to being an effective edge player then accumulating sacks...as far as op..these players on defense were what the were. The fact a kid like red wine and others carved out a nfl career is a testament to the college coaches getting them too that point..once there either you stick our you dont

Our current Defensive Staff has pretty much been in place since Mark Richt was hired. All of our Defensive player's who they have spent two or more years developing haven't done much in the NFL at all...Here's the list of our Defensive player's drafted. Do you guys think they are being prepared properly for the NFL??

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles
I feel they are NFL material but not being developed for the NFL. See Perryman, Campbell, Shields among others.

Advertisement
I don't give a **** what they do/did in the NFL, I watched them every Saturday for 3/4 years and they never learned any pass rush moves.

EVERY player we sent to the NFL combine had negative comments about their technique on their prospect profile.

Yall say they weren't athletically gifted enough and that's not true for all of them.

I don't give a **** what they do/did in the NFL, I watched them every Saturday for 3/4 years and they never learned any pass rush moves.

EVERY player we sent to the NFL combine had negative comments about their technique on their prospect profile.

Yall say they weren't athletically gifted enough and that's not true for all of them.
We’ve had 3 different DL coaches during Manny’s tenure.

Kul-widely recognized to be a great pass rushing teaching DL coach. Sent numerous pass rushers to the NFL at Missouri.

Simpson-Another well regarded DL coach that left Miami to be the DL coach of the Falcons.

Stroud-Is going to have numerous 1st round DL after this draft.

I think talent and desire to be great plays a major role.

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles
How many games do we watch example V. Tech last year where the defense has no answer to what the opponent is doing? NC this year comes to mind also. So the answer is no!!

Advertisement
Was Searles not preparing OL or were they just not very good players?

Seems like he became a much better coach since joining UNC's staff.

Must be magic.

So, has it been all Miami coaching? Unlikely.

Has it been all Miami players? I think Gus Edwards and company say it isnt.

Do what is the f[]cking problem?

I believe its more on recruiting, strategies, and calls--at that lays with the administration and coaching staff.

Maybe college is ahead of NFL but I don’t understand how the striker position help these kids. Ideally I think striker position would be most versatile position but the way we use it limits kid and defense. A striker should be able to play two high, deep middle, and nickel.

Advertisement
How many games do we watch example V. Tech last year where the defense has no answer to what the opponent is doing? NC this year comes to mind also. So the answer is no!!
And GT last year. Although VT & GT didn't rape us to the same degree as UNC this year, I wasn't surprised by what UNC did to us this year based off what I saw in the VT & GT games. BTW, the VT TE scored again.

You have like kind/relationship guys trying to teach a subject they are not educated to do. We need Calculus teachers and these guys are basic math. There are qualified coaches for DC and position, but Diaz will stick with the unqualified. #WinstonMoss and TRobinson.

Advertisement
Back