Is this current Defensive Staff not preparing their Players

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Our current Defensive Staff has pretty much been in place since Mark Richt was hired. All of our Defensive player's who they have spent two or more years developing haven't done much in the NFL at all...Here's the list of our Defensive player's drafted. Do you guys think they are being prepared properly for the NFL??

Chad Thomas - Out of the NFL
RJ Mcintosh - Hasn't played since 2019

Sheldrick Redwine - Backup Safety for Cleveland
Jaquan Johnson - 10 Tackles in 2 Years
Mike Jackson - hasn't played a game
Joe Jackson - 9 Tackles in two years

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our current Defensive Staff has pretty much been in place since Mark Richt was hired. All of our Defensive player's who they have spent two or more years developing haven't done much in the NFL at all...Here's the list of our Defensive player's drafted. Do you guys think they are being prepared properly for the NFL??

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles
Even Al Golden and D’No did a better job preparing players for the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m all about criticizing our defensive staff for under developing but this is a reach. This is more an indictment on recruiting. Nobody on that list was a bonafide lock for the league. They are all limited in either athleticism or size or both. Chad is the exception and he’s already got a career in something else.

Advertisement
I’m all about criticizing our defensive staff for under developing but this is a reach. This is more an indictment on recruiting. Nobody on that list was a bonafide lock for the league. They are all limited in either athleticism or size or both. Chad is the exception and he’s already got a career in something else.
I'm not reaching for anything, I'm generally asking a question. Why aren't our Defensive player's who get drafted having success under this current staff?

Shaq Quaterman 5 Tackles
Jon Garvin - 5 Tackles
You realise you've just posted a list of marginal NFL talent doing marginal things in the NFL, right?

I'd like our coaching staff changed, but this ain't why.

I'm not reaching for anything, I'm generally asking a question. Why aren't our Defensive player's who get drafted having success under this current staff?

I just gave you the answer. The NFL is a different beast. Those guys were good college players, nothing more. In a few of their cases like Redwine and JJ, you could say they outplayed their perceived ceiling. JJ was probably the best DB to play here since Brandon Phillips. He was never gonna be a star in the league. Redwine went from a nobody recruit to a productive starter here. I would’ve bet the farm he would’ve never made an NFL roster when we signed him.

Chad was never very good. All projection.

Advertisement
Chad was never very good. All projection.

What is your definition of good? Double digit TFL in back to back seasons and 4.5 sacks each in those same years. All while he got all the attention that allowed Garvin to have the best season of his career on the other side. He was also the best DE in run support his senior year.

What is your definition of good? Double digit TFL in back to back seasons and 4.5 sacks each in those same years. All while he got all the attention that allowed Garvin to have the best season of his career on the other side. He was also the best DE in run support his senior year.
4.5 sacks as a DE is atrocious especially in Mannys scheme.

Advertisement
Stick to your useless threads on FCS qbs who throw 45 ints and a former FAU qb who has 34 felonies.
Lol do you just go around talking **** in every post? I swear CIS is a weird *** place, some people on here just go from post to post speaking negative and talking ****. They have to let let you know how much they don't like your post instead of just ignoring it 😅

A players success in the League isn't on the school. Its all work ethics. I'm never blaming the school unless that player turn out to be better in the league then they looked in school. these guys were drafted

Advertisement
Back