Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
If we don’t sign a DC it’s simply because Manny doesn’t want one.

I can literally name 50 coaches off the top of my head that all it would take is a phone call to their agent & they would immediately accept the DC job here.

Miami is not short on money & there’s plenty of coaches who would love the pay raise & profile bump getting a chance to coach at program like Miami. There’s no realistic excuse for us not to sign a DC, it all falls on Manny either trying to finesse a way to not embarrass his best bud Baker or simply being lazy & not putting in enough calls.

There’s hundreds (no exaggeration) of coaches that will change jobs in this offseason, if Manny uses the “well I couldn’t find anybody!” excuse as his reasoning for not replacing Bake as DC then he’s kicking himself in the nuts & sabotaging his tenure here.

It’s as clear as day Bake needs to go, this shît ain’t rocket science, put some fckin calls in & find somebody.

Mannys clock was already ticking...it just sped up then if he doesnt replace Baker.

So like I was saying, Stroud didn't wanna step down and didn't on his own.
It was definitely on his own. He didn’t want to coach on-field here 2 years ago. He did Manny a favor stepping in when Simpson left.

He did him a favor last off-season agreeing to coach another year when the interest in the DL job was **** poor and Manny was stuck in the middle of an offensive overhaul.

He was prepared to do it again if he absolutely had to

Stroud wanted to chill and spend time with his wife but still be involved. Not as a position co though

Meh, I'd prefer Charlie Skrong over Kevin Steele anyways.

Maybe Skrong didn't want to cause Bama any distractions before the national championship game and things will heat up afterwards. Not a secret that Saban would lose his **** if rumors around Skrong were taking attention away from prepping for the title game, so Skrong isn't taking calls right now. The best candidate and fit may not have really been open to discussions yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is why I’ve been saying I don’t think we get a DC. Steele was the only name I’ve heard floated around and I knew he was likely headed to Knoxville.

Auburn is gonna pay him and he wants to collect from them because he thought he had their HC job in the bag.

Manny definitely had a talk with him and took a shot. He just wasn’t interested. We also discussed an analyst job with him but he preferred UT where he’ll probably try to take a swing for their HC job.
If Steele was the only guy Manny was focused on then Manny was never seriously considering replacing Baker. With Two weeks since the season ended that seems to be the case.

Advertisement
Steele is 100% taking that job to finesse his way into their HC position. He and Fulmer go way back.

Might be best for us because he seems to be a weasel everywhere he goes.
NGL when I heard Steele I got instantly disappointed. I don't think his defense was really anything special. I think taking a flyer on some of the g5 programs is a better way of going.

If Steele was the only guy Manny was focused on then Manny was never seriously considering replacing Baker. With Two weeks since the season ended that seems to be the case.

OR Diaz's other prime target is currently preparing for the national championship game and Diaz is respecting that, and he's waiting until after the game to make an announcement. One can hope.

T-Rob joined the staff. That deal is done. I just can't see him signing up to work for Blake Baker. It doesn't square. The puzzle pieces that fit best are that Diaz has indications that Strong would be receptive (maybe from his agent, any actual convos would have been double top secret), Strong doesn't want to cause distractions before the natty so Diaz is respecting that, the plan is for him to be co-DC/primary playcaller with Baker as the other co-DC. It's the only scenario that touches all the bases.

Last edited:
U really believe that, don’t u? Lol

U know what? I said 2021 is going to be my yr of peace. U’re a Cane fan, so let’s try this again, b/c miscommunication on a msg board happens a lot.

What were u trying to convey?
I said the same thing for 2021 lol!

It's all good bro on my end, and my apologies for calling you out of your name.

Advertisement
He was fired by Texas, didnt throw in the towel, got another dc job, kept moving up, and eventually got a hc job because of his defense. type A college football coaches, who work 100 hours a week, didn’t get to where they are by throwing in the towel. Right or wrong, they are usually going to ride with what got them there
And those people will end up back as a DC or at worse back to a position coach.

schools aren’t gonna put up with failure and other schools rely on success for them to hire you so both scenarios a lose /lose for Manny if he doesn’t change..

Other credible people on here say there are more names

I just don’t know anything about them and if we take it serious

I trust Cribby saying Baker won’t be calling the D in 2021.

It was definitely on his own. He didn’t want to coach on-field here 2 years ago. He did Manny a favor stepping in when Simpson left.

He did him a favor last off-season agreeing to coach another year when the interest in the DL job was **** poor and Manny was stuck in the middle of an offensive overhaul.

He was prepared to do it again if he absolutely had to

Stroud wanted to chill and spend time with his wife but still be involved. Not as a position co though
Shout out to Stroud for that. Must really like Manny and/or have a lot of love for UM.

Advertisement
Other credible people on here say there are more names

I just don’t know anything about them and if we take it serious

I trust Cribby saying Baker won’t be calling the D in 2021.
ultimately it's the only thing that matters.

Trob can recruit, if manny and trob are calling plays than that's all that really matters in the short term before finding a suitable DC candidate

Why does Charlie Strong name keep floating around on here. I haven't seen anyone valid mention him as a possibility

Advertisement
Back