Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
I sure hope U’re right, my friend. It makes sense when u break it down like that. It seems very logical.

Now all that being said, Sark announced he was leaving Bama, so that obviously would be a bigger distraction than Strong leaving to be DC. But who knows, maybe Diaz took Strong down to La Carreta while he's in town and worked out the whole deal while splitting a colada. If anyone finds Strong with little plastic cups, that's the smoking gun.

As another poster said, mental gymnastics. I can't explain a guy as in high demand as T-Rob taking the job if Baker is going to be calling plays. It is the one thing that blows up any of the other theories that Baker is returning as DC or Diaz struck out on all his candidates. He's smart enough to know that won't work. So he wouldn't take the job unless he knew and approved of the incoming DC. Some of our most illustrious posters have made it clear Baker isn't going to be calling plays next year. There is one big fish still out there who is widely respected but serving as an analyst for a team playing in the natty. He's old school about respecting the game and isn't going to distract the team with rumors of him leaving. So there might be only 6 people who know what is up: Diaz, Baker, T-Rob, Skrong, B. James, and Skrong's agent. You wouldn't hear rumors because all of them know how it could all go sideways real quick if word leaked. Or it could also be a NFL guy whose team is/was in the playoffs- but who that could be, I have no idea.

It's a logic game: Coach A would not join the program if Coach B was the DC. Coach A joined the program. Therefore ...
Fingers crossed, Baker can not stay DC

She said "for the record he is healthy" wtf do you think that means? That wasn't a update about his health, she would have worded it differently. Secondly Coach Stroud would have tweeted about HIS health on HIS own, why would his wife do it. Scorned women get ****ed off and try to get even. I swear to god cane fans be dumb as ****. Read between the lines!
Dude, you're wrong. Stop posting.

Advertisement
Didnt Tenn. say they want to hire coaches after they have finished their investigation?
they did. they froze all contracts and hiring
cover5.jpg

My problem with Diaz calling plays, but not hiring anybody with weight and experience is that we will not see any real adjustment to his D and that's a problem. Diaz's system is better with him calling plays, but it was still very susceptible against teams with a good run game and overall top offenses. Obviously, nobody is holding elite offenses to 20 point in CFB anymore, but Winsc 2x, 2018 LSU and 2017 Clemson all had their way with Diaz's Defenses.
I'm ok with Diaz calling plays, but I need somebody on staff that can help the D have better structure and discipline. And ffs get somebody that can teach the players how to tackle.

Unless it's Baker
i'm NOT advocating for baker here at all, he needs gone

but you guys are drastically overexaggerating trob's coaching ability imo. 100% one of the best recruiters in the nation, db position coach is a proven commodity for sure, but that's where it ends.

His defense has been worse than bakers each and every year, South Carolina gave up 36 pts per game last year (we gave up 26) in his 4th year in the defense. He was only a DC to begin with because Muschamp hired him as DB coach at florida and promoted him again as DC at South Carolina when South carolina was dumb enough to hire muschamp after the florida debacle

I guess my nitpicking point here is, rag on baker all you want, it's well deserved. But trying to make it seem like TRob is better or even a good DC by any means is a far stretch because he utterly failed at USCe

it's all irrelevant since he's our DB coach but just felt like correcting the seemingly ovverrulling narrative that TROB was somehow overqualified for his title which I don't believe is the case

Advertisement
i'm NOT advocating for baker here at all, he needs gone

but you guys are drastically overexaggerating trob's coaching ability imo. 100% one of the best recruiters in the nation, db position coach is a proven commodity for sure, but that's where it ends.

His defense has been worse than bakers each and every year, South Carolina gave up 36 pts per game last year (we gave up 26) in his 4th year in the defense. He was only a DC to begin with because Muschamp hired him as DB coach at florida and promoted him again as DC at South Carolina when South carolina was dumb enough to hire muschamp after the florida debacle

I guess my nitpicking point here is, rag on baker all you want, it's well deserved. But trying to make it seem like TRob is better or even a good DC by any means is a far stretch because he utterly failed at USCe

it's all irrelevant since he's our DB coach but just felt like correcting the seemingly ovverrulling narrative that TROB was somehow overqualified for his title which I don't believe is the case

hes not a good dc. hes an elite DB coach. thats it

the team to look out for is Tennessee bc Steele wants the HC job and they think Pruitt is gone

Kinda forgetting that a big reason Pruitt is gone is the impending recruiting violations. Tennessee hired big time attorneys to investigate. Schools don't do that for violations like having offering cream cheese for bagels (a school actually got in trouble for that!)

The way his contract was structured allows us to pay him $500k for example and Auburn has to foot the rest of the $4.5m. If we paid him $2.5m, Auburn owes the other half. I believe Butch Jones had a similar structure at UT, so his $35k salary meant UT was paying him to be an analyst at Bama. Someone can probably point out if I am wrong or not.
I think the analyst role rate is a workaround. I highly doubt the 4.5m rate applies he took a DC or HC job elsewhere. Not to mention it makes no sense for him to be floating around with a 500k price tag. The free market would bid him up regardless of what he's being paid by Auburn.

Advertisement
This is why I’ve been saying I don’t think we get a DC. Steele was the only name I’ve heard floated around and I knew he was likely headed to Knoxville.

Auburn is gonna pay him and he wants to collect from them because he thought he had their HC job in the bag.

Manny definitely had a talk with him and took a shot. He just wasn’t interested. We also discussed an analyst job with him but he preferred UT where he’ll probably try to take a swing for their HC job.
Lmfao. He turned down the DC job but then Mandy came back and said, how about an analyst position instead?!?!?!

Now all that being said, Sark announced he was leaving Bama, so that obviously would be a bigger distraction than Strong leaving to be DC. But who knows, maybe Diaz took Strong down to La Carreta while he's in town and worked out the whole deal while splitting a colada. If anyone finds Strong with little plastic cups, that's the smoking gun.

I would take Strong over Baker.

Advertisement
Let’s see how he does as our DC first.
I'll take strong on a short leash for sure. Otherwise we know what we have with Manny calling plays and Baker out of the picture... A top 5 defense.

Plenty of HC's call plays so it wouldn't be out of the question, Manny is definitely driven enough. Hopefully strong works out but I'm definitely a skeptic based on his last decade of work surrounding defense

I dont think you and most people understand the real issue manny has with firing baker, Imo of course. Baker runs manny’s defense, aNd by firing him he is admitting that his defense doesnt work and isn’t good enough. Thats the main reason he got the hc job and if he couldn’t keep his “specialty” going successfully for even two years, what hope does he have at being a hc?
The great HCs change their schemes and philosophies all the time. They evolve as the game changes.

No one ever thought Sabag would be running a wide open throw first spread high flying offense. Yet here he is winning now primarily with his offense.

Advertisement
Back